3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
headluck 19.01.22 10:18 pm

Game Expectations (Alan Wake 2)

I would like to know your opinion about the possible continuation of Alan .... Who will say what about this?

For example, I don’t see Alan’s continuation, it seems to me that the story has already been told ... It will be very sad if Remedy develops in the second part (if it is of course) the ideas embodied in the dialsi .... IMHO wandering through a distorted reality is not the best option ....If only the developers can surprise us with something.
It seems to me that in this case it would be reasonable to do something like a prequel, although I personally do not like it when they do it .... But there is good ground for this! Namely, the six-episode mini-series "Bright Falls: A Prequel to Alan Wake", which left more questions than answers, even for those who have already passed Alan. It is only necessary to develop the ideas laid down very well ... pay very much attention to Bright Falls itself and its individual inhabitants ... it would be nice to diversify the gameplay (but within reasonable limits and for GTA, of course, do not mow). I even came up with the name "Welcome to Bright Falls".

Who has what wishes? Ideas? Thoughts on a possible sequel to this great game?
29 Comments
Sort by:
w
wilder tier 19.01.22

For example, I don’t see the continuation of Alan, it seems to me that the story has already been told.
Sorry, but following your logic, you can say this (for example) -What for did Devil may cry 2? 3? 4? After all, the story in the first part has already been told! develop the plot further. then I will not be lazy and buy a prefix!

h
headluck 19.01.22

Well, it seems to me that the example with Devil may cry is not very successful .... in this slasher, the plot is for show .... Here it’s a completely different matter. Although ... sometimes you need to be able to leave beautifully or put a bullet ....
And what for do sequels? You can do it at least for the sake of getting money for it ... But what the product will be is another matter .... that is. its quality....I doubt Alan's possible sequel will be good...why? I already wrote about it above.

w
wilder tier 19.01.22

Headluck, yes, maybe the DMC example was unfortunate but still. As a rule, if the game sold well and was well received by critics, then it makes sense to make a sequel for it. Alan It sold quite well (if I'm not mistaken, one or two million copies. Moreover, the game "paid for itself within 48 hours after its release on Steam"). Personally, I think that it is worth making a sequel for the game. exclusive (well, let's say, the game was not released on PS3, but released for other platforms) and they will wait for the continuation. I think the chroniclers from Remedy will come up with a plot, no worse than in the first part

h
headluck 19.01.22

Yes, I just want a continuation .... but I don’t see it, what can I continue there? What to develop? That's what it's about.

S
Shephard [USSR] 19.01.22

I think the story has already been told.
Nobody expected the second part of Max Payne, it seemed that the first part had already told everything? No, the developers caught on at a certain moment and continued the series. The same can be said about Alan. Find a reason to continue.

w
wilder tier 19.01.22

Sperhard[USSR], you're talking about
Headluck, well, Remedy can make, for example, a continuation of the game, but only for a different character. Although, probably, little will come of this.

F
FC Shakhtar Donetsk 19.01.22

I really want a sequel. But play only for Alan, period.

h
headluck 19.01.22

Shephard [USSR]
so what's the second part of Payne? so good? As you don’t understand, a sequel is always difficult, because it needs to be no worse than the original ... and in most cases, sequels come out weak .... Very rarely sequels are better than the original ....

WilderTier
but only for a different character. Although, probably from this is not enough that will come out.
So I guess so ....

Although all these assumptions are, of course, nonsense .... so that it is not for us to decide!

g
get away_[667] 19.01.22

Wandering through a distorted reality can be very cool to implement. In addition, Alan's double is in reality at this time and impersonates us. In total, you can make a very interesting plot. In any case, I'm really looking forward to Alan Wake 2, such amazing soulful games are very rare!

S
Shephard [USSR] 19.01.22

Headluck, you misunderstood. It was not about the quality of the second part, it was about the continuation of the series, which after the end of the first part no one expected and thought, did not think. Understand? And the Max Payne series, I gave as an example, which was released from the same company.

h
headluck 19.01.22

get away_[667]
Yes, it's possible with the "script" (Alan's doppelgänger) something might have happened....we'll see. The authors will surely remember him.

Shephard [USSR]
Understood....but in our case, we kind of expect....to continue.

I
Infiltrator 19.01.22

Continuation yes, only for this they can already be busy with laziness.

D
Denis_odessa 19.01.22

No, they can only ruin everything, as they did with 99% of the series of games that were REALLY interesting. Now we have mostly slag.

w
wilder tier 19.01.22

Headluck, yes, I know it's not for us to decide, but the topic was just created to express our assumptions about the continuation.
get away_[667] ,yes, Alan's doppelgänger can to some extent participate in the 2nd part, and the developers can get hooked on it
. Without A Name, why not? The game sold well and many liked it, so you shouldn't be lazy!
Denis_odessa, well, you're right to some extent

S
Shephard [USSR] 19.01.22

Denis_odessa, but this happens only with some conveyors. For example, a whole bunch of EA and Activision in particular. And for any small companies, such as Remedy, Valve and others, this cannot work out in any way. For, for them, the main quality and further partnerships.

Headluck, in our case, this is exactly what we are waiting for. But Payne, I gave as an example.

I
Infiltrator 19.01.22

Because on the success of the first part, the second sometimes turns out to be worse, and the developers begin to be lazy with a good start behind them.

h
headluck 19.01.22

I really don’t want, if, nevertheless, Alan 2 will be, to experience a feeling of disappointment, such as from Mafia 2!

V
Vavila163 19.01.22

What are you people? What the hell story is told, why haven't you played DLS? And so it is clear that they will develop and need to, Alan is in the lake and he is trying to get out so that there is a happy ending. The American Nightmare did a good job of covering all of this, I think we should just finish everything in the second part

h
headluck 19.01.22

Vavila163

What are you people? What the hell story is told, why haven't you played DLS?

We played...we played....and I think that if the second part is the same...it will be a minus for the game....And the happy ending is not obligatory here at all....it almost took place anyway.

I
Infiltrator 19.01.22

A happy ending is not needed, a tragedy is also good.