3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GONE TO DTF 03.03.22 12:54 am

Is it worth playing? (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Yes, the title of the topic is a little punny and has already generated a lot of "good" answers in the minds of the evil trawls. But I'm really interested in this question. I will explain why.

1. I read reviews. And many of them are not very flattering. Often those who unsubscribe talk about the MMO-oriented gameplay. Knowing the combat of DAI and adding mmo elements to this, I draw a conclusion that is not the most flattering for the game. This is still aggravated by the fact that I played Guild Wars 2, where combat for MMOs is very, very good (a character, depending on the class, can wield several types of weapons and combine them in his hands, getting different skills and fighting styles as output) . That is, this item can be briefly described as follows - Is the gameplay interesting?
2. Smoothly moving from the previous paragraph - is there an RPG in the game, as such? Dialogues that affect anything other than flirting or not flirting with party members? Any real choice? Winning back?
3-1. Why didn't I play and check it myself. Bekoz of prologue. You won't see much in the prologue. But what I saw did not please me. Fights are so far boring clicking one button and periodically 123 (like in mmo, yes).
3-2. Character Creation. Created already 7 characters. In the editor look more or less. There are some freaks in the game. The presets for men are sad (for elves it's just PPC). Hairstyles like from a show in Milan. I never liked Apache hair for Skyrim, but here they are! Where is the usual ponytail? Where is the hair in the plait a la Khal Drogo? It feels like you spent 4 hours at the hairdresser's before setting out on your adventure. Yes, and then you can not change the appearance anywhere else, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, and the choice of beards: stubble, a little thicker, thick stubble. Mustaches, mustaches with bristles, mustaches with thick bristles. Beard. A beard with stubble, a beard... you get the idea. And this is in the game for 1500r.

In general, all this is very, very hindering me to start playing. I just don’t know if it’s worth wasting my time or is it better to play something else?
38 Comments
Sort by:
I
I3ender 03.03.22

Xelimber
armor appearance does not change? let's count))
DAI:
- 3 main skins of the inquisitor on the body, with slight external changes in coolness (you can count them separately because the appearance changes but slightly, so we will assume that 3)
- several types of unique armor for people (exact I don’t remember the number, armor of templars, adventurers, inquisition, etc.)
- 3 types of gray guard armor
- 2 types for elves,
- charter armor for gnomes and legion armor 2 types
- a bunch of different boots and shoulders that also add variability
- for each character their own types of skins for armor and shoulders / legs.
most of this can still be crafted with different fabrics and metals
In total, more than 10-12 different skins, not counting the variability with a bunch of shoulders / legs just for the inquisitor!
DAO:
- 1 type of light armor
- 1 type of medium armor
- 3 types of heavy armor + 1 type of templar with a skirt (can be considered as unique for Alistair)
- 2 types of clothes for the mage
- Morrigan's unique armor differs
in color from material and texture, rivets, different drawings, just a texture, the shape of the armor is the same!
- as many types of perches and boots as armor
Total 7 types of armor skins for all characters .... + one for morrigan + one alister

Well, yes, there is much less armor in DAI))))

x
xSaimanx 03.03.22

- 1 type of light armor
- 1 type of medium armor

There were 2 types of light and medium armor.

These are 2 lungs, the same was with the middle ones. Plus there were sets.

Yes, and more heavy, not three. By the way, there were heavy armor and armor :)

Armor of zeal, elven armor, from heavy ones. The armor of the juggernaut, the legion of the dead, the armor of the guard-commander, the armor of Cailan, my favorite armor of effort and the armor of divine will arising from them, the armor of the chevalier and more. And that's just armor.

Why simplify? :)

I
I3ender 03.03.22

xSaimanx
yes, you are just a genius or even worse))) firstly, the screen of female and male armor, I did not consider sex (as in AIM, although there may not differ by gender), secondly, I repeat once again with caps. MODEL OF LIGHT MEN'S ARMOR IS ONE. THE DIFFERENCES ARE ONLY IN THE TEXTURE OF THE ARMOR! For the rest there.
- the armor of the jaga-guard of the commander-kaylan - the same model, the texture is different!
- legion of the dead-heavy dwarves - one and the same, textures!
- just heavy with 1 shoulder.
total 3 types of heavy armor in shape. + templar with a long skirt, the top of the armor is the same as that of the jug with a different texture.
elven and zeal armor is the same heavy model with one shoulder, so it does not count, again, the difference is only in textures.

While in AIM they are different both in form and in texture. And I considered armor of different shapes, i.e. model differences. If we sum up all possible options in general, take into account both model and texture, then the difference between DAO and DAI will be in favor of DAI by 20 times or even more, given that metal / leather / fabric can be combined. Therefore, I only counted the number of different armor models.

x
xSaimanx 03.03.22

Light armor (men's and women's)

Light riveted armor (men's and women's)

and Dalish in addition

Medium scalloped

Medium plate

armor of Cailan and commander's guard

The models are similar, but the perception is different :) Already there is enough variability of armor.

PS: Are you sure you passed DAO?

I
I3ender 03.03.22

xSaimanx
rukalitso)))
Do you know how to read Russian? Do you know the difference between the words MODEL and TEXTURE???? Not?? then the conversation with you is over.

x
xSaimanx 03.03.22

Well, clung to the textures. Yes, considering that in DAO, any class could put on any gear (even a magician, under certain conditions). That both variors and horns could use duals and onions by the way :), the variability is many times greater.

so-called. class is no longer so relevant, no matter how you balance the classes, you will never achieve the perfect balance. Combination is the future. Even MMOs are beginning to understand this, take the same Archeage. And once understood Biovar, take Neverwinter nights.

M
MeXaHiK_ 03.03.22

The game is completely empty. I advise fans of DA to go and then once.

E
Elcardia 03.03.22

Spoiler As for me, the best part is the original. In the first part, the atmosphere was darker and more real, the plot could have been influenced much more strongly. Although there were not 40 endings, they differed significantly. And then some incomprehensible heresy at the end. I liked the side quests of the party members the most here. All who are in the group are quite interesting personalities and it will take quite a lot of time to unravel the character of each of them. I did not like that there were few screensavers.) . When I realized that the main villain is Corypheus, the desire to play immediately decreased. After the Asylum fell, the game became just like a mmorg: you run around, do some kind of moronic quests. You wear flowers on graves or kill demons in the location.
I would say this:
- the plot is not bad, but probably this is a preamble to something interesting, because after the credits there was a promising intro. In addition, there were sooo few purely story missions and epic intros for me.
- the graphics suited me perfectly
- the character editor is also good, I created my own very quickly. Of course, sometimes it infuriates that their hair seems to be greasy or smeared with something.
-a fairly extensive network of additional tasks, especially quests from companions.
- a wide range of possible romantic relationships. All the characters are revealed very well, in my opinion.
Somewhere in the video I watched that you can break bridges there or throw enemies off beams or something. I didn’t find this in the game.

A
AndralStormborn 03.03.22

Of course it's worth playing, a pirate, it's not worth buying. The game is interesting in its own way, there are beautiful locations where you can run around, the plot is not bad, but a bit short, it’s not enough for me.

And yes, DAO is better.

i
iggins911 03.03.22

Hello, I should play the first and second parts

E
Eynart 03.03.22

I would like to speak in defense of the fight. Many people complain about stupid clicks with alternate switching on of skills 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4... Yes, in skirmishes with equal in level or weaker groups, this is exactly what happens, especially when the players don’t even bothered to adjust the difficulty for themselves and at least include damage on their own. But when playing on a difficult or a nightmare, the battle with enemies is a couple of levels higher and - a must! - with friendly damage turned on, it turns into a difficult tactical task, where you have to fight exclusively in the tactical camera mode, thinking through the deployment of the squad, diverting the ogres to the tank, picking up small things in a pile and attacking them with AoE skills, so much so that they don’t hurt, using interclass combinations and other things. Even in the certainly excellent DAO, I often found myself thinking, that I spend almost all the battles according to the same scheme: I paralyze, freeze, slow down the boss, kill smaller enemies in turn by attacking them in turn with the whole squad at once, then the whole squad concentrates on the boss, if a new trifle appears, I start the same. In DAI, not every ogre succumbs to the effects of incapacity, and constantly makes you somehow get out and experiment.
Best of all, the combat shows itself in battles with dragons. In DAI, IMHO, the best dragons in the gaming industry so far. Let me explain: In DAO and DA2, we fought with them like this - party members stand in their places, beat the dragon methodically and monotonously, from time to time stunning him with a stone fist when he grabbed the tank with his teeth. In Skyrim, they stupidly strafe and shoot them with arrows and spells. In DAI, dragons periodically flap their wings in such a way that magicians and archers get it no matter how far they stand, after which they have to be placed again, a limited number of potions forces them to actively use barrier spells, tank skills, with which you need to be able to replenish the scale in time defense, the dragon also often takes off and starts firing fireballs, which forces you to change the location of the detachment again and manage to get away from the flying projectile in time. All in all,

About the gameplay in general. Yes, it is clearly seen that the locations and their quests were mainly made for the MMO planned at the beginning, but the elaboration of landscapes, the filling of locations with interesting places, notes, books about the history of the world, the ruins of ancient temples, useful finds like gnome runes that can be used in crafting your runes, all this is done very meticulously and even with soul. Plus, some locations are also pleasing with the opportunity to somehow influence them: somewhere to restore destroyed bridges to get to new places, and somewhere to dump water from the reservoir, opening a whole flooded village and an interesting story about "shades of gray and the smaller of two evils."
Quests of party members and conversations with them gradually reveal their characters and make them gradually (albeit sometimes slowly) become attached to them no worse than in past biovar games. There are well-directed videos, and heart-to-heart talks, and funny situations, and interesting twists and turns that make you figure everything out as soon as possible.

According to the options available. Yes, the number of choices is not at all large, at the level of Mass Effect and a little more than in DA2, but the elaboration is very good as always, a lot of details and details, which, although not often "branch" the quest, but almost always produce the effect of personal responsibility and the logic of what is happening. The courts also often make their contribution: what to do with a person who himself asks for execution, but in fact ended up in this situation against his will? And yet, there are also subtle threads that are not visible at first glance, but in the end lead to a change in the character and views of the characters (for example, my Leliana did not obey the Inquisitor in the temple with a nun, I thought that this was how it was conceived according to the plot, but other players said that it was different for them). In general, the scale of the "elections", in principle,
Spoilers on who will rule Orlais, who will become the new High Priestess, whether the Gray Wardens will be expelled from Orlais, whether Hawke will survive, etc., etc.

And also the number of cases that fall on our shoulders - the requests of party members, tasks on the command table, great plot accomplishments - really create a feeling of managing a large organization, you can feel the growth of the Inquisition, you can feel the scale of what is happening.

Role play. Naturally, no one will let Corypheus swear allegiance, naturally they will not let everyone be sent right and left. Playing at the level of the same Mass Effect, maybe even freer at times. In general, everything here depends on the player, I have completely got used to the role of my Dalish and all the options that are provided to me suit me perfectly. I can always bark at the wailing, caustic Dorian, sympathize with Leliana, suddenly declare to Cassandra that the Church has become obsolete, laugh at the not very smart Blackwall, at first, when they asked me if I believed that I was Andraste's chosen one, I answered that I was a Dalish and believe in the ancient Dalish gods. In general, I am satisfied with the wagering, but for some this is not enough.

Yes, DA is not at all the same as it was in 2009, yes, interest often falls due to MMO tails, yes, some party members are rather boring (and who cares, I didn’t even take Sera into the squad, but for others, she is one of the best characters), yes, Cole is not revealed at all (it’s a shame that after the book The Split, where he was one of the main characters and seemed to be a very interesting character, in the game they made him a sluggish, useless robber, fit only for the role of an additional member of the squad), yes, the plot, by and large, is again about universal evil, and even rather primitive in its aspirations ... Quite a lot of shortcomings can be listed, but, IMHO, so relatively many jambs in the game are the result of its hugeness , the game is really huge, colossal work has been done, and it is felt.

And yes, in the end I don’t regret at all those 1500 rubles that I spent on it. And given that in my life I only bought the first Witcher, the first FEAR, the first Far Cry ... and that's it, it seems that this is an indicator that the game is really worth the money. Here.

Everything is IMHO.

H
HUNTER ON A DEAD 03.03.22

It seems to me to be that kind troll that is mentioned at the beginning of the topic ... to be by this ...
"Is it worth playing?" - it's like asking, is it worth living, for example, or is it not necessary to get a girl? I just heard a lot of negative reviews... and I really don't know... Well (I don't want to offend anyone), okay... okay... Of course it's worth it... The game is good, YES not the Beginning (this is the very first part, for a minute), but also cool ... in my own way ... I also advise you to fiddle with the previous parts ... I like the whole series IMHO ...

J
JC2667 03.03.22

uuuuh again srach on the old topic)) I will say this myself a lot of time and here and on other forums spent, reading thought to buy or not. All the same, I bought it and ... I regretted it. Too lazy to paint, but all the disadvantages that are attributed to her, they are, if it does not stop you, play. I was personally killed by quests of more disgusting shit, I have not yet seen, I have already written about this in detail somewhere in my opinion, although this is far from one minus of the game. But to each his own.

I
Ichigo_Kun 03.03.22

Old topic, in short:
The plot is completed in a couple of hours, but the developers increased this passage time with useless influence points. Nothing special, even the 2nd part looks better. Of the pluses - the locations are open after the passage of the plot and the very presence of a cooperative.
You could spend 2800 on something better, but not play it.

k
krrrwa 03.03.22

At the beginning, I was interested, the graphics are cool and I love RPG games. But after 30 hours I got bored. the game is monotonous and boring

V
Vasily_Gay. 03.03.22

This is a great game I advise everyone to play.

S
Sergey Gushchin 03.03.22

Guys, I'm sorry that this may not be the topic. But can someone throw off the Russian localization files dai already with jaws of hakkon, otherwise I have dai the English version but with the localization set and jaws of hakkon in English ((((

f
febll 03.03.22

If the fan and at a discount, and so the game is quite average.