3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
drone92 07.02.22 11:47 pm

GTX750ti heats up to 80 in games.

The temperature of the card rises to 80 in games, in idle 36 degrees. This is fine? The maximum temperature for this card is 90 degrees, but 80 is already close to it.
36 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

80 is a lot for GM107, with a further increase it can go into throttling, 90-95 is considered critical, the extreme limit is 95.
Name your video card model. I mean the manufacturer's model. If the warranty has passed - disassemble the CO, clean it from dust and change the thermal paste, preferably for high-quality one.

S
SanyaN6233 07.02.22

why be surprised if it is already clear there that the cooling is not ice?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

droun92
CO is compact and weak, obviously designed for mATX. Was the temperature as high immediately after purchase? If yes, then there's nothing you can do about it, except to increase the speed manually. For example, using the MSI Afterburner program, you can create your own unique automatic speed control mode in a couple of minutes by changing the curve on the graph and setting the necessary hysteresis so that the speed does not constantly “walk”. It will be noisier, but much cooler.

d
drone92 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
I, with the help of my native program that came with the video camera, set the rpm power to 100 at 70 degrees, the same thing. If I take it to the store, will they look at the vidyuhu? After all, there is no malfunction, everything works the same. This temperature was from the very beginning.

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

droun92 It
's useless to carry it to the store, the video card is working and not throttling. Moreover, when replacing the thermal paste, you killed the warranty.

d
drone92 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Really? There was no sticker on the map, I didn't rip anything off.

P
PhenomNV 07.02.22

droun92
But they can refuse a guarantee. If anything, don't say anything about replacing the thermal paste.

d
drone92 07.02.22

PhenomNV
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. But in general, what will happen if I leave everything like that? The video card will not burn out in two or three years?

P
PhenomNV 07.02.22

drone92
Quite normal temperature. But chip failure is possible.

d
drone92 07.02.22

PhenomNV
I also noticed that the chip itself is missing a small piece from the edge, just a little. Suddenly because of this? Is there a high chance of a crash?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

droun92 The
warranty is unequivocally lost, in the technical service they will definitely not overlook the replacement of thermal paste. Even simply removing the CO will void the warranty.
Moreover, there is no point in handing over an absolutely serviceable video card, even if you did not open it.
Leave as is. 80, of course, is a bit much, but not critical. And nothing will burn you, do not be afraid. At critical temperatures, most likely closer to 90, there will be an automatic reset of frequencies, in other words, throttling, which will prevent the temperature from rising to a critical one of 95 degrees. At a critical temperature (which the video card will not reach with a working CO), the PC will simply be cut down, but this is very rare, since the same throttling will not allow the temperature to rise so much.

d
drone92 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Clearly, more or less reassured. It's just strange that the card heats up so much, I think that that small piece may be to blame)

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

droun92 Can you elaborate
on the "piece"? It would be nice to include a photo.

d
drone92 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Now I'm not at home, so it's unlikely to work. But as already said, a small piece is missing from the edge, as if broken. I noticed this when I applied thermal paste.

P
PhenomNV 07.02.22

drone92
On a crystal? This is a chip, due to improper installation / removal of the cooler. Lucky that it works, there is no more 100% guarantee.

M
Mr. Invisible 07.02.22

droun92 Back
in 2010, I bought a GTX 460 vidyuhi from Zotac, it had a turbine and it was terribly warm. Within a week after the purchase, with a small surcharge, I changed it without any problems to the same one from Asus, but with normal cooling, it still works, though I hardly play games now. If you recently bought it, then most likely the store will go to a meeting and change the video card.

n
nominal 07.02.22

80 normal temperature I have 980 ref it has a working temperature of 80-82, so don't worry

d
drone92 07.02.22

PhenomNV wow
! That is, it’s better for me not to take it to the store, will they notice it anyway? For some reason I'm sure that it's because of me) But the fact is that the card was warming up even before I removed the cooler.

d
drone92 07.02.22

nominar
In all tests of my card they write that it heats up to a maximum of 50, although I have an OS version, but I don’t think that this is such a big difference.

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

Mr. Invisible
"If you recently bought it, then most likely the store will go to a meeting and change the video card."
If we are talking about the so-called "return of goods of good quality", that is, if the buyer returns the goods stupidly because he did not like it, in the absence of manufacturing defects and damage caused by the buyer, then the buyer is given 14 days to try out the goods, find out whether it suits him, conduct tests, including stress tests. If 14 days have not passed, then, in accordance with the RFP (Consumer Protection), the store is obliged to accept the goods of good quality, and the buyer is given a choice, either he takes the money or exchanges for another product.
A month ago, on the 14th day, I exchanged a lousy RAM for who the hell knows whose chips from Kingston a set of 2133GHz 8GB + 8GB, only because it didn’t start at 2800MHz, it worked perfectly at the declared frequencies. The whole return process took about 10 minutes, surprisingly, they didn’t even get it out of the box, I stupidly could pull the strips out of the radiators and keep them for myself, and stick at least DDR1 from the old computer into the radiators, it would have turned out imperceptibly. And no one would then prove anything, not caught is not a thief. But this is more the exception than the rule.