3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FixFlow 19.01.22 10:02 pm

Error \"Not enough available memory\" Throws during game play. (God of War (2018))

Guys, help with the problem... during the game sometimes throws out with the error not enough available memory... steam license. For 5 hours of the game, I threw it out 2 times, but it's still not pleasant to constantly restart the computer.
I7-7700
gtx 1080
16 gb
69 Comments
Sort by:
r
redfox2013 19.01.22

there is not enough memory (although it is strange judging by the hardware), try lowering the settings

J
Joker19gl 19.01.22

I have the same thing, by the way, the hardware is similar, the processor is the same. In general, it seems to me that 16 GB of RAM is not enough for the game, you need to put a swap file

N
Nikita Drozdov 19.01.22

FixFlow
And what settings?

N
Nikita Drozdov 19.01.22

redfox2013
There are no such games where 16 RAM is not enough although who knows

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

It seems that 16 oz should be enough and the memory on the video card is not completely unscrewed ... it throws it out. I read that you need to turn off the integrated graphics on the CPU, but I do not have one.

N
Nikita Drozdov 19.01.22

FixFlow
You don't have integrated graphics on your cpu?

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

Nikita Drozdov
Integrated graphics core
HD Graphics 630, 1150 MHz, but h.z. I didn't find it in device manager

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

Nikita Drozdov
here is what the Americans write LOL me trying to run this game on a 24G 3090..."Not Enough Memory Available" DA FUUUCK???
Yeah disabling the iGPU fixed it!

N
Nikita Drozdov 19.01.22

FixFlow
Do you have a display adapters tab in device manager?

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

Well, I don’t know, I changed the GPU in the Geforce settings Rendering OpenGL from auto-select to video .... I rebooted steam and the computer, tomorrow I’ll try to see if anything changes

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

Nikita Drozdov
is there, there are only 1080

N
Nikita Drozdov 19.01.22

FixFlow
And how so, like the built-in kernel should be there

J
Joker19gl 19.01.22

FixFlow
I tried, didn't help.

D
DreamMakerX 19.01.22

Even with 16 GB of RAM and even with 32, put a swap file, many games require it, put 8-10 gigs and it will be normal, and most likely this will solve the problem in God of War.

s
slipnot6 19.01.22

DreamMakerX
won't solve it. It won’t crash with the swap file, but other problems appear:
RTX 3080, ryzen 16-thread, I don’t remember exactly which one (I’m not very good at AMD technology), RAM 16 gig ddr4 at 4000mhz - after the game devours all the RAM after a couple hours of play, begins to shamelessly lag when loading locations and in cutscenes due to the fact that it uses the paging file from the hard disk, which is many times slower than RAM. Play becomes so-so, to be honest. Hike some kind of memory leak, we must wait for patches.

F
FixFlow 19.01.22

Slipnot6
well, I have an ssd, but I always thought that ssd only affects the speed of loading ... I didn’t think that there would be some kind of garbage with a lack of memory ... really some kind of garbage, hope for a patch

J
Joker19gl 19.01.22

Steam released a new hotfix Experimental Branch – Test Fix for Out of Memory Errors 2 hours ago, try

s
shadow-leha 19.01.22

Joker1917
Nothing has changed, just knocks out. + in the description it is written that they did for the 12th generation intel patch, since almost all the reviews were from intel owners. I have a ryzen 5800x and nothing has changed.

b
brock samson 19.01.22

with Mem Reduct enabled and displayed on the second monitor, I found out that the game stupidly clogs virtual memory by 100% (32GB) and then closes) so yes, you need a hotfix
while the physical (RAM) is only 24% full (16GB)

E
Erontlop 19.01.22

Nikita Drozdov
ark where 64 survives