3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22 09:48 pm

Problems when using ray tracing! (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

The essence of the problem is that when ray tracing is enabled, shiny surfaces on the weapon flash, and
the hands of the protagonist, and this happens if you go into the room during the day or just in the shade of buildings! only when you move when you stand everything is fine! not all tracing parameters affect, but only the quality of global illumination and reflection on it! if these two parameters are turned off, that is, simply set to high, then there is no problem! I don't understand if I have one or not? I just watched the video, where also with ray tracing turned on on rtx 3080 ti, 3060 and 2060 super, then they also noticed this, in someone it was just on their hands, in another it appeared on the weapon, but not as much as mine, but by the way, it is clearly visible on a weapon with a large number of metal reflective parts on it! and in those videos there were wooden sticks and clubs, and for this it is difficult to see these blinks. Here is my video seen on the bow and sword!
PC config in profile.
Who can check it out! to find out if this is a problem with the game or on my part.
38 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tdante 14.02.22

There was no such thing. 3070

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

You just didn't notice! and for the fact that you play without tracing, or not with all the rt parameters turned on! this crap only happens when using global illumination, and reflection using tracing! because I already found a bunch of videos with walkthroughs, and they all had the same thing as me! and on different video cards that the rtx 3000 series and rtx 2000 series are the same, so the topic is closed, this is a game problem!

A
Alexey Litvintsev 14.02.22

Maybe something with the drivers?
Is dlss included?

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Alexey Litvintsev
Once again I am writing this is the problem of the game, this happens to everyone! I wrote above about this, do you really not know how to read? and these oddities do not occur on all weapons, how many times should I write!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

And do not write that you do not have this! if in other people during the passage I noticed the same crap, exactly the same!

L
Listoman 14.02.22

No problem, mb, messed up with old cards)

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
show you with rtx 3000 series card

L
Listoman 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
No, I have my own 3080ti, no such problems, the rest is already in the gasket between the chair and the monitor, although there are a lot of bugs in the game, so it's not surprising)

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
Here is the video! rtx 3060 map same hat happens timecode 14:26

L
Listoman 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
He still has such a problem with trees, but there is no information about the config, firewood, settings, etc., if it's real 3060, then he should also have some thread for streaming + dlss b, and here there may already be problems with a small number of rays on the stage)

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
Well, even go into the shade during the day, or a building when using milestone tracing parameters, and get a sword, for example, a katana, it will be clearly visible on it and you will see everything!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman Go
to his channel he has r5 3600 and rtx 3060!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
I just got confused and found a bunch of videos with such a problem, there is a video where people on rtx 3060 ti have this and 3080 ti as well, so this problem, if you can call it that, of course, not only on rtx 2000 series video cards but also on rtx 3000 series, I just didn’t understand it for everyone, maybe this happens due to uninstalled windows updates and drivers, I won’t argue.

L
Listoman 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
Yes, I have already played 30 hours on full ultras in 4k with dlss q, no such problems, most likely they arise from a lack of information, since fhd with dlss q is the actual render 720p, and the number of rays is tied to the render resolution, then there are rays on the scene when rendering 720p there will be only 921600, mb, so some surfaces start to bug, it was similar in the control on reflections)

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
So this happens at high resolutions using rtx 3080-ti! as I wrote a little higher, walk around in the shade during the day, with a metal weapon in your hands, just the only way you will notice it! under other conditions, nothing like this will happen!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
And if you can shoot a video of this process!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
And by the way, I started noticing this after the last update!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
You are practically right, it is not so noticeable at high resolutions! even if you turn off dlss in full hd, it is very difficult to notice it, you need to peer directly. Just for some reason, before the updates, this was not at all, that with full hd with dlss, that without it!

X
XOPSS 14.02.22

Half the game passed without RTX and norms. Alas, the full RTX is pulled only by 3080-3090ti (or AMD analogs). Anything below that is not playable. Alas, playing at 50+/- fps is a tin.

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

XOPSSS
Yes, the point is not in this to whom it is convenient, but also for the fact that this strangeness is happening
And I will ask you again, if it's not difficult? do the same as I wrote above, under the same conditions and with such weapons, I will be grateful!