3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22 09:48 pm

Problems when using ray tracing! (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

The essence of the problem is that when ray tracing is enabled, shiny surfaces on the weapon flash, and
the hands of the protagonist, and this happens if you go into the room during the day or just in the shade of buildings! only when you move when you stand everything is fine! not all tracing parameters affect, but only the quality of global illumination and reflection on it! if these two parameters are turned off, that is, simply set to high, then there is no problem! I don't understand if I have one or not? I just watched the video, where also with ray tracing turned on on rtx 3080 ti, 3060 and 2060 super, then they also noticed this, in someone it was just on their hands, in another it appeared on the weapon, but not as much as mine, but by the way, it is clearly visible on a weapon with a large number of metal reflective parts on it! and in those videos there were wooden sticks and clubs, and for this it is difficult to see these blinks. Here is my video seen on the bow and sword!
PC config in profile.
Who can check it out! to find out if this is a problem with the game or on my part.
38 Comments
Sort by:
b
bushmaster 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
on 2070super is not comfortable to play with rays, turn them off and don't worry)

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

bushmaster
Well, I don't know, 50-60 fps is enough for me!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Listoman
Here is another video with such crap on rtx 3060 ti, it appears on the hands of the character, as well as on the handles of the glider time code 5:13 but on rtx 3090 on the doors 7:44

A
Alexey Litvintsev 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
Well, I have a 3060ti
I can read, I just don't have one, that's all..

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Aleksey Litvintsev
Well, if not, then shoot the video as I wrote above! it’s just all words, if everyone has this, but you don’t, I don’t believe, or you just don’t want to admit the fact of the problem or something!

G
GERA1987 14.02.22

Kartonkratos
and what's with the stracing if there is a high resolution booz dlss? I can’t find tests on YouTube from the guys. Our Russians or Belarusians or Ukrainians don’t really have it, So that they don’t
pensydpendos. I don't think so. and unih goes. Z i xs

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

GERA1987
The first video is mine, the second one I found on YouTube, with a chela 3060 he plays in full hd with tracing and dlss for performance,
the third is 3060 ti, here it just shows how it is played with different settings in full hd, that is, it is testing! and the fourth video is a stream of passage at 3090, in 4k with tracing and dlss also for performance, and in all of them I noticed such strangeness with tracing like mine, I wrote time codes under each video!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

GERA1987
And yes, there are such fake videos, since 3060 in real life loses a little to my 2070 super, and in these tests, 3060 shows the same performance in 2k as mine in full hd, then it immediately smells of p***! so I'm not arguing that there is such a thing! these that I found reliable, if it repels how I play in full hd and dlss for quality, then it’s clear what performance they will have on their systems.

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Here's more for those who don't believe! on 3090 such crap happens on the fingers gg 1:16:14
and one more on rtx 3060 21:53 so whoever doesn't see this is completely blind!

K
Kartonkratos 14.02.22

Uyt688
You are stupid! the hell are you clogging up the forums, I see it in every topic, no one will look at you!

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

So I continue the old topic and throw off another video with a jamb in ray tracing, to those who prove that they did not have this, both videos used rtx 3080! the first look at the bow time code 2:03 and the second on the paraglider handles and rope 1:29 and at 2:35 on the arms

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

Kartonkratos
Today it will be necessary to look for interest!

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
To see this, you need to go into the shade or a building in the light of day, then you will see it! and if you just go out into the light or at night, you won’t see it!

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
I don’t understand why no one writes about this, and why the developers don’t fix it, it’s just as tinny as it catches my eye!.

K
Kartonkratos 05.05.22

Here is another vid

g
ghfdsq 04.09.22

Your problem is frame out of sync. 100%. Turn the frame sync (vertical sync, hertz) in the nvidia panel and in the application (in the game). And put on the monitor the same. Try 50Hz everywhere. That's the problem, 100%.

K
Kartonkratos 04.09.22

ghfdsq
Yes, the problem is probably not frame synchronization!? but the fact that the tracing works crookedly here, because not only I have such crap, there above I threw off a bunch of videos from YouTube with tests on different video cards, and there the same garbage as mine happens when tracing is turned on!

K
Kartonkratos 04.09.22

ghfdsq
But I'll try exactly as you wrote! and in general only in this game this happens, in other games with tracing this is not observed!