3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SoYYYeR3 09.01.22 11:13 pm

Timings (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Guys, does anyone know if they are going to fix the voice acting in the game? Add lip sync or something like that?
23 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrey Skalubo 09.01.22

SoYYYeR3 Of
course not. Why waste extra babosiks. Now, if all the fans were suddenly angry with the developers because of the voice acting, then maybe. And then, this is only in Russian voice acting

D
Dmitriy_XAN 09.01.22

SoYYYeR3
No, they won't change the voice acting, and it's not that bad either

G
Gutsz 09.01.22

SoYYYeR3
Perhaps with the release of paid DLC they will fix the timings of the voice acting, or maybe in one of the patches. According to the developers, they see this as a problem and are doing everything they can to fix it.

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Gutsz Can you provide a
link or an authoritative source confirming your words?

G
Gutsz 09.01.22

Warsnake
Search on Twitter, I saw it on the news here. And these are just assumptions

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Gutsz
You did the stuffing of hell-knows-where-and-what information and suggest that I look for it? By the way, in the news on this site, there was no such news.

G
Gutsz 09.01.22

Warsnake
She was on the blog, by text

T
Teyroks 09.01.22

Apparently I'm the only one who is quite happy with the voice acting

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Gutsz
Blog is not news from developers. Now I can also scribble a blog that in future DLCs it will be possible to seduce Ciri by playing Philip. But from this, such an opportunity will not appear in the game.

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Teyroks
There are no complaints about the voice acting. The timing of some lines, not all of them, has a problem. Either too fast or too slow. But this is not the fault of the actors, it is the fault of the developers, because the timing was adjusted to the English speech, not considering that our language is richer ...

V
Vaselinski 09.01.22

The translation and voice acting are the best, the timings are infuriating, of course, but tolerable.

T
Teyroks 09.01.22

Warsnake
It annoys me more that the wolf amulet, with the wolf's master armor dressed in the wind in the dialogues, sways like a paper one)) or as if it shocks it))

S
SoYYYeR3 09.01.22

Andrey Skalubo
Not only. I was on the official forum CD Project RED and so on ALL voices other than English

M
Morag_Tong 09.01.22

The English voice acting is wonderful, why waste time on Russian at all - over the past 20 years, only a few games have been qualitatively dubbed into Russian

F
Filis 09.01.22

Morag_Tong
And because playing witch with English voice acting - it's like watching "Operation" Y "in the English dub
SoYYYeR3
Do you realize that just can not be repaired, you need to almost a third of the replica to record again with a rearranged sentences in the languages where the literal translation does not fit into the original (for English speech) timing. And this, consider, from scratch to pay for localization, which costs a lot. So I will be very surprised if CDPR decides to take such a step. They are of course loyal to the fans and listen to requests , but not to the same extent :)

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Filis You
don't need to re- sound anything, you just need to correct the time allotted for some lines and stretch it, or decrease it. That's all.

F
Filis 09.01.22

Warsnake
Oh! Yes, I see one of the developers of the game here, or at least a person who understands, and not just a "couch" analyst :)
Even if so, the work is huge, because everything is connected with each other, you just "stretch it out, you speed it up there "will not fail because it may turn out that one character has not yet finished the line, but something completely different is already happening on the screen. Or, on the contrary, the heroes stand and silently stare at each other for 20 seconds, waiting for the start of the next script :)
I think that the problem is more sucked out of the finger, because there are not so many places where the heroes chatter too quickly or mumble like stoned ones, especially in the second half games. Ciri's remarks cut the ear much more, the artist who voices her is often fake and no timing correction can fix it.

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Filis
Laugh as much as you like, but I really have to do with game development. And I'll tell you that the actors were recording at normal speed. Acceleration / deceleration is caused by the features of the engine, that is, programmatically. And in order to fix it all, you need to sit down, turn on all the replicas in a row, listen and correct in time, separately for each localization. Problems of this kind exist in all localizations except English. But there is nothing to re-sound here, because there is sound. You just need to put it on the timebar correctly ... But someone does not like the voice acting actress - this is pure taste, and she is often fake precisely because of the wrong timing.
In general, answering your question. Here it is simple: you will stretch it there, you will speed it up here. The original sound is there, it is not synchronized with the timebar, that's all.

"it may turn out that one character has not yet finished the line, but something completely different is already happening on the screen. Or, on the contrary, the heroes stand and silently stare at each other for 20 seconds, waiting for the start of the next script" - this crap will not happen because time will stretch per replica, respectively, and the time per scene in which the replica occurs.

F
Filis 09.01.22

Warsnake
What are you talking about! Naturally, the actors were recorded at a normal speed, and this is a no brainer. If everything was as simple as you describe here, it would have been corrected long ago, the game came out 3 months ago, not yesterday :). It’s just that some boss decided that it’s okay, or maybe there wasn’t enough money for such troubles. In any case, if they thought it was such a big problem, they would already be working on a solution. And they can't even fix the trophies in the incentive (they initially worked correctly) and the damn animation of the loaders (I understand that this is a trifle, but everyone can see it from the very first day of release).

W
Warsnake 09.01.22

Filis
This is not done simply and not quickly, as it sounds, because it is necessary to shovel all the dialogues in all dubbing, except for the English one. However, this is not a re-recording, which would be even more problematic ...