3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
50 cent in GTA 14.02.22 10:57 pm

Fantasy

Who reads science fiction?
41 Comments
Sort by:
U
Unreal Man 14.02.22

Stanislav Lem. My favorite fantasy writer. I recommend it to everyone if you haven't read it yet.

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

Golovachev writes well, but too standard.

F
F3nix 14.02.22

Nick Perumov "Skull on the sleeve" and "Skull in the sky" - I advise everyone!!!

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

You know, I read a lot of science fiction by Russian authors, but THIS... tell me your feelings after this book.

M
Master O 14.02.22

Ann Rice:
1). "Interview with a Vampire";
2). "Vampire Lestat";
Who appreciates the old art style, or who likes the lyrics about vampires - I highly recommend!

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

Romance is not fantasy. It's surreal fantasy or something like that. Romance helps to develop the spiritual and personal qualities of a person, like kindness and a rich inner world of the subconscious, and therefore it is highly recommended for reading to all groups of the thinking population.

p
pain pumping station 14.02.22

As for me, the Vampire Chronicles is a guide for a novice pervert and nifiga is not gothic. I was very disappointed when the end of the book suddenly came, and the hope that there would be at least something interesting in this book finally disappeared.
Now I'm reading Dilvish the Damned by Roger Zelazny - he is my favorite author.

F
FenrIX_666 14.02.22

The Whole Zeleaziny, Harry Harrison. Something from Star Wars.

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

And what does Zelazny write about? To be honest, I have never read any of his books.
The vampire theme is as old as the world - there is no tomarish to taste and color.

p
penguin_lo 14.02.22

Crap. Here I read a fantasy of some overseas author. I don't remember who... Does the name of the beast Murgatroyd mean anything to anyone?
Question: And why did I read this? O_o

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

Something familiar surname ... sort of like a similar person wrote a noble book "Features of ancient metaphysics in modern features of the concept of being."
Yes, it seems so.

p
penguin_lo 14.02.22

I already found it myself. This was written by Murray LEINSTER. And Murgatroyd is a tormal (such a beast). Nobody read?

Apocalypse, where did you find such a cool nonsense generator? I want one too! :)

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

Lo-lo
In my mind.
In general, it’s so very good - I myself fully understand what I’m saying, but others find themselves in a stupor. Very funny. Or deplorable. How to look. Hmm. What more can I say. Nothing. Like. Probably. May be. How else? Just. Read a whole library of philosophical writings on philosophy (question: what else can philosophical writings be about?) and know this. I'm interested. Who doesn't. There are more of them. But I am stronger. Knowledge is power. In the right application.

p
penguin_lo 14.02.22

APOKALYPSES
Well, why are you in a stupor right away? In my opinion, a smart person will never flaunt his knowledge and shout right and left how many books he has read. These are like "new Russians" hung with gold on all sides ... And you also need to be able to express your thoughts in a correct and understandable language. :R

A
APOKALYPSES 14.02.22

I didn't yell right and left as I walked down the street with a banner reading "I've read 500 books. How smart I am." I generally like this idea. It's just that sometimes thoughts can only be expressed in ... complex, although it is not clear to me why, in fact, in complex words. Otherwise, you have to replace everything with the simplest syllables and words. The result is an incomprehensible mess. I tried to do this 4 years ago on the forum of philosophers - no one understood me. But everyone understood when I began to talk about philosophy in a philosophical language. Here I myself am to blame - there was nothing to open the topic of profundity in an inappropriate forum, although initially the task was different. It doesn't matter, my plans are multifaceted and easily convergent. The second task was to find out the IQ of the members of the forum sracha against me. The results are low. Except some. Now I know who really understands something, and who trembles in vain. The latter are much more.
================================================= =================================
I'll just say it. I don’t care how and what a person does, as well as what kind of relationship he has with me - but if he knows how to think, I will take this into account, regardless of personal relationships. Sometimes thinking is more important than personal relationships. And sometimes not. And sometimes vice versa. Life is varied. And this diversity is expressed in every human action. Fate is beyond the control of the essence of the human mind, but it exists.
================================================= =================================

p
pain pumping station 14.02.22

Zelazny writes about how Nick Perumov does. Like the Earth is a separate dimension without magic, but there are others where there is magic. This is just about a couple of novels - now the Chronicles of Amber and Changeling are coming, there are still a lot of novels, stories and something in between for a lot different themes.
Regarding the vampire theme: I like it even more, I'm not happy with Anne Rice specifically

h
harmonium 14.02.22

I love the Strugatskys very much, I love Vonnegut, I remember once, a very long time ago, I liked the stories of Dmitruk ... in general, I love old Soviet science fiction ...

V
Victor Hugo 14.02.22

I read a book by strangers 5 years ago and found answers to many questions (in terms of film criticism), the book is more interesting.

A
Al Jay 14.02.22

Hmm...JK Rowling.

S
Stardrageddon 14.02.22

Gray League Warrior The
book can't be delivered by mail - 10,000 kilobytes is the message limit, and the file size of the book is somewhere around 50 megabytes (including graphics).