3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VETER15 25.01.22 10:15 pm

Where is the gaming industry heading? PS2 games were made with soul

14 Comments
Sort by:
l
lil_aki2 21.08.22

I agree now the games are not the same for the sake of making money before call of duty was a top game syash scored on the plot they made shit multiplayer plot and sucked from the finger so that there were some new games normal like chernoblite gta 5 or rezedent evel 8

P
Pirat13666 21.08.22

Most modern games are made only for profit, and also to promote new pieces of iron, again for the purpose of profit.

H
Hanzo666 21.08.22

Where is the gaming industry headed? Here on the Commodore 64 games were made with soul ....

P
Protocol10 21.08.22

On the question of games with a soul. The indisputable fact is that in spiritual and moral terms, the path of mankind is a movement from better to worse, that is, even though they are constantly trying to rub a myth into us, about the fact that supposedly there is some kind of progress and improvement in all spheres of human life, the facts and statistics speak of a constant deterioration in all areas, despite the fact that in technical terms (gadgets, comfort, the Internet, communications, the "digitization" of everything, transport, etc.), an illusion is created that it is getting better and better.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.08.22

Protocol10
and what is this fact? in spiritual terms, it can most likely be assumed that it all started with something similar to signs in species that are not a reasonable person and various ritual actions appear, then it will develop into the concept of spirits and all sorts of invisible entities, as well as magic, which implies that you can interact with these entities, or simply perform some kind of manipulation to get results or predictive power in order to know how to act. all this develops and acquires the mythology of theologies. with the accumulation of knowledge and understanding of the nature of things, all this becomes more and more abstract. then somewhere there in the Middle Ages there is a gradual transition to the scientific and technological revolution, where a more complex synthetic approach to the formation of the spiritual.
morality does not exist by itself, but is a consequence of deep biological evolutionary processes that allowed people to create a society, which resulted in the very morality expressed in the ways of interaction between individuals. and society itself depends on civilization and all sorts of gadgets.

Here is and in games the same progress. myltso tends to grafooon !!! technologies determine the appearance and form of games, because they do not exist on their own and there are many factors that affect them. and so you can argue that there were soulful games on classic consoles, then consoles with ciders and poor 3d graphics came and the era of dull soulless hype polygonal games with brick wall photo textures stretched over a globe began.

v
vftor 21.08.22

As they say: "Nothing lasts forever under the moon." Everything in the world is cyclical: after progress - degradation, after degradation - the creation of a new one, after a new one - progress, etc. So in games: the peak of progress in gameplay and optimization came in 2010-2015. And now there is a process of degradation due to the decline in morality, which has been replaced by the morality of enrichment and the desire for power. Morality in society is like optimization in games. There are very few people left with high morals and very few professional game developers left.

A
Anderby 20.01.23

vftor

What kind of morality are we talking about? In Deus Ex on PS2, it was possible to kill children. The GTA series flourished in that era, a series where you could use drugs (Vice City), rob houses and give girls vibrators (San Andreas), drive a car drunk (IV) and this is not to mention the level of violence in these games in general and those very "the morality of getting rich and striving for power." Dead or Alive had a manually adjustable bounce setting for women's breasts. Universal 3D made it possible to implement realistic cruelty and realistic characters, everyone only competed with who had thicker blood (Manhunt, God of War, Ninja Gaiden) and less angular boobs (Tomb Raider). It's not for you to shrink your butts in Overwatch because of howling on Twitter.

In the era of PS2, there was more likely to be everything and for every taste. From adult games (Playboy The Mansion) and endless adaptations of everything and everything to huge AAA masterpieces (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, San Andreas) and real art (Metal Gear Solid 2-3, Shadow of the Colossus).

g
grayserena 20.01.23

Impressive document! I learned from my own experiences. I hope that your site will get more visitors. I think that you can have both impressive wisdom and good eyesight. I'm now very happy with how this advice has helped me waffle game

v
vftor 20.01.23

Anderby
So I say that morality has sunk to zero, and degradation is increasing. In the history of mankind, this has been repeated many times as an unsuccessful experiment.

A
Anderby 20.01.23

vftor

So you wrote about 2015.

s
sky game 20.01.23

Well, now there are more online games, you can earn more money from them. And the best games have already come out, and to make a good single-player game risky for companies, it's easier to release an online grinder with loot boxes.

v
vftor 20.01.23

Anderby
Well, after 2015, the degradation of the igrostroy began, and not only it, but everything in the world. People are not only stupid, but also crazy. This is clearly seen in games, films, shows, music, politics.

y
yuriko1158 20.01.23

some idiot came up with the idea that beauty will save the world, including games.
what do we see?
BLAPOT ...
beauty was brought in, but the gameplay was somehow forgotten :D :D

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

And on PS what were done. Now I want to take the first “curling iron” from my brother (if I haven’t broken it yet) and replay the first SH and MGS, these were games, I really liked it 20 years ago.