3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RedBlack23 14.01.22 10:09 pm

Jerking while playing at high frame rates... (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day! Not so long ago I updated my bucket, FRAPS in Velen gives out 50-60 FPS at high settings (fortunately, the monitor is small and my GTX 960 is enough for his eyes). Only often I notice not pleasant twitching during the game, as if a gap in frames. It's not nice to see how the game just flies, and at the same time, these twitches climb every few seconds. Who is familiar with such an ailment, how to deal with it? Smoothing turned off, vert. Synchronization turned on, did not help very much (((
36 Comments
Sort by:
t
trianon2014 14.01.22

RedBlack23 That's
right, urban.kalabanovich asked you, maybe it's a problem.
Look how busy it is.

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

urban.kalabanovich
Protsik, yes, rather weak) i3 - 3240.
With a lock of 30FPS, not a single twitch, eh, but that's not usual after 40-50 =)

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

urban.kalabanovich
And what are the separate programs for the FPS lock?

t
trianon2014 14.01.22

RedBlack23
Try to read somewhere that helps.
maximum performance mode preferred
Spoiler

t
trianon2014 14.01.22

RedBlack23
And what are the separate programs for the FPS lock?
msi afterburner
spoiler

u
urban.kalabanovich 14.01.22

RedBlack23
Well, for example Riva Tuner, is part of MSI Afterburner, in Google you can look how to use it, if there are troubles, write. Choose empirically, start with 40, more than 45, etc., in general, look for the most comfortable FPS

n
nominal 14.01.22

I didn’t read it, they wrote it or not, turn on adaptive sync in the nvidia settings, it should help

S
Shreps 14.01.22

Strange I have nothing, gtx 960 1080p although it was before patch 1.06

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

trianon2014
Vidyushka, by the way, to the point) My problem is that at the moments of twitching, the FPS jumps, from 60 to 40, this is where the diffcomfort comes from)) When I get home, I will try to do it as described in the video))
nominar
Unfortunately, this does not help either, but I understand the reason

t
trianon2014 14.01.22

RedBlack23
As an option, try to fool around with the drivers.
If the latter are standing, try to roll back, maybe it will help.

X
Xavier_29Th 14.01.22

I have it like this when vertical sync is disabled... of course, the fps is many times higher, but these twitchings spoil everything...

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

I solved the problem by locking the game at 45 FPS through RivaTuner. The lags and twitches stopped, everything became smooth and beautiful) Most likely it was a big jump in FPS from 60 to 40, due to a rather weak processor)
Thank you all for your advice, but one question remains unclear ... I will need to turn on RivaTuner every time when will i start the game? Or just adding a shortcut to the game is enough?

t
trianon2014 14.01.22

RedBlack23
Every time, you limit FPS through the program.
In RivaTuner, the function is start with windows, (start with Windows), if it's scrapped by hand.
Drawdowns of the card due to the process.
Spoiler
PS Change the name of the map in your profile.

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

trianon2014
Exactly, I haven’t changed my profile since last year) I plan to take the i5 in the future, well, I’ll probably update the monik) Thanks for the advice, very useful)

u
urban.kalabanovich 14.01.22

RedBlack23
Well, that's good, figured it out, it will help many, perhaps) Well, have a nice game

R
RedBlack23 14.01.22

urban.kalabanovich
Thank you, and also thanks for the advice) And all the best to you)