3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
drone92 07.02.22 11:47 pm

GTX750ti heats up to 80 in games.

The temperature of the card rises to 80 in games, in idle 36 degrees. This is fine? The maximum temperature for this card is 90 degrees, but 80 is already close to it.
36 Comments
Sort by:
j
jerry90 07.02.22

Not all items can be exchanged or returned within 14 days.
Examine the List of non-food products of good quality that cannot be returned or exchanged for a similar product of a different size, shape, dimension, style, color or configuration, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 01/19/1998. No. 55. All products listed in this list CANNOT be returned or exchanged if you simply do not like them or change your mind, regardless of whether you have used this product, even if 5 minutes have passed since the moment of purchase. Therefore, be more careful when buying such goods, consider whether they are still in the store, think about whether you really need this product, whether it will fit into the apartment in size (well, this applies to technology), whether it is suitable for design, etc.

With all this, it is worth noting that sometimes stores meet halfway and change (or return money) even for goods included in the list, but this is solely "good will", and not the obligation of such stores, so you should not flatter yourself if they went to one store to a meeting, it is not a fact that they will go to another.

Belomorkanal A
video card is not considered a technically complex product?

n
nonakukifu 07.02.22

droun92
is a normal temperature, if it jumps over 95, then you can think about it already, over 80 it’s within the normal range, my stove 480 in almost any modern game is 80 for 80, in idle it’s over 40, I’ve had it since 2010, and nothing to her not done, even the thermal paste never changed

n
nonakukifu 07.02.22

Belomorkanal video cards have an
extreme limit of 120 degrees, the old ones like 7900gt 130 even had it, the video card itself will reset the voltage on the chip and the frequency, if it thinks that it is overheating, usually it is 105 degrees, sometimes more ...

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

DeLaKoren
Reading the specifications, we conclude that when 90 degrees is reached, throttling occurs, when it reaches 95 degrees (which is extremely unlikely with a good CO), the driver will at least lean back, and at the maximum the video card BIOS will give a command to turn off the PSU. The info is reliable, my 980 throttles already after 85, but this temperature is reached only with merciless overclocking with a significant increase in the core voltage.
Old video cards really worked quietly at 100-105 degrees, for example, my late 4870. More modern video cards do not heat up like that, especially with their technical process and very thin BGA wiring, temperatures above 90 degrees are fatal.

jerry90
As far as I know, the decree of 1998 is no longer valid by virtue of the new decree of 11. And the components are not included in the list, for example, with the return of system units (as goods of good quality), which are assembled by the stores themselves, problems may arise. The same can be said about laptops.
As a rule, all large retail chains take almost any product of good quality without any problems, they, in turn, allegedly return them to the supplier without any problems (in fact, they often sell them to less picky buyers, if the packaging allows, and the buyer's request for a refund goes into the trash). At least I had no problems with the return, over the past few years. Over the past six months, I have changed the operative (accelerates poorly), the multicooker (I didn’t like the modes), the PSU (slightly squeaking throttles, which is by no means a warranty case), everything in different stores, I generally changed the PSU in our local charade, in which even there is no product, everything is made to order.

K
Kirill1998 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
How did you manage to heat up 980 to 85 degrees?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

Cyril 1998
Overclocking to 1550 MHz on the chip, with a significant increase in voltage. More voltage - more current (I=U/R), therefore more power (P=I*U) - more heat dissipation and more TDP (heat dissipation) requirements.
More than 85-88 does not want to heat up, throttling, which in general is very good, overheating protection should work.
When the card is overclocked to 1550 for the chip and 8000 for RAM, the power consumption reaches about 135-140% of the nominal, and the card's operation cannot be called stable, as the driver sometimes crashes. But in such heavy modes, the card was launched only a couple of times, for the purpose of the experiment. I'm not a rapist.

K
Kirill1998 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Did you indicate acceleration without boost?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

Cyril
1998 Standard overclocking by hand, with a gradual increase in tension with unstable behavior. High frequencies require high voltage.

K
Kirill1998 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Well, how much frequency does the buste have?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

Cyril 1998
I do not understand what it is about. I have never used auto overclocking, even on the CPU.

K
Kirill1998 07.02.22

Belomorkanal
Well, you apparently flashed the bios of the card?

B
Belomorkanal 07.02.22

Cyril 1998
No, I did not touch the bios. The video card works fine, I do not want to change anything.

M
Mr. Nagib 07.02.22

shit there. if under warranty try to replace it with https://market.yandex.ru/product/10858607?hid=91031&track=tabs with a small surcharge. this one has excellent cooling, or change the vidyahi cooler to a more efficient one if you rummage around.

I
ILIA_1992 07.02.22

Too much. I have a 750Ti from Palit. In games, the temperature does not rise above 60. At idle 32 degrees.

With acceleration.

s
supies 07.02.22

Guys, can anyone know what could be the problem and how to solve it? A good friend bought a system: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+, AMD Athlon X4 860K, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1033Mhz PCI-E 3.0 2048Mb 5400Mhz 128 bit DVI 2xHDMI HDCP. Windows 8.1x64 constantly crashes, everything continues to work but there is no sound and there is no signal on the screen, then the video driver will stop responding just on the desktop. Since he loves to play WoW, this is very critical for him, because raids and all that! I assumed that the problem is in the video card, or in hardware incompatibility! He offered to give up the cards for a while to check, he agreed, and as I expected, everything works with a bang, neither I nor he has any problems! My system: BIOSTAR A770E3 (rev. 6.x), AMD Athlon II X3 445 (4th core unlocked), Asus Radeon HD 6850, win 8.1x64. He also tried various drivers, reinstalled windows from different images (also mine too), the problem always remained. What can you advise?

D
Demen lox 07.02.22

supies
I have the same system as your friend, though mate. pay is slightly different. But everything is stable.