3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xF1x 25.02.22 07:07 pm

Open World Friezes on a Powerful PC (Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One)

In general, in the open world (on the street) there are constant microfreezes.
Configuration
5600x
3080 ti
16 oz 3733 MHz
Naturally SSD
Overclocking the memory to xmp did not help
Overclocking the video card did not help
Fixing the frame rate to 90-60 did not help either.
Am I the only one with this kind of crap?
15 Comments
Sort by:
G
GERA1987 25.02.22

xF1x
Yes, everything seems to be fine. The game is running as intended. Here is my test score: Vidyakha, like you.

G
GERA1987 25.02.22

xF1x
On ssd does not make sense to put. It improves download speed and nothing more. If an ordinary disk is without troubles, then there will be no friezes either on ssd or on hdd. I always put almost all the games only on the hdd.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.02.22

xF1x
If it's not difficult, post a video with all the indicators in an overlay, like Herman's. You can confuse freezes with RAM staters . You need to manually drive and set the timings / sub-timings yourself. Special attention to TRC and
TRFC
subtimings using this program:
Spoiler
Then run the bench from Aida 64 and show the latency:
Spoiler

GERA1987
SSD response time is 4 times less than HDD

G
GERA1987 25.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
Most likely the guy's friezes are not cruel, but something else. Let him focus on the inspection of the operative and thereby check this game, Horza, Days Gon. I've played Sherlock for 47 hours now. It sometimes twitched near the water. The smoothness of the game without breaks helps a little way through the launch of the game for 11 breaths, if you register in the properties of the shortcut. Imbos game! It's worth it to solve the problem. So far, almost the best for the title of the game of the year.

01001000 01101001 25.02.22

xF1x
No, not alone. The game is implemented on the UE4 engine. These surprises are found in all games. I got stuck in an old ARK and a simple medieval dynasty, Borderlands 3. And it looks more like staters than friezes.
googled on the topic of staters, it is highly desirable in the English version. There, the guys on reddit, in particular, shoveled everything and everything. You can try two things right away:
a) For the engine, in the nvidia panel you need to turn on "shader cache size "unlimited".
b) Everything in the same panel - triple buffering.
c) Go to Google with a question, but you can generalize - games unreal engine 4 stuttering.And you will get a lot of advice.Or here is an article and a classic solution for you:
Spoiler

for stuttering problem?
I have seen some gameplay and always notice that there are a lot of stutters everywhere, I have not bought the game yet, so I would like to ask those who have the game if it really has optimization problems.

As you can see, not alone! And distinguish friezes from staters (or in translation from English - STUTTERING).
I can't speak for everyone, but the UE4 engine is capricious for starters.
Example: Rewind to 2:40 - noticeable stater. There are more of them.

M
Marsj 25.02.22

01001000 01101001
Non-optimized game, period. Exaggerated requirements like the latest Halo.

01001000 01101001 25.02.22

Marsj
Maybe you're right. I named three games, I can also name The Outer Worlds. Here is Days Gone the same on UE4 and runs great. Is there a problem as well?
Marsj wrote:
Days Gone has better optimization than Sherlock.
He just flies, in every sense :))

M
Marsj 25.02.22

01001000 01101001
Days Gone has better optimization than Sherlock.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.02.22

GERA1987
I don't have it yet. As soon as it happens, I'll also test it

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

01001000 01101001
I made tests of gestures for read and write speed.
Spoiler

E
Evil in the flash 03.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Where do you get so many zhestakov?

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

Evil in the flash
Now there are a lot of hardballs, so stock up just in case.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.04.22

Tested on HDD:

As I understand it, she needs an SSD

M
Marsj 17.04.22

Denis Kyokushin
It's not about ssd. Test the final location and the testing will end.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.04.22

Marsj
Don't need final location, SSD didn't help: