3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Svorngrir 14.01.22 10:09 pm

And again the commies are to blame for everything (Metro: Last Light)

I’ll say right away that I’ve only read the books Metro 2033 and 2034. Now I’m going through, and it seems that of all the factions, if you could choose like in Stalker, it would be better to “join the fascists”, because of all the factions they are engaged in to his "right thing", he is dressed somewhat amorphous, despite the fact that the main character is in it, and then "saves everyone and everything", and "commies" (it is not known how they survived not only a nuclear war, Yeltsinoid banned them anyway , and in our time there are one and a half people left in the party, the rest "by registration") are the root of evil, a continuous firing squad and shameless traitors. Or the author simply did not want to perpetuate "pedRo" and other non-parties.?) Although, in my opinion, Zhirik would definitely not just disappear and continue to litter everyone even after an hour X
66 Comments
Sort by:
E
Elf0m3n1ack 14.01.22

Olly-alpha
And after all, it's not even about dogs, but about representatives of their own species, innocent people who suffered for nothing. Including old people and children, i.e. the most harmless and helpless contingent.
Yeah, but this is thanks to Korbut, and not to those who cleaned it up.
I crawled there a lot in stealth and didn’t hear a single dialogue in the style of “What a pity, so many people died”, basically all the talk about what to profit from and “oh, how cool it burns”.
Live in a world where every day, if not the dead, then you see the process of killing. About "mockery" is already clearly described above.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

Olly-alpha
As soon as, at the very beginning of the chapter, you get out of the ventilation (before that you watch the execution scene)... one of those shot is still alive for some time... come, listen to his dying monologue...

Vadiman26
Quite reasonably ... many (if not all) "cleansers" were quite sure that they were doing a good deed, because propaganda ...

T
The_Bulldozer 14.01.22

2 Olly-alpha

<<Unlike you, I do not allow myself to get personal in a dialogue that can be resolved peacefully.
--You're just poking a stranger.
Very disrespectful.

<<Who's got an ego problem here? I already said - I don’t want to continue the “conversation” with you, I don’t want to answer questions asked in a similar tone, either.
--This:
<<Everyone had fun and figured out what to steal.
--That's just honest - how many corpses did you personally rob (cartridges, filters, etc.) for this part ?! Breathless or not - that's about ?!
What is the problem ?! Is it such a difficult question?! I do not demand to name 100% of all, at least approximately - a part, a third, all?!

<<This is not an ego, this is a banal self-respect inherent in most adequate people.
- This is banal hypocrisy, nothing more - "I see a speck in someone else's eye, I don't notice a log in my own" (c)
I shake hands.

<<I advise you to develop this feeling.
--I advise you to learn the rules of decency, and not to poke everyone you meet.

<<But I consider criminals those who were entertained by what was happening, who laughed at a man who was burned alive, for whom these bastards even spared a bullet.
--Indeed, in a world where bullets are used as money and resources are strictly limited - why not spend a couple or two.

<<Here's what I see in the game, it's not the actions of people, but... um... feces.
--What freaks, dared to save a valuable resource (bullets) for enemies (long list) and dared not go crazy. In general, how is it, where is the UN looking?!

<< I crawled there a lot in stealth and didn’t hear a single dialogue in the style of “What a pity, so many people died”, basically all the talk about how to profit and “oh, how cool it burns”.
--They had to weep, repent, and write philosophical epics about an unjust world. . .

<< the fact that there was no order, for example, to isolate the station and keep all the sick inside it
--How to isolate?! Where to isolate? What measures to take?! What if Hansa comes? And if the locals, out of desperation, organize a zerg rush and as a result there will be a pile of corpses ?! What if the virus is extremely resistant (and in closed spaces it is even more relevant) in the environment?! What if he's in the water? And suddenly with water it will be washed into the tunnels?! What if bandits and marauders come and arrange a Zerg-rush (it’s problematic to block from all ends) and pick up infected loot?!
But yes - a good idea, though the timing is limited. . .

<<Then I just give up, apparently, something is wrong with my Russian.
--More unpoliteness and common humanity, even contrary to common sense.
Z.Y. Can you answer a simple question about robbed bodies ?!
No, the skeletons of 10 years ago can not be counted.

T
The_Bulldozer 14.01.22

2 Tiny Killer

<<Quite rightly... many (if not all) "cleansers" were quite sure that they were doing a good deed, because propaganda...
-What does propaganda have to do with it?!
The detachment was faced with the task of stopping the infection of God knows what. At the same time, the resource base is such and such. The detachment completed its task, based on the availability of resources.
All sorts of nonsense, such as "how can Ani Muggles joke at such and such an hour" is nothing more than cheap speculation. Once again, it was the most common defense. Someone wakes up humor, someone has philosophical urges, someone has hysterical laughter in general, the brain "unloads" in different ways. But yes - what freaks, it would be better if their conscience sawed out or became schizos.

O
Olly-alpha 14.01.22

Vadiman26
Who described above? If the Bulldozer, then I mostly skip his messages, if you or the Killer, then sorry, I didn’t notice. Can you repeat?
I'll say it again. Yes, they believed they were doing a good deed. At least some of them at least thought about it. Which is not proven, but possible.
But this in no way cancels what I wrote above, and in no way shakes my position in this discreet intelligent dispute.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

The_Bulldozer
In your post, you once listed almost all variations of the "victim of propaganda" excuse... because you yourself were subjected to it))) Either you played inattentively, or you are so sympathetic to the communists (in this case, the gaming faction) that you are ready to close eyes on the facts ...
After all, no one from the detachment of cleaners knew that this strain was brought to October by the communists themselves ... and even more so because it itself, in a couple of days, will come to naught and some of those "cleansed" by them may survive without posing a threat anymore ...
But their leader Korbut knew about this ... all of a sudden.

PS. by the way, IMHO, there is also an Easter egg here, in a way: Korbut-Lenin ... he, too, in one of the quotes, said that he was ready to sacrifice 80% of the population for the sake of building communism ...

T
The_Bulldozer 14.01.22

2 Tiny Killer

<<In your post, you once listed almost all variations of the justification of the "victim of propaganda"
--???
Your knowledge of human psychology is deplorable. . . don't believe?! There are a lot of military diaries on the net - from Korea to Africa. Are they the same so-called. propaganda?!

<<) Either you played inattentively, or you are so sympathetic to the communists (in this case, the game faction) that you are ready to close your eyes to the facts ...
--???
The plot of this creation is so miserable that it is difficult to empathize with someone at all. The whole game I expected that now Captain Price with a dog would come out from around the corner, we would sit on a Chinook and fly to kill zloy russke Nikolay, drink vodka and play balalaika, moreover, I went out a couple of times and checked whether I was launching the Meter shortcut.

<<After all, no one from the detachment of cleaners knew that this strain was brought to October by the communists themselves ... and even more so since it itself, in a couple of days, will come to naught and someone of those "cleansed" by them will probably survive, no longer posing a threat ...
-Ah, that is, "possibly" ?! Nothing that Lesnitsky himself did not know what kind of garbage he dug up ?! Again - there were theories about the action of WMD, no one knew for sure about its characteristics (yes, all of a sudden).
The question arises - and ?! The station is almost destroyed, it will be quietly enslaved by the Hansa or robbed by marauders. Will wait ?! And if the effect does not live up to expectations, and this WMD turns out to be cooler than it was intended?!

<<But their leader Korbut knew about it... all of a sudden.
--And he says like this, "Poseons, I've put a type of experience on the neighbors, you're like this - wait a bit, oh."
???
I still don’t understand - where is the so-called. propaganda?! The Posons came - the Posons did their job. In any army in the world, this is the order. Or did the rank and file possess telepathy and just today did not decide to use it ?!
Can I give a link to the term "propaganda"?!

<< PS. By the way, IMHO, there is also an Easter egg here, in a way: Korbut-Lenin ... he, too, in one of the quotes, said that he was ready to sacrifice 80% of the population for the sake of building communism.
--Lol, which one of us is now a victim of propaganda?! I will reveal a secret - this is what Trotsky said. And this idea of ​​his did not receive much support, and it was merged.
PS I look, the young lady above did not deign to answer my simple question. Is there really something to hide?! Apparently, "universal values" are applicable only when and to that - when it is beneficial to the bearer of values, and in other cases so - a corpse more, a corpse less - "Principles?! Principles work for me" . Apparently, indeed, maternal instinct and logic are incompatible. . . although I bet on the usual hypocrisy.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

The_Bulldozer
The plot of this creation is so miserable that it's hard to empathize with anyone at all.
After this statement, I don’t see any reason to continue the argument, because, judging by your words, you went through the game somehow (I won’t be surprised if you didn’t go through it at all) ...
I’m interested in visiting the forum of a game that you didn’t like at all ... and it’s still alive to participate in discussions like that ...
Yes, "you" are trololo along the way, sir)))

T
The_Bulldozer 14.01.22

2 Tiny Killer

<<After this statement, I see no reason to continue the argument, because, judging by your words, you passed the game somehow -
No, I had to empathize with the cardboard characters, and enjoy the stereotyped dull plot.

<<(I won't be surprised if I didn't pass it at all)...
--Oh, conspiracy theory.
Are you a fan of Code for an hour?!

<<I'm wondering - nah go to the forum of a game that you didn't like... and still participate in discussions like that...
-To the gameplay, graphite and sound without pretensions - 7.0/10, for the plot - 3.0/10 . A sadder and more pitiful sight was only in the mentioned Code, but even there people tried, squeezed out.

<< Yes, "you" are trololo along the way, sir)))
--Well, yes, if someone does not agree with your opinion on this "masterpiece", then he is a trawl, it's obvious.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

The_Bulldozer
Well, yes, if someone does not agree with your opinion on this "masterpiece", then he is a trawl, it's obvious.
Yes, the fact of the matter, dear, is that I have never yet expressed my opinion about the game as a whole (here, in general, initially, another topic was touched upon in the topic) ... only you are pushing your opinion here
... because there is a separate topic, a la "your opinion" ...
If you want to go to the game, go straight there ... any questions?

PS. "you", "your" you write with a small letter (this is a lot), if you spit out a certain person, you need a big one ...
unsuccessfully ... no - illiterately mowed down like a thin one)))

R
Raudona syndromes 14.01.22

A herd of sheep goes on about one leader.

Therefore, the best grouping is the Hansa. "Live yourself and let live" is the motto of these people. While people in other factions are dying for illusory ideals, these guys are quietly making money and not living badly, by the standards of the metro.

T
The_Bulldozer 14.01.22

2 Tiny Killer

<<Yes, that's just the point, dear, that I have never yet expressed my opinion about the game as a whole (here, in general, initially, another topic was raised in the topic)
- Which directly relates to the plot.
Truly suddenly, or is the plot the last thing for you?! Oh lol, you are a fan of Code.

<< you're the only one pushing your opinion here
--Another poke lover?! Poke yourself please, this time.
Second - I just spoke about the plot in the last 2 comments, all of a sudden. Prior to this, I tried to get burning answers from Madame above.
But yes, I am giving my opinion. . . especially:
<<judging by your words, you passed the game somehow (I won’t be surprised if you didn’t pass it at all) ...
So either prove that Vanga and read thoughts from a distance, or apologize for the slander. For I can also assume that you are ready to eat everything that the developer throws, if only "puff-puff", and if there is graphite and "puff-puff" at the same time, then this is a masterpiece, and criticizing it is heresy.

<<... because there is a separate topic for this, a la "your opinion"...
If you want to go to the game, go straight there... any questions?
--???
Come on, you won't tell me what to do, okay?!
I'm waiting for an answer, what kind of so-called. I am subject to "propaganda", because this attempt to label me and accuse me of trolling looks like a miserable concealment of a file.
Can help you?! Give a link to the definition of the word "propaganda"?! Or are you like the young lady above - blurted out for "

<< PS. "you", "your" you write with a small letter (this is a lot), if you spit a certain person, you need a big one ...
<< unsuccessfully ... no - illiterately squinted like a thin))
) they will hide your punctures, yeah.
Z.Y. Fanboyism, it is, can you try to think impartially?! Or is it too hard?! Can you practice on the code ?!

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

The_Bulldozer
_

r
roninas 14.01.22

Sorry to break into your highly intellectual dispute, but on the topic .. In any case, they made terrible monsters out of the communists, the Reich just smokes on the sidelines, here, no matter the character, it’s a little skurat. According to the game, saving from the virus is just an excuse to capture everything metro, Korbut clearly stated the goal - in the metro only they and everyone, no one else. So the October trial balloon, it was not for nothing that they sought to capture D6 with its stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, and all the arguments about the humanity or inhumanity of the liquidators, in general, are worthless. Let's not confuse the goals - it's one thing to save from the virus, another, under the same pretext, is the seizure of territory. So they acted, well, like the Sonderkommandos of all times and all wars, total destruction. For quarantine, you can stupidly close the station and that's it. In general, in fact, communism is presented as more terrible than Nazism,why would all this be? I’m not just a supporter of communism. although I was born in the USSR, but here it’s above common sense, in my opinion

O
Olly-alpha 14.01.22

roninas
Here the essence of the discussion is somewhat different. Some of the players claim that the same liquidators on Oktyabrskaya are nyasha, because they simply followed orders and did not know anything about any virus. But I'm saying that you can follow orders in different ways, and sometimes turn on the brain when they are executed - this has never harmed anyone.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

Olly-alpha
The point is not in this, but in ideology and organization. The fact is that it is allowed (in the modern world) to challenge the orders of the command only in (attention) the Israeli army, except in cases of military operations ...
While we were crawling through the ventilation in the red area, we were given the opportunity to determine who was aware of the details of this missions (very limited contingent)...i.e. (I give my hand to cut off ... or five points in the rating) ordinary liquidators of the concept (despite all the cynicism and inhumanity of the operation) did not have that it was the fault of their own faction ...

Olly-alpha But I say that you can follow orders in different ways, and sometimes turning on the brain when doing them - this has never hurt anyone.
It’s not worth it ... After all, you never served in a real army ... not following an order is fraught with ...

C
Cvoxalury 14.01.22

It's not worth it ... You've never served in a real army ... not following an order is fraught ...

Communists can think when they want. Example:

- Go on patrol. Ivan, stop. Did you burn the rats? I ordered without talking.
— Burn?! Comrade Colonel, well, we are not fascists, burn people alive! A bullet in the back of the head is still all right ...

So the actions of the cremators team showed only their personal qualities, and the example given at the beginning of the topic with a dog summarizes the situation 100%.

O
Olly-alpha 14.01.22

Tiny Killer
Do we have a real army there? In my opinion, a mess, anarchy and some kind of circus, vaguely reminiscent of a state system. Very local.
Yes, and what Cvoxalury said is also here. When they want, they can turn on the brain and even challenge the orders of the command.

T
Tiny Killer 14.01.22

Cvoxalury
I remember this dialogue... fortunately I listened to it to the end - rats meant rats, literally... this is the irony, specially included by the game developers.
And already on Oktyabrskaya we see its cynical meaning.

Olly-alpha
The fact is that I served in the SA ... and not in some kind of fuel oil, but in the unit where the statute reigned ... that's how I was unlucky)))
Dispute the order (with a possible refusal to fulfill it. .. without disciplinary consequences) and just commenting (in the hope that the commander will change him ... but if he doesn’t change, you still have to do it, because it smells like a tribunal) - these are completely different things ...

E
En3my 14.01.22

Tiny Killer

>> fuel oil,

lolshto? is it related?