3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Infiltrator 25.01.22 09:46 pm

Wishes and ideas for continuation: - TimeShift 2 (TimeShift)

I agree the game is cool, it would be worth making a sequel.
38 Comments
Sort by:
a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Alas, people did not check out the chip
and the hands of the creators smoothly dropped ...

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

It’s a pity when a normal project turns out, often this is the situation. Although in the current conditions the sequel could not turn out very well because of the tastes of schoolchildren who give the graphon.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Without A Name
Yes, in the Shift of the graph, many of today's games will be buried, of course, this does not apply to everything that is in the world around TimeShift, it's just that the picture itself is far from dull, it's the detailing and contrast drawing that pleases,
as my favorite example I usually give such a weighty argument like rusty pipes :)
pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru

I don’t insist that this is a standard or something, but similar contrasting goodies flashed before my eyes except in Metro 2033, well .... let’s say, in a slightly cooler version :), but the idea is the same .. .)

http://i.playground.ru/i/32/67/54/00/pix/image.jpg
http://i.playground.ru/i/42/67/54/00/pix/image .jpg
pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru

I mean, Saber Interactive, taking into account what they showed in TimeShift, could have turned out to be an equally interesting game now - a continuation of the story, in the genre of "corridor shooter with elements of going out into nature", because Time Shift has something in common with Half-Life, Exodus from Earth, Homefront, Singularity, Metro 2033, although some are slightly far-fetched, the common thing in these games is that there is some kind of movement with adventures towards some distant goal.
In terms of graphics tightening, a game of this level, as it came out in 2007. it may take quite a bit, to correct some polygons, improve the sky with some water, incl. if you adjust the subject detailing to the level of the Metro, it will generally be sweet.
True, there are such moments as the script of the story and elements of the battle. With time management chips and solving a la half-life puzzles - in the same vein, everything can continue further, but how to win with plot and action, make an unmistakable bet with a hit on the bull's-eye ...
When shkolota and "veterans" would only they could say when they saw the first promo videos - Wow .....
Maybe now just shooting predictable bots will not work anymore and something more will be needed in the behavior and tactics of the enemy, in twisting the plot. albeit an interesting shooter, it will not be possible in our time, because in 2007. he was erroneously considered just that, although Time Shift was clearly a representative of a different breed.
Moods of the crowd are changeable like the whims of a whore, but it is the crowd that pulls their fingers down or up, and the critics who put prejudiced stigmas sometimes are not much better.

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

Well, I agree well described. Here's a tweak to add a little more effects, explosions. Adding puzzles would be nice, but then again, who will start whining that the game is yi because of the fact that you need to turn on the brain? The game takes place in the future, so you can add new equipment, improve the suit now, it would look interesting. Well, one of the chips is the slowdown in time, which could also be presented in a new way.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

The puzzles in the game are made just lick your fingers, gameplay yummy))). I would like more, many and different ISHTCHO !!! No ... well, without them, it’s somehow not right, it’s not half-life already.
Slowmo (Slowmo)
Slowmo - Slowmo (short for slow motion - slow motion) is a style that you can see by using the magic button - it's still the same imitation of slow motion video or film. Without such a chip, the game is not a game, that's for sure :)
There you would know, you could still do it like in Codes - Modernwarfare 1-2 and BlackUps, where the deceleration speeds prescribed in the config are, for example, bind F6 "timescale 0.5" and bind F7 "timescale 0.25".
In TimeShift, it would be possible to implement exactly the scheme of choosing two speeds, for a more spectacular a la Hollywood. You correctly noticed "slowdown .... could be presented in a new form", if in TimeShift 2007. it was quite peppy and accelerated, almost fussy, one might even say (approximately like with "timescale 0.5"), then in a new form it would not hurt to make it - by adding the fourth function - slowed down, as in slow motion, that is, equal to "timescale 0.25", when everything that happens really begins to look like Hollywood and allows you to fully enjoy all the
charm of the chaos that is happening around, without missing the details, many of which, with a slight slowdown, were simply not realized and remained out of sight. That is, a significant part of the "show" passed by.
But the natural desire is just to get from the game all 100% of the potential available in it.
In TimeShift, as you know, there are three golden functions that allow you to conduct the entire process (for me, they are so small in time, the trainer that removes the time limit has become a salvation)
1).Slow down time
2).Stop time
3).Time inversion
The very idea of ​​combining three types of time management in one game is simply brilliant, and this, by the way, was also underestimated and absolutely unreasonably called unoriginal. The only thing I would like to improve is the degree of slowdown. Either with the addition of the fourth - slow motion, or slow down the function itself "1). Time slowdown". But here you need to understand that then the possibility of slowing down in a more vigorous mode will be lost, when in some situations it is necessary to slow down the speed of a normal game, or the "default speed", but not to the slow slow 0.25.
Probably, it would not hurt to divide the time dilation function into two types of speeds, ideally it would turn out incredibly cool, given the experience of similar use of two speeds on the example of the same Code :) (in the video, the speed is 0.25, but 0.5 also drives,
http://i.playground.ru/i/45/30/36/00/pix/image.jpg
pix.playground.ru

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Without A Name
About new equipment and weapons, most likely, they would not have forgotten either, but even without that they were already implemented within the framework of retro-futurism not bad. At the expense of improving the costume, the question is interesting. On the one hand, I would not like the game to lose its individuality and take over the chips of some kind of Crysis, but to add more advanced time management modes, the same slowdown speeds of the two types, this could already give a lot for the gameplay. For example, I don’t know if such functions as amplification or invisibility are needed, what else can be offered to expand the costume menu?). Basically, the main thing is interesting locations and a combat system, alternating with puzzles and a twisted plot.

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

I agree your ideas are interesting! The slow motion function could bring interest to the game and thus the game would become more widespread among the masses. Particularly interesting and ingenious seemed to me Time Inversion and the moments created for its application for several minutes I could not understand how to use it at all, as I was used to the classic slowdown with Fear. By the way, what do you think about slowing down with Fear?
Well, yes, technically improve the world, I think the developers themselves would understand what would give the game another trump card.
I would also not want the suit to take on functions like in Crysis, but still one function like the one like "Maximum Strength" (with Crysis) would be very suitable for the gameplay (imagine hitting an enemy on the run and the classic departure of that by a few meters) in my opinion just right. The rest, like speed, invisibility, would immediately evoke a reminder of Crysis and, in my opinion, would be superfluous. Well, the storyline. great smashed "Magistrate" (sort of like that) having a fantasy, you can come up with a sequel.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

:)) I still haven’t smoked everything with inversion, the chip is still the same, and something tells me that it was ahead of its time. with an abstract thinker at odds :). There, for a warm-up, I remember there was a theme to drive water back into the drainpipes, or I remembered the train on the bridge when you pass the floor of the bridge and suddenly it flies out towards you, and you back it - bam! There are so many moments, and it's interesting to get to the bottom of everything...
Then, we forgot to mention such an important point as freedom in choosing the place and time of saving in TimeShift, + good old quick save / load.
Now, after all, all these "modernizers-optimizers" have deprived such joy by stupidly checkpointing games in which the very idea of ​​​​the right to choose places and favorite fragments should and was initially up to the player. And not for his uncle, who suddenly decided everything for him and directed everything at his own subjective discretion. By the way, you remembered FEAR, who dug their bangs, when in the first original one you could do things with the ability to save. And replay your favorite "Massacre at the Elevators" and other delicious moments named after their own.
Now, what do I think about the slowdown in FEAR? Yes, I don’t know. This is a signature feature of the series, when I saw it in the first, I immediately realized that the authors hit the bull's-eye. It was just incredibly cool - but not enough :) Personally, I always don’t have enough time for its action , somehow the desire to continue the enchanting bacchanalia did not recede, but the limit, the limit ... Therefore, FEAR 3 decided to squeeze at least something out of the scary man for good, from a black sheep and a tuft of wool - I cut in the Slowmo-unlimited trainer and forgot about the shortcomings for a while.
I don’t know about anyone, but in terms of the FEAR series, I have some slowmo incl. such notes:
In the first FEAR and its add-ons, everything was cool until the "school-modernizers" got down to business - who decided to present FEAR 2: Project Origin in a new form.
What they did: The screen image was narrowed down to a "letter box", the view through the glasses of PPC glasses and completely killed the whole Slowmo feature when they made blue illuminated Christmas toys out of enemies in this mode. So that the shkololo could see where to shoot, or something else, he didn’t drive in, but in FEAR 3 this insanity was quietly removed. But, again, BUT: Slowmo, in a FEAR 3 Ugraph slapped to the plinth, looks like a Ferrari, splashing mud in the backyards of a collective farm. Here, the enemies are not highlighted, but there is a condition, you need to be blatantly unpretentious and not notice the miserable hack-work that breaks down at every step. What kind of slow-mo is here, in such an environment :))) The meaning of slowing down here is just rolled up in full g...

I read or heard somewhere that there was a characteristic of the mode in TimeShift, with its, as it were, a la Nazi aesthetics. In terms of external aesthetics, a good move, the designers tried to create a certain image and imperial style, they especially liked the elements of various decorations, take the same stylized benches and an ornament with a rune of the sun, in a gear circle, unambiguously associated with the organization of the times of the III Reich - the German Workers' Front. There, after all, according to the plot of the game, the villain organized the victory of the Reich and redrawn history.
I also like the stories about the opposition of the GG to some powerful corporation with imperial ambitions, or to the totalitarian system, where the GG has only support in the form of a few underground and resistance to the authorities.
There's a lot more to be said for this topic, if done right. Even the first game to continue as if the mission was completed, but suddenly unexpected circumstances intervened and as a result of betrayal .... etc. etc.)

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

Well, yes, inversion helps in such cases, the moments with it are really interesting. I agree the freedom of choice and saving anywhere is a necessary thing.
In 1 FEAR (and its additions), yes, cool battles, excellent appearance of opponents, not bad AI, normal voices and everything in slowdown is just beauty.
The problem with FEAR 2: Project Origin is that it's very different. Fans didn't like that the game had such changes. Much of what you described corresponds to this. Well, the simplicity of the game is really easy, but nevertheless interesting in places. You say in the third part it’s full of g ... so it’s not surprising that after passing, Fetella is opened to us, and for him it’s fun, easy and not any slowdown.
Yes, I, too, once read something similar about the similarity with the Reich. Well, I agree the plot is also cool, I like it.
Well, here's another thing if someone would like to create a sequel, would it not turn out like a turning point in the FEAR -FEAR 2: Project Origin series, I don’t have to go bad or with flaws, but completely new.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Oh yes ... The extravaganza of fights FEAR and two addons is a real masterpiece, and the sounds themselves, do you remember those delicious sounds of falling bodies, that Russian. voice acting, which was made extremely worthy and fit into the surroundings.
On November 6, 2007, the "platinum edition" was released, which consisted of two discs of the "gold edition" and the Perseus Mandate add-on.
FEAR First Encounter Assault Recon - The Complete Trilogy (Platinum Collection)
2005 FEAR (developer: Monolith Productions)
2006 FEAR Extraction Point (developer: TimeGate Studios) FEAR addon
2007 FEAR Perseus Mandate (developer: TimeGate Studios) FEAR addon
- ----------------------------
2005 Condemned: Criminal Origins (developer: Monolith Productions) (sin not to mention her)
*********************************** ********* A
possible continuation of the TimeShift story should not deviate from the basic principles of the original and repeat the fate of Project Origin. Many developers consider it their duty to often turn things upside down and are afraid to use the previous moves, when in reality the continuation of the story requires nothing more than to continue the already successfully started once. Why not just give those who really appreciated their first creation a chance to just see the refurbished environments and locations, with carefully preserved, proven traditional features.
I don't mean that there should be stagnation and repetition, but traditions should be maintained more substantially and not be overly revolutionary and shocking. Or inappropriate.
As I said, some kind of special graphical upgrade for TimeShift, in my humble opinion, is not a priori necessary. It is enough just to continue the story, with minor updates, but only without the invention of the bicycle.
The potential of the three time management functions has not been revealed, and probably any person with the slightest imagination will agree with this without difficulty, and with the fact that these are not outdated chips either.
In terms of the development of the plot, I’ll think, by the way, too, if anything, I’ll write). It would not hurt to "revive" the main villain or something like that. Take a look at the description of the plot of the game, it will not hurt to refresh your memory)
--------------------------------------------------
At the expense of revive Kron (after a shot in the head) somehow not ... (Although real cases of survival are known to medicine, why not)
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/TimeShift - Revive the memory of the plot even more real, with the help of Wikipedia.
The magistrate is suffering heavy losses. Most of the Magistrate's machinery has been destroyed, but Kron's giant four-limbed apparatus still works and kills, albeit under constant missile attacks. While the resistance is distracting the Magistrate, the hero makes his way to the roof of one of the houses in the area and destroys the upper guns of the apparatus from it. During the fight, Kron announces over the loudspeaker that he knows that the hero is a person from the future, the same person who prevented him and forced him (Kron) to do all those actions. In the end, the hero and the resistance members manage to take out the last cannon of the Kron apparatus and destroy the apparatus itself. Wounded, Kron crawls out of the wreckage, but the hero blocks his path and shoots point blank in the head with a pistol, after which he takes a reverse transfer engine from his Alpha suit, says goodbye to a grateful Cook and takes a leap into the future. Arriving at the right time, the hero manages to defuse the bomb, but thereby creates a paradox (if there is no explosion, the hero will not jump into the past and will not jump into the future and will not defuse the bomb), which is reported to him by the AI ​​of the suit, after which the computer moves the hero in time. This is where the game ends...
I think I need something to drink to understand the essence of the described paradox))) If I understood everything correctly, then it's rubbish anyway?

When you read the description of the plot of the game as if from a third person, you learn more fully the game. At least the description from Wikipedia, which I just read, refreshed my memory a little and helped me better understand what exactly happened there. Although this still needs to be digested and penetrated, I didn’t quite get a taste of the bomb explosion. The plot is of course hard, I understand why the developers were in some confusion about the reaction to their brilliant debut in the chosen shooter genre with an alternative interpretation of history.

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

By the way, the voice acting in FEAR is English.
Of course, leaving the external environment is good, but the ability to move the hero through time can give developers the opportunity to update the external world of the game.
Of course, a special graphical modernization is not mandatory, of course, I agree, but the current situation gives this a great opportunity, which can thereby turn the game into graphic drawing (like Battlefield 3, God forbid, a possible TimeShift 2 with such new twists)
As for time management, this has not been disclosed, but innovations can be added .
The ending of course in the game is confusing to the limit with a paradox and an ordinary shkolota will seem ugly. which gives a certain minus, but for those who appreciated the game, this is just right.
Well, the plot development plan, if you have ideas, write, then we'll think of something.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Russian by the way quite rolls. It’s just that there’s still such a moment here. I started to shoot in the FEAR series on faces, and somehow it immediately hit the stream. After that I had to take piracy - an anthology, there, too, with Russian. voice acting, otherwise the FEAR Extraction Point suddenly stopped running. Reinstallations did not help, in short, the hemorrhoid was muddy. I scored and took the anthology, which flew without question.

So far, there is no specifics about the plot, everything is vanity, there is not enough time for lyrical relaxation. It annoys me there how to get out of the situation. When at the end he creates a time paradox.

There is an idea that the plot may be enough for more than one game, if used as a scenario - the principle of moving to another era, to a more distant one.
For the second part, it would not hurt to develop a theme with an alternative history from the times of WW2, when the hero enters the occupied territories, and alone, and with the help of a few resistance, frustrates the Nazi plans to take over the whole world.) You can not make him (the hero) so cool , just a suit with temporary chips and modified trunks of that time. For example, with silencers and more modern in design.
Neither more nor less. Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

You can think of, for example, that he fell into a time where the Magistrate completely enslaved the world, there were no rebels left, nothing. People are turned into biomass controlled through chips, for example, having nothing in their heads but installations. Our Hero falls into an area that is not entirely controlled, as the Magistrate is confident in his power, and this allows the hero to adapt and understand what is happening a little in the world. Well, shortly after he arrives, the Magistrate discovers an energy surge in the area, which puts them on their guard, and they send out a team to check it out. Thus, at the same time, they receive information about the disappearance of several of their soldiers (this is our hero tried in the style of a hitman at the beginning of his arrival without knowing the situation) having found shelter (abandoned warehouse, workshop or something of that kind) The Hero decides to hide there and think about his actions ,
Haven't figured out more yet. But I can, for example, explain how they were able to calculate the Hero, he emitted an energy trace that they could detect on one of the super technical means of the Magistrate.
And the main goal of the hero definitely did not come up with the use of the Time Machine, which can be stored in the most terrible and secret bases of the Magistrate.
In general, the idea needs to be developed.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

The plot of the original game was intended to be exciting. Most importantly, a solution was found, thanks to which, according to the plot of the game, information fell into the hands of the resistance and the GG, which made it possible to arrange various missions to sabotage and infiltrate objects. What was required for the basis of a strong shooter.
"Aiding the resistance, the hero demonstrates to them his ability to control time, penetrates the main server room of the Magistrate and copies all the information of the Magistrate that he can find on the network .... Now, having all the plans, maps and information of the Magistrate, the resistance attacks various secret objects of the Magistrate..."
---------------
If we assume that in the new version of the plot the GG will not have support at all, it is probably necessary to create conditions for information about the location of secret objects, bases, etc. to fall into his hands. places of the Magistrate.
On the gradual penetration of objects, you can build the main plot line. But in such a way that everything develops gradually and the intrigue is preserved. That is: Everything in order, the penetration of each new object would give the key to the ability to move further, gradually from less significant bases to penetrate more significant objects.
For example, one of the missions could be aimed precisely at infiltrating a factory for the production of chips that control people, in order to imperceptibly change their electronic night... In theory, this could be like an ordinary mission aimed, for example, at bringing to life several people to put together their own detachment to plan and carry out sabotage in the world, which would seem to have already been enslaved by the Magistrate.
Or one of the main goals of the game - towards the end, it will finally be possible to free people by making changes to the main server that controls the entire population, which sent signals and controls the chips in the heads of enslaved citizens. What is not the goal - to liberate a seemingly forever doomed civilization. In addition to the obligatory basic ones, such as kicking the ass of the main villain and taking levers and controls from the clutches of the oppressors.
And about the fact that + the main goal may be to get to the time machine "which can be stored in the most terrible and secret bases of the Magistrate." a good idea that does not interfere with anything else in the bargain and explains the purpose of the adventure.
It goes without saying that in any plot the main thing is not to give everything important at once and to keep the intrigue, gradually developing the action.

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

Well, yes, the idea of ​​u200bu200bgradual penetration in order is a good one. In order to bring a few people back to normal, they probably need to be selected in some way using the database and have the ability to be useful in the squad. Since it would not be reasonable to turn off anyone, especially if they are children or old people, they could be quickly destroyed.
To free the world, well, in my opinion, it could only be to cause a house, and facilitate its main goal. One could think that the Magistrate has a way in case of emergency when people are free to release coded information that would include a command to self-destruct the chips, thereby taking people with them.
But with the car, the question is that the Hero does not care about this world. His goal is to return to where he was. Moreover, the option of mass destruction of chips again confirms this.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

In our time, the game has just such a future along the way.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

But in a year like this in 2007, everything seemed so flourishing upward ... In the industry itself as such.

I
Infiltrator 25.01.22

Yes, it’s true, there aren’t any other projects that please, but just big doubts, otherwise they will release some kind of Battleshift and that’s it.

a
atmaROZ 25.01.22

Look, this topic is coming out in a similar cyberpunk stream ...
Syndicate (2012). Video
preview It will be necessary to swing for a warm-up, in general, I have no idea what kind of fruit it is, but my instinct tells me to bite.