3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
proxy_server 03.03.22 10:33 pm

Origins vs Inquisition (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Lately I've come across an influx of opinions that Inquisition is shit, because everything is NOT LIKE IN ORIGENS!!!!111adynadyn, and decided to express a couple of thoughts on this
: prescription does not make the slightest sense, this is a no brainer. And it’s unlikely that the old combat system will be squeezed into the modern game. Actually, a lot of old school RPGs with turn-based combat have come out now, if you like hardcore so much. And Inquisition is not about that.
2) Origins is overrated. Too much. The plot in it is banal with the usual biovar templates, the combat is by no means enticing, except that the characters are interesting and the music is well done. Craft is also weak and secondary, nothing new. Locations are small, mostly uninteresting and similar, although not to the same extent as in Dragon Age II. The system of classes and skills is not bad, but forgive me - only a shkolota can claim that this is such and such a hardcore old school. Run at least the same Nevetwinter Nights, see HOW MANY classes, skills, spells and races are there - and along with the full D&D system, and not the stump that is in Origins.

So here's what I'm up to. Inquisition is better than Origins. Because here there is something like its own concept, and not some kind of pseudo-hardcore obsession. Moreover, here even a banal stamped plot is perceived more pleasantly, because it is truly grandiose.

And what do you think?
39 Comments
Sort by:
A
Angelica04 03.03.22

The plot principles for the most part are absolutely the same and banal (in the same mass effect 3 is absolutely the same plot):
1 . In the first part, we save the world from an army generated by darkness, led by an archdemon. Inquisition, we save the world from the army of demons, Teverwinter fanatics, red templars led by Corypheus.
2. In the first part, we are looking for support from the armies of elves, dwarves and people. In the Inquisition, we are looking for support from the army of templar-mages, and from the empire, plus other countries on the command table (optional).
3. In the first part, you are the last of the two gray guards, and only you can kill the archdemon. In the inquisition, only you have a magic mark and only you can destroy the rifts.
4. In the first part you have extremely diverse and interesting companions - in the third part it is similar. Where it is better to argue, I like them equally.
5. The endings are exactly the same - the victory over the great evil, the holiday, the last communication with the satellites and the happy ending. In the Inquisition, they only removed the probable ending with the death of the protagonist.
Finished with the plot. The combat system in all parts - I won’t argue about it as an amateur either, some people like it, some don’t. Graphics, well, comparing the game of 2009 and 2014 is kind of stupid for me to put it mildly. Let me just say that both parts for their years of release look great against the background of other RPGs of the same years of release. As for the control, well, compared to Japanese games, you can endure it, it didn’t cause me particularly strong problems. As a result, I like both games equally strongly, despite the extremely banal plot of the biovar, the fight against great evil, the great hero and his faithful team.

f
frantsyz 03.03.22

DAO barely forced himself to go to the end. These turn-based fights with the control of every hair and knuckle of the finger were boring. Almost all fights were of the same type and only the bosses were of interest. Yes, yes, tactics were needed. Locations are a corridor, which is shameful for an RPG. AIM passed 2 times, 224 hours. Never been bored

K
Ketonal 03.03.22

Yes, how the fuck can they be compared 1st it's a masterpiece and the point went through it more than 10 times and the inquisition console port and the fucking MMO played 60 hours and there is no desire to play the whole fucking system to collect everything and everything fucking collecting like in an assassin I'm not an EA nerd and just look evaluation of games on PG and everything falls into place 9.6 - 8.9 the leader is understandable.

g
guilpot 03.03.22

So many juvenile connoisseurs were born PPC) I remember Tao well, just like some kind of mega-old school and hardcore.
Guys, for me, hardcore is Arcanum and the first Baldurs, for some it's generally text-based RPGs
. , little talk, etc.) Nothing changes!

These are just your childhood impressions of getting to know the epic RPG! YES: Oh, it was a great game, but as time goes on, games become different - more dynamic, more beautiful, with a twist in multiplayer, etc. And there is nothing wrong with that. According to the subject - the Inquisition is a fucking epic RPG. This series and The Witcher now hold the whole genre - only they move it forward - this should be appreciated! I speak like a hardened rpgshnik)

B
Besmer 03.03.22

To be honest, I missed dao at one time (I don’t even remember what I was doing then), so my acquaintance with the series began and ended with da2 for me (it didn’t even last an hour). A year later, dai comes out, well, I decided that I still need to try it, people idolize it, but I remember da2 and am horrified, a week before the release of dai I bought dao and da2 (before that I tried da2 on a pirate), and then dao began genius. In 5 days, I completed 70% of the game 3 times and 1 time passed completely, in the end, only 2 days remained on da2, but they were more than enough for me, after passing about half the game, I spat and went on a new one to dao ( decided to make a killer combo-wombo out of a party of battle mages with auras, demolishing all life in its path). Finally, dai came out, immediately flew into it, the graphics are cool, the pathos is pathetic, the music is good, and it seems to be played not badly, but something is missing. I went through dai as a magician (I really liked the last passage in dao by a company of combat magicians), but after killing the second dragon (this is probably 20 percent of the game in total), a broom flew, and until today I have not installed a new game. Now I'm thinking of trying to pass as a warrior, but still comparing dao and dai, in my most unblurred of all the eyes present, all the rewards from me will go to dao (even the graphics, although old, but quite nice).
PS Congratulate me, at the same time today I started about 20 races in swkotor, I haven't played it for a long time.

B
Black cloak. 03.03.22

Only an idiot would argue that DAI is better than DAO.
And yes, I have played both, so I have the right to compare.

K
Katastrofik 03.03.22

Alih
Exactly. Have you tried to play a chess game with Bull on the board?

H
HUNTER ON A DEAD 03.03.22

Yes, both are cool, only in their own way ... The kopeck piece noticeably sags between them ...

S
Shreps 03.03.22

Origins went through 20 times, I can’t force myself to go through the Inquisition a second time. I’m not saying that the Inquisition is UG, I was waiting for it very much, when I started playing I was very happy, well, then everything went away, the whole plot was forgotten I remember the plot and
then Corypheus was remembered because of the 2nd part, no matter how boring or bad it was, I liked it and even went through it 5 times. (The Inquisition, of course). If you forget Origins (and this will not work, for those who passed), then the Inquisition is completely playable and beautiful.

I
Ichigo_Kun 03.03.22

Origins is great, but Inquisition disappointed: The plot is boring, the expected consequences of the elections, the enemies are simple, everything is simplified.

f
fatima5000 03.03.22

The taste and color .... Correctly they say. I am more and more convinced of this. As for me, the Beginning is many times better than the Inquisition. The game was released six years ago, but still playing it is not boring, unlike the Inquisition. Personally, at first I fell asleep well under the Inquisition. Then somehow I got used to the adits. The main story is played over two evenings. I still remember how stunned I was by how quickly the main story ended, and therefore the game. In general, what to rant. Verdict - Beginning 10 out of 10, Inquisition purely because of the more or less normal plot 4 out of 10.

j
jane334 03.03.22

the origin is the best. there, each class and race has a separate prehistory and gender, the race affects almost half of the dialogues in the game, unlike the same skyrim. you can replay the game 6 times and it won't be boring.

M
MeXaHiK_ 03.03.22

guilpot
This is just your childhood experience of getting to know the epic RPG!

On the one hand, you are certainly right, but ....
Here's a vivid example for you - Terminator 1 and 2 vs 3 and 4 parts. Yes, the effect of novelty played its part, but with a different director and scriptwriter, and if Arnie had not been in the lead role, what would have happened?
My opinion is that DAI was made by the wrong people, they couldn't convey the spirit of DA, and EA also limited the time.
With all the beauties and virtues of Frostbite, the replay value is at a very low level.

s
shockburst 03.03.22

Origins is just a great game! I probably went through 30 times, I also went through the second part many times, but DAI village barely passed once ... I can’t go through the second time, I don’t have enough strength ... terribly boring ...

m
mcbrut 03.03.22

Origin is better than 2 and Inquisition
is clearly overrated. Playing in it, I did not feel that epic that was in Origin.
Inquisition pops Galimaya.

S
Stanislav Yurgenson 03.03.22

One drunken line from DAO Oghren is worth all the characters and dialogue in Inquisition, let alone the rest.

M
MeXaHiK_ 03.03.22

Stanislav Jurgenson
Only one drunken replica of Ogren from the DAO is worth all the characters and dialogues.

pix.playground.ru
Ogren is a truly funny and interesting Persian. I agree 100%, the replicas are incomparable. Most often I took it with me, and amuses and wets the enemies hard. And in Inkva there is no such thing as Oghren, even Varric was blown away in this part.
SpoilerOgren: Hmm. Yes. It's kind of tense here.
Alistair: You think so?
Oghren: You know what I do to relieve stress?
Alistair: I'm afraid to even imagine.
Oghren: Rubbing an old friend.
Alistair: Really.
Oghren: Yeah. True, until it shines. First with a dry cloth, and then I add a little fat.
Alistair: It's disgusting.
Oghren: Are you saying that you never laid hands on your weapon in your life?
Alistair: I think it's too personal.
Oghren: Really? Well, stupid rules you have in the Church. I so much prefer to do it out in the open.
Alistair: Like, in front of everyone?
Oghren: Yeah.
Alistair: Wait, what are you talking about?
Oghren: No, what are you talking about?
Alistair: Forget it.

Oghren: So what happened to the authorities?
Alistair: What?
Oghren: Somersaults, I say, with the authorities?
Alistair: I don't understand.
Oghren: Did you crush the weed?
Alistair: What are you talking about?
Oghren: Frolic, if you like.
Alistair: What are you talking about?
Oghren: I jumped while lying down, rode a two-legged horse, played a beast with two backs.
Alistair: Are you making this up right now?
Oghren: No, I've been collecting all my life.

Oghren: You know what would be very useful to you?
Alistair: A pair of nose plugs?
Oghren: Go and find yourself a girl. It doesn't matter which one, as long as she doesn't wear pants.
Alistair: What makes you think I don't have it?
Oghren: I can smell innocence from a mile away. This is a gift from the ancestors.
Alistair: And useful, I bet.
Oghren: It doesn't come in handy very often. I'd rather smell cheese a mile away.
Alistair: Please accept my sincere condolences.
Oghren: Yeah. And you too.

Oghren: You know, you could be a little nicer to me.
Wynn: Hello? For what?
Oghren: I just saved your ass! When this creature ... and you don't even remember.
Wynn: I'm sorry, I...
Oghren: Nothing, it's all right. Next time I just won't interfere, that's all.

Oghren: Look, Wynn... how do you know so much about ale? Maybe you have a great story about a debauched youth in your stash?
Wynn: Actually, my friend, it's not that interesting. It so happened that the pacified magicians of the Circle are brilliant alchemists, and they brew not only potions. We always had a pitcher or two of ale on the dinner table.
Oghren: Ugh, I swear on my pants... Maybe when this is all over, I'll talk to one of those quiet mages.
Wynn: Subdued.
Oghren: Subdued, quiet, insipid... what's the difference.

Oghren: Too bad I didn't know it would take so much walking to save the world on earth.
Zevran: Tired little feet?
Oghren: I thought these guys would have mounts. Horses and all that.
Zevran: In Orlais, perhaps, but not here. If you want, I could carry you on my back.
Oghren: Hey, just don't start your...
Zevran: Yes, yes, get in and I'll ride you on the backs like a child! Amazing entertainment!
Oghren: Sharp-eared chimney sweep! Yes, you can’t lift me in life!
Zevran: Mmmm. Maybe if you sober up, take off all your weapons, cut off two feet of your beard...
Oghren: Aw. I give up. Let's move on.

Oghren: Wow, what would I do to you...
Morrigan: Phew. Again it's staring at me...
Oghren: Oh. Did I say it out loud?

Oghren: You know you couldn't hurt me even if you wanted to?
Morrigan: Really?
Oghren: Dwarves are immune to magic, woman. You can't do anything to me.
Morrigan: Nothing? What if I kicked you in the groin, for example?
Oghren: Ui-yu-yu.
Morrigan: Would you like to check?
Oghren: Not necessarily.
Morrigan: Well, look, the offer still stands.

Morrigan: Dwarf, you are disgusting. Do you think I didn't see anything? This was my scarf.
Oghren: Bah! I had to blow my nose. The bloody air above tickles your nostrils.
Morrigan: You had no right to take someone else's thing!
Oghren: Don't squeal like you're naked. You can take my handkerchief, I don't mind.
Morrigan: If you have a handkerchief, why didn't you use it?
Oghren: And he's too dirty. Yours was cleaner.
Morrigan: This is unbearable! Fool, don't force me to test the strength of the dwarf's vaunted resistance to magic.
Oghren: You promise everything, you promise

S
Stanislav Yurgenson 03.03.22

MeXaHiK_
If one character is ready to lower the whole game into the dirt with his only remark, then the answer, I think, will be obvious which game is better))

p
project077 03.03.22

stasikusm
in DAO there is a quick transition and you don’t have to remember all the mats, open your eyes, and then open the map and you will be surprised to find a quick transition, for example, from Brecilian Forest you can instantly get to the Dalish camp, and not
run for example, it was good without him, in ME he hasn’t been in the whole series yet. And jumping from one clearing to another is not possible in all places and in DAI
What's in the game with balance? Much respected friend, do you know what tactics are in DAO? choose party members in tactics so that 1 attacks a ranger who bludgeons you and that's it, he will stun him and live in peace, read about tactics and you will be happy
But about Gothic 3 I completely agree with you and I'm sorry if I offended