3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
proxy_server 03.03.22 10:33 pm

Origins vs Inquisition (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Lately I've come across an influx of opinions that Inquisition is shit, because everything is NOT LIKE IN ORIGENS!!!!111adynadyn, and decided to express a couple of thoughts on this
: prescription does not make the slightest sense, this is a no brainer. And it’s unlikely that the old combat system will be squeezed into the modern game. Actually, a lot of old school RPGs with turn-based combat have come out now, if you like hardcore so much. And Inquisition is not about that.
2) Origins is overrated. Too much. The plot in it is banal with the usual biovar templates, the combat is by no means enticing, except that the characters are interesting and the music is well done. Craft is also weak and secondary, nothing new. Locations are small, mostly uninteresting and similar, although not to the same extent as in Dragon Age II. The system of classes and skills is not bad, but forgive me - only a shkolota can claim that this is such and such a hardcore old school. Run at least the same Nevetwinter Nights, see HOW MANY classes, skills, spells and races are there - and along with the full D&D system, and not the stump that is in Origins.

So here's what I'm up to. Inquisition is better than Origins. Because here there is something like its own concept, and not some kind of pseudo-hardcore obsession. Moreover, here even a banal stamped plot is perceived more pleasantly, because it is truly grandiose.

And what do you think?
39 Comments
Sort by:
F
FaNat1k002 03.03.22

I still remember the first part because of the wonderful music and good Russian translation. Passed more than half of the game 30 times, but never completely. Unit minus is the combat system :c

G
Goterias 03.03.22

There are no problems connecting the old combat with the action one. They tried to do it, but through one place. They threw out the tactics, and fooled them, added getting stuck in the characters, and, well, they ended it. And on medium difficulty, this is a stupid call of enemies.
Yes, it has large locations, but they are made exclusively for quests, go and collect 30 fragments, 10 herbs. Almost all locations are lifeless, only enemies spawn and move along the same route.
The plot was banal, that in the first part, that in the third. Gather a team and kill the main boss. But... in the first part, I had the illusion of choice. He wanted to be evil, indifferent, kind, cruel, but with his own rules. I could choose how I go to the goal. In the Inquisition, this is a problem, yes, we can choose between templars and magicians, between a hawk and a guard, but this was also in the first part. Where is the opportunity to kill so that the secret does not come out, where is the opportunity to burn the whole city, where is the opportunity to desecrate the main symbol of all believers on this mainland? Was there even one such choice in the Inquisition? No.
All the characters have also become one-sided. All good people. And all but Cassandra are not interesting.
Was Origins an old school RPG? No. Was it closer to the old-soul RPG than the Inquisition? Yes. If origins is a stump of unbelief, then the Inquisition is a stump of origins. After 4 years, few people will remember the Inquisition.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 03.03.22

Origins vs Inquisition
HammerVSSpoon.

IMHO, despite all the brewers' assurances about "going back to the roots", these games are so conceptually different that it's not very good to compare.

J
James_Mails 03.03.22

How can you compare DAOrigins with DA Inquisition, Origins was released in 2009 and Inquisition is almost like 2015, the difference is very big, especially since Origins was the first part of Dragon Age.
As for me, the new is always better than the old, and it was I who liked the Inquisition, because with the DA of Awakening they added a court (I saw tasks in the castle, but decided to start a new game for the warrior class...). Possibility to seize castles and so on...
One minus I personally didn't like was the "character customization", especially the hair color (there is no black :C).
Game Worthy of Respect :)

D
Dmitry Alexandrovich 03.03.22

Goterias
try to raise the difficulty to use tactics, no choice? and when you keep thinking about who to take to the team, which of them will betray you, or what method to use this table (I don’t remember how), and you still have a good choice to make in the palace, I haven’t gone further yet, if you played 5 watch and was blown away, then it's your mistake! I'm not saying that the game is a masterpiece, but it is very cool.

-
-Shane- 03.03.22

It makes no sense to compare these two games, they are really different, DAI is neither better nor worse.

But, despite the fact that DAO is one of my favorite games, I still think that its fans are now very driven.
AI in DAO was better? Yes, laaaaaaadno, damn it, don’t talk nonsense! Where was he the best?
Yes, there were more spells and skills, but in AIM they are more developed, even if there are fewer of them.
The music is awesome here and there, you remember, damn it, the chic ambient in the basement of Redcliffe or the song of the reverend mother. I generally keep quiet about bards in taverns.
About the fact that the plot in the DAO was better - it’s generally utter nonsense, that there is the most common classic epic from bioware here, but in the DAO there was actually no riddle, we went from the beginning of the game to killing the archdemon, so they came to him.

Yes, the management of feces, but not so much that it was impossible to get used to. I have long been accustomed to and do not pay attention to what some for some reason still piss with boiling water.

Don't like the action-packed click? So don't play on easy and medium, what's the problem?

The main thing is that AIM is no worse in what bioware games are loved for - in working out the interaction of the hero with the characters and the game world. I'm still at the very beginning of the storyline, just came to Skyhold, but it already seems to me that more effort has been put into the characters than it was in DAO. I can state this responsibly, since I replayed the DAO three months ago and my perception is not blurred by nostalgic feelings.

What really upsets me the most is the lack of Russian voice acting, with which immersion in the plot was much better.

A
Angelica04 03.03.22

Proxy_server
agrees completely.

C
Crazy_Doc18 03.03.22

To be honest, I like both Origins and Inquisition, so I won’t compare which one is better. They are both good games.

J
Japhes 03.03.22

I think that both games are good, but still Origins was a little better. I replayed it recently and refreshed my memories. Inquisition fell short of that bar of quality. Although she has her own trump cards, for example, grafon.

J
John Lokk 03.03.22

All developments of Dragon Age: Inquisition are taken from Origins in fact. The only thing that can hit Dragon Age: Inquisition is the graphics and the scale of the locations. I think the main mistake of the developers is dull quests and dragging out the main plot. If they had done quests with cut scenes in each location, and not just a soldier killed the mark, then the camp would have taken revenge.

Dragon Age: Inquisition largely copies Origins, for example, a demon that captured you in the shadows and again fight with the templars. Moreover, if they say that the plot is really not so long, then this does not honor the project. And pretentious cut scenes with views will not save you, this is the merit of the designers rather and the engine.

Although, in general, the game continues the traditions of the world and allows you to return to it again. A comparison with The Witcher 2 suggests itself, where many were indignant that it was short. However, the game also came out well. There remains the belief that Bioware will now take into account the wishes and make additional quests more interesting, tighten up the AI ​​and maybe give all the companions a horse.

B
Black Birds 03.03.22

There are people who are used to whining and complaining.
They amuse, they write that they played for 5 hours, complain about the game, the next day they will come back, play again for 5-10 hours, complain about how bad the game is, and so on every day. Well, if you don’t like the game, don’t play, why force yourself.

But in fact, the game has several shortcomings:

1. Camera during a pause
2. Command control on the keyboard / mouse during a pause
3. Inconvenient general control on the keyboard / mouse

All previous shortcomings are leveled when you play on the gamepad.

4. There are few dialogue quests where you can make some kind of alternative decision. In 99% out of 100, they don’t let you talk to the leader of the bandits / templars and other enemies, we just sweep everyone away under the joyful hooting of our team. :)
5. Battle melee with big enemies (dragons, giants). Too chaotic and uncomfortable, the camera is always twitching. You have to switch to the mage / archer and shoot back while the rest are swarming under the enemy. In combat, it was carbon monoxide in dragons dogma, when you could climb on a big enemy.

And so the game is good. The content and lore are heaps, the characters are cool, the plot is intriguing, it's interesting to play.
Ran so far 40 hours, lvl 16 robber with duals.

I
I3ender 03.03.22

Different games and both are good, somewhere pluses there, somewhere here.
DAI is better:
- Interaction with Persians, more dialogues, better novels, more scenes, and all Persians came out basically great.
- The classes have been worked out much more interesting, now it's really interesting to play with a shield or a shooter.
- Craft.
- Dragons epic!
- The race of your hero is much better worked out, which is much more often reflected in the dialogues and the plot. But this apparently can only be seen if you play not as a person))

In DAO it is better:
- Each new area with its own big problems and plot, a big plot accompanied by a cinematic series, in DAI the plot and epic are only in plot areas.
- Introduction and mood for the role.
- In the years of release, it was a breakthrough, and those impressions are already difficult to surpass.

The plot in both parts is at an acceptable level for an RPG. The music in both parts is excellent, but in DAI I generally trudge. The problem of DAI is precisely in open worlds, which at first are interesting to explore, but then it still gets boring and you stupidly score, besides, it makes no sense at all to explore areas where there are already prots below you level and loot, they poorly thought out this moment. Personally, for my taste, it would be better if they made fewer big worlds and more story stages, and at the same time it would be better to work out the problems and the story in each area, even if there were 2 times less of them! Then there would be a peach)) And so there are a lot of areas, but what for should I do something there? stupidly not interesting) Otherwise, they did a great job.

s
stasikusm 03.03.22

I played the first part and remembered all the mats that I knew.
I completed the quests in the gut forest and now I can’t get out of there... where the fuck is fast travel, why the hell should I study these dull guts and look at the loading screen every 5 minutes and how to get out of here!!?? Further, why couldn't jump be added to the game? In the same hellish forest, I ran along the path to the clearing, but I can’t go down to the neighboring clearing, please stomp back through the whole forest .. it’s just mega infuriates!
What's in the game with balance? After Ostegar, I ran to the werewolves, and they just stupidly tore them to pieces, I had to wet almost every crowd after a second, drinking all the potions that I had .. and this despite the fact that I threw almost all the points into the constitution, and the complexity was normal. What hardcore? Yes, it's just insanity, when a magician lays down the whole half with one volley and you don't even have time to drink the potion, and as soon as you manage to get it, the partners simply smear it. Maybe I'm in the wrong order, but it's just kick-ass!
And again, the locations are incredibly small, the most gutsy RPG ever! It feels like you are on stage in the theater, and they just change the scenery for you! and in DAI, apparently, there are other extremes, now the locks are huge, but there are even side quests like radian quests in Skyrim, it seems that they were created by a robot, not people .. Yes, Gothic 3 is just a masterpiece compared to this DAI of yours, but before I thought r3 was a kal-rpg.
Why do many developers, after creating something good in the subsequent parts, cut all this good out of the game, masochists or something ?! Piranha Bytes has a history with their rizen almost 1 in 1 like in DA.

U
UNATCO 03.03.22

Both are good.

M
MeXaHiK_ 03.03.22

Proxy_server
Moreover, here even a banal stamped plot is perceived more pleasantly, because it is truly grandiose.

You're talking nonsense, stop

S
Slonvprotivogaze 03.03.22

Two completely different games, only one at 8.7, and the second at 5.8, but, nevertheless, you can’t call it a bad game ... According to the plots, then (I repeat) nothing has changed at all since the time of NVN 2. The first part won due to the excellent individual stories + a lot of real choices and an amazing code (for the first time making you read anything other than dialogue) ... the scale was felt only in the Mass, right there ... I don’t see anything like that at all ... something - where some kind of story flickers, but the plot ... it’s like “in all” RPGs ...
PS - It was the vaunted scale that ruined this project in the bud with a very good potential (my opinion) This is where 5 episodes should be released, and not in any...

R
RicoChico 03.03.22

In the second part, the dialogues are more interesting than the third. In it, the characters are more colorful, which makes watching their relationship much more interesting.

M
MunchkiN 616 03.03.22

there were no turn-based battles in da0. the game essentially continues the concept laid down in NVN, in fact everything from locations to logic puzzles jumped out of the refrigerator and came to life.
saying yes0 was harder... - probably harder. there voschem released a patch that made it easier. and what's good about it?
Separately, it is worth touching on the graph. so, here, he (graphon) in yes0 was very weak. even in pedmak 1 it was more and more graphic although it is there on the engine from the same potsons only the generation before last from nvn.
in dai the graphic already looks more graphic than the graphic is worthy, therefore the graphic won.
Of course, both games have their drawbacks, plus it’s not easy to add them up and compare them in view of how much time has passed between the games. maybe because yes0 I liked it less.
but the light of truth is the light of the graphon

J
John 03.03.22

The author is on point! I fully support you! Playing Origins for the first couple of hours was interesting, then I just fell asleep playing it.

A
Alih 03.03.22

Come on, not a single interesting character... one big-eared elf daI is worth a bunch of Fenris and Anders. Take something with you, you will learn something new.
The game is in some ways worse than Origns, in some ways better. It would be because of what srach breed.