3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GONE TO DTF 03.03.22 12:54 am

Is it worth playing? (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Yes, the title of the topic is a little punny and has already generated a lot of "good" answers in the minds of the evil trawls. But I'm really interested in this question. I will explain why.

1. I read reviews. And many of them are not very flattering. Often those who unsubscribe talk about the MMO-oriented gameplay. Knowing the combat of DAI and adding mmo elements to this, I draw a conclusion that is not the most flattering for the game. This is still aggravated by the fact that I played Guild Wars 2, where combat for MMOs is very, very good (a character, depending on the class, can wield several types of weapons and combine them in his hands, getting different skills and fighting styles as output) . That is, this item can be briefly described as follows - Is the gameplay interesting?
2. Smoothly moving from the previous paragraph - is there an RPG in the game, as such? Dialogues that affect anything other than flirting or not flirting with party members? Any real choice? Winning back?
3-1. Why didn't I play and check it myself. Bekoz of prologue. You won't see much in the prologue. But what I saw did not please me. Fights are so far boring clicking one button and periodically 123 (like in mmo, yes).
3-2. Character Creation. Created already 7 characters. In the editor look more or less. There are some freaks in the game. The presets for men are sad (for elves it's just PPC). Hairstyles like from a show in Milan. I never liked Apache hair for Skyrim, but here they are! Where is the usual ponytail? Where is the hair in the plait a la Khal Drogo? It feels like you spent 4 hours at the hairdresser's before setting out on your adventure. Yes, and then you can not change the appearance anywhere else, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, and the choice of beards: stubble, a little thicker, thick stubble. Mustaches, mustaches with bristles, mustaches with thick bristles. Beard. A beard with stubble, a beard... you get the idea. And this is in the game for 1500r.

In general, all this is very, very hindering me to start playing. I just don’t know if it’s worth wasting my time or is it better to play something else?
38 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dmitry2407 03.03.22

No, no, don't play, if it didn't work right away, then you shouldn't suffer. Try better in Tetris, they say it's addictive.

G
GONE TO DTF 03.03.22

Dmitry2407
yes, 20 years ago it really delivered (only I still lose). still, I remember, everyone grew some kind of freaks in jars. they had to add water to grow. and still tamagotchi nothing like that, yes.
can i accept this answer, how is tetris better than dai?

C
Cool 03.03.22

In risen 3, gamble. Really. DAI will be much better.

R
Runaa 03.03.22

lookaway
Well, you single out the gameplay once you started playing, it won't get any better.
The fighting style is one per class, like weapons, for example, you won’t be able to pump both bow and daggers at the same time, well, if only with cheats, although it makes no sense, you can’t change them in battle.

Choice: magicians, templars, what fate awaits them, they will write a line about them later at the end. We will also influence who will rule in Orlais. At the end they will write a line about what is happening with this state and how it treats us. There is also a choice of priestesses for the head of the church (not us), they are directly related to the choice of magicians, templars. At the end, they will write what kind of church it will be, whether it will be friends with us or not. We can also influence the fate of the order about the guards, although this will not affect the Inquisition itself in any way, they don’t even write whether they are loyal to us or not in the end.

As for the characters, they look very different in the commercials, at the beginning it’s a nightmare what kind of animation, then it will be better, though not everywhere. It’s better not to look at our GG in anger at all, a crocodile is a crocodile.

G
GONE TO DTF 03.03.22

Runaa thank you
, I will draw conclusions)

A
Andrey Lemeshev 03.03.22

lookaway I
also got to that point and thought about deleting the game, but then I got in and stuck for 4 hours. It becomes interesting to play there only after the Inquisition appears and an open world with a bunch of extras. tasks and so on.

G
GONE TO DTF 03.03.22

Andrey Lemeshev
, well, my entire post was about this. Is it worth it to strain and try to play further. okay I will try.

c
coffin 03.03.22

try to get to Skyhold, if by that time you don't like the game, take it down)

M
Maxlaq 03.03.22

Andrey Lemeshev
Yes, that's for sure, probably the majority did not want to play, just until the moment the Inquisition appeared, then you really plunge into the game.

l
look look 03.03.22

do not play as a game ....... well, you understand

A
Arkane 03.03.22

Still worth playing, the world is amazing and very big, Huge! A bunch of quests and an even bigger bunch of interactive dialogues, I personally was very pleased (not everyone likes chatter, but I do), Combat is really close to MMO, but, as for me, everything in it is decided by mages and Varrik (his special branch with mines and so on), well, one tank for decent pve aggression and defense. At first, I didn’t like it very much, but the game itself started only after level 13-15 (before that, I studied all the areas inside and out, so I went through the high level storyline). As a fan of the DA line itself, I was very happy with many of the heroes I met from the previous parts, but what's there, I just "menstruated" :)
The satellites there are not the most pleasant, one part of the satellites is rear-wheel drive, the second part is "bitchy" in its essence, but it is interesting to conduct a dialogue with them, each, as is customary, has its own story and its own storyline, which also maintains interest in the game. It is pointless and not interesting to go through only one story, it is rather short if you only play it, and interest in the game will quickly fade. I myself am playing the 2nd week and so far everything suits me, despite the fact that I have already passed it.

A
Adamantokha 03.03.22

Play, half-width...

N
NevermoreTheCrow 03.03.22

Qoold
Oh yes, really. Risen is a prime example of how to launch a good project and flush it down the toilet.
The first one was very good, although it certainly didn’t reach its grandfather (Gothic), but at least tried to be like him, for which people fell in love. But Risen 2 and Risen 3... have gone too far from the Gothic, and something new and exciting to do did not work at all. The world is dead, the story is not worked out, the plot is sucked from the finger.
Purely IMHO, the third Ryzen and next to DA: I did not roll around.

lookaway
Fights are so far boring clicking one button and periodically 123 (like in mmo, yes).
Set the difficulty to above medium and check the box "damage from allied actions" and you won't get farther than a small weak group of enemies with a stupid call. To fight effectively and survive, you will have to combine the abilities of the entire squad and at the same time try not to drop your skates from these abilities yourself. For example, a fight with the weakest dragon on the Nightmare difficulty and with friendly damage takes about 40 minutes.
It's true, people who play on casual difficulty look extremely funny and at the same time complain about casual.

Read the reviews.
- Comrade, don't read Soviet newspapers before dinner.
-There are no others!
- Don't read any.

Is there an RPG in the game as such? Dialogues that affect anything other than flirting or not flirting with party members? Any real choice? Winning back?
There is. Your actions do not affect the final game, as such, but they can change the game world. Roleplaying is the same as in all recent Bioware games: DA2, ME2,3 etc.

3-2. Character Creation. Created already 7 characters. In the editor look more or less. There are some freaks in the game.
I created one in 15 minutes in the editor: it looks good both in the game and in the cut scenes. Of course, they don’t argue about tastes, but not a freak - for sure. Blame it on your own hands.

I
I3ender 03.03.22

lookaway
I advise you to try it yourself and draw conclusions, because there are so many people and opinions, but I strongly advise you not to read opinions about the game, especially in the Impressions topic, because recently a horde of haters has flown there, the degree of adequacy of which I personally doubt. After two deletions of my posts and warnings in this thread marked offtopic, I stopped going there at all))) So try it yourself, although considering your first post, you don’t like the game anymore))

X
Xelimber 03.03.22

lookaway
Still worth it!
At first, I thought absolutely the same way, there was a feeling of playing some kind of MMO, dull side quests and a huge number of them, the same type of battles. But to be honest, it all ended when I went through the first 2 locations (Therefore, I advise you not to focus on completing side quests in the Hinterlands and get out of there as soon as possible :3). The game changes dramatically in the other direction. The number of side quests is reduced dozens of times, and their fascination similarly increases. As for the combat system, I can’t say anything here, it is similar to the second part here, but here you need to be very careful about health, since it will not recover after the battle, and health bottles are limited and you can replenish them only in camps (I think this adds complexity needed by many RPGs). As for the plot, it is very interesting and well thought out, choice will often be provided, you don't have to worry about that). Hairstyles were really tricky, even this shine, which you don’t know how to remove (. Many different innovations were added to the game that were not in the previous parts (I won’t talk about them =)) It’s really worth playing, although the game is repulsive at first. Make up your mind)

R
Rich Bitch 03.03.22

I think everything has already been covered here. I’ll add on my own: you shouldn’t rush through the plot headlong, the game may seem short, even if you completed the personal tasks of all the party members and cleared a couple of locations.

R
Richards 03.03.22

The game of the year and the masterpiece, the same thing happened with Skyrim, there were haters, and then the game had only fans and now, the same thing will happen with Dragon Edge Inquisition, the game is huge, especially against the backdrop of the previous two. The combat is new, you need to get used to it and study it, because AI tactics are very peculiar, for example, double-clicking a bowmage will stand, and if you press the skill while hovering over an enemy, it will attack this enemy, even if there is an enemy that is not marked with the attack icon of that bowmage which you set with a double click, you can’t figure it out right away in the combat system, you have to get used to it. According to the plot, it’s very interestingly done, the non-linearity is harsh, and besides, with a choice, for example, I went to the templars, and then choose what they will be like, whether the order will be restored or dismissed, while the current passed from the templars, I didn’t go to the swamps, it turned out 57 hours
As for collecting res, I don’t know that everyone dug in with mmo, mmo can only be there if you go alone as an assassin, which I strongly advise against, but about res, in fact, if it’s difficult, it’s advisable to collect, if on average you can just collect along the way, but so you can buy and don’t worry about crafting, but crafting is also interesting, you can make cool armor color and so on. It all depends on the fabric, metal and skin. And I do not regret at all that I bought it, masterpieces !!!

R
Richards 03.03.22

If you get bored in the interior lands, then you can move in according to the plot, this prolongs the interest and at the same time again wants to explore but choose, for example, an oasis.

X
Xelimber 03.03.22

Raji-Dragon
By the way, about the armor, the appearance of the armor for the whole game practically does not change (compared to the previous parts). I would not call the game a masterpiece, but it is very good. Togo you look at the quality will catch up with the mass effect in the future.

S
Shadow264 03.03.22

lookaway
I passed, just for the sake of the plot, after which I returned with relief to the 1000th replay of The Witcher 1 and 2)) You still need to go through 1 time if you are a fan of YES.