3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yarven1033 07.02.22 11:11 pm

Abnormal CPU usage (God of War (2018))

Processor i7-4790K, Vidyaha 1070Ti, 16Gb RAM.
The problem is that the game started (I already finished half the game, there were no problems, but after patch 1.0.4 ... it seems to have started with it ... the computer began to become a stake in 3-5 minutes after launch) to overload the CPU on 90+%, with settings above average (somewhere around 70% of the maximum). Moreover, such a load becomes IMMEDIATELY, even in the menu, when the game has not even loaded yet, and does not subside for a second. The processor heats up due to a constant and non-dropping load and protection is triggered ...
In the game, with all this, there are absolutely no glitches / lags / brakes (even at higher settings) - fps does not drop below 60 frames / sec ...
23 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 07.02.22

Yarven1033
Limit fps to 60, the processor will be less stressed, improve cooling, wait for the update.

E
ED61 07.02.22

Yarven1033
on i5 9400f gtx1080 load .. MAN tells you correctly put the vertical

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Pavel Rally
and if the vertical is 75 and not 60, is there a difference or is it still necessary to set it to 60?

P
Pavel Rally 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
Yes, if you want to reduce the load on the processor, you can also close all unnecessary programs, temporarily disable the antivirus.

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

My load at 100% starts from the very start - the menu has not yet appeared, and the load is already 100%. And while the percentage has not overheated, there are no lags / brakes in the game itself ...
V. synchronization did not help, turning off the antivirus did not help either ... the campaign will have to wait for an update (in which they deign to pay attention to this crap) ...

E
ED61 14.02.22

Yarven1033
try to set the lock in the firewood panel to 60 and turn off the lock in the game

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

ED61 Did
n't help either - all of the above only led to the fact that immediately after the appearance of the main menu, the load drops to 40% for ~ 10-15 seconds, but then returns to 100% (even though I'm still in the menu and haven't loaded the game yet) and at times ... about once every 10-15 seconds. ... sags up to 98%, and sometimes even up to 96%. But still, most of the time, the load on the CPU is 98-100%.

E
ED61 14.02.22

xs maybe something else hammers percents .. did not look in the dispatcher what is loading ??? on 6 cores such a load .. i7 4790 4 cores .. 8 threads ??

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

This is how it looks like:

But only the start menu has loaded, I don’t even load the game yet:

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

ED61
And what is the program on the screen?

E
ED61 14.02.22

Paint screenshots through it, since more than 5 mb can’t get through here .. look here what is loading

E
ED61 14.02.22

Yarven1033

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

ED61
I checked this right away - after loading the start menu, the GoW load is 90+%, the second and third places (swap) 1-1.5% are "System" and "Desktop Window Manager", the rest is 0.2% or less. ..

E
ED61 14.02.22

Yarven1033
well xs why is it loading the percent.

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

ED61
With Horizon Zero Dawn the same garbage. There are no such problems with other games (Green Hell, for example, does not load more than 70% of the percent). I want to reinstall Days Gone, but I already went through it - there were no problems ...

Y
Yarven1033 14.02.22

I may not understand something, but now I decided to check the game itself (before that, the main menu had already warmed the percentages with such loads ... I also set the textures back to maximum, the rest to high) and it turned out that now in the game itself there is no such load on the CPU - 70-78% loading. I went back to the main menu and voila - almost a non-stop load of 96-100%. WHAT THE HELL!? O_O
What's in GoW, what's Horizon ZD - the main menu rapes the percent more than the game itself ... but in Days Gone the main menu doesn't rape the percent - for 20-25 seconds the load lasts ~ 90%, and then drops to 30-35%

K
Kostet12 14.02.22

Yarven1033
is the norm, you have a percentage of the same generation, approximately as 3570k and its derivatives of Eva Bridge, it's time to change it to at least 8700k, you have a weak percentage! actually outdated!

S
SonyK_2 14.02.22

Yarven1033
Yarven1033 wrote:
Maybe I don't understand something... I also set the textures back to maximum... and it turned out that now there is no such load on the CPU in the game itself - 70-78% of the load. I went back to the main menu and voila - almost a non-stop load of 96-100% ...
As texture quality increases, the load on the video card increases. Most likely, it began to load to the maximum, and because of this, the overall performance "rested" on it, reducing the load on the processor. When you exit to the games menu, it happens that the load on the vidyukha is reduced, due to the fact that you do not need to process complex data to build frames, and in the graphics menu it is often easier. The load on the VC drops - the frame rate increases (if not limited), in some games in the menu there are up to several thousand frames per second and, accordingly, the load on the CPU increases again. Lock the framerate through the driver ...
Spoiler
..., or third-party programs ...
Spoiler
..., and the number of frames in the "fly to heaven" menu will not.

D
Dakini 14.02.22

I also noticed that in this game the percentage is very loaded, in no other game in which I had to play such a load on the processor was there, the temperature is constantly growing. Specifically, I play this game no more than 30 minutes per evening, I don’t want to rape the computer with this marriage of developers.
I play on medium graphics settings on i7 2600k, gtx 1650.

G
GERA1987 14.02.22

Dakini
Well, I don't know, guys, where did you see that she loads a lot of percent. Play dogs 2,3, detroit, marvel, cyberpunk and gasp at the download. That's where it really loads percent !!!!!!! And in this game, I personally have all the rules for loading the processor.