3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NeXDevil 04.03.22 02:00 am

Laptop with 840M card and new drivers (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello, I have this problem. card 840M. I don't know what's wrong. The fact is that on drivers 344.75 everything is fine, but on newer drivers after version 344.75, the core frequency starts to decrease to 135Mzh! Example I play the Witcher 3, everything is fine at high 20 - 25 fps! Bam! reducing the core frequency to 135Mhz and everything in the game 5 fps is not realistic to play, etc. Such stupidity in all games including WoT. Of course, you can set the drava to 344.75 and not suffer .. But damn it, all the top games go very badly with them and sitting on old dravs is not an option ... Who knows what this problem is ?? computer Intel core i5 6GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 840M 2GB Win8.1. He has a friend who has a similar system, he is on new drivers and there is no such problem, although there are many people on the Internet who have such a problem with the 840M video card. What could be the problem? Bios? Wrong installation of firewood? it honestly looks like Unprecedented throttling that underestimates the performance of the video card. vidyaha heats up to max 68 well up to 70 degrees no more. Help people and tried everything, I'm not a stupid person in this rummage. But there is simply no way to solve the problem. :(
25 Comments
Sort by:
m
mavlan01 04.03.22

There was such a shnyaga, like you play, you play, everything is fine and then bam, and the FPS drops to 5 and everything even though you crack. It turned out the virus sat down, disguised as steam. Check the processes, if you have extra steam in the processes, or google about such viruses and how to treat them, the antivirus and other antispyware did not find it ...
PS that's all of course if you haven't fixed it yet)))

M
MrGryaz 04.03.22

Although I will be showered with minuses, I will say one thing! the laptop is not designed for such games as the Witcher, to drive mobs and all sorts of WoT, but not for top games with good graphics. Although if a laptop for 200 thousand then it will roll, but in my opinion it is advisable to buy a stationary for that kind of money.
PS 840m in my opinion is the problem, not the video card.

T
Tim7472 04.03.22

NeXDevil
According to the subject, there are a lot of complaints about the latest firewood, that they artificially limit performance. I'm on gt740m, so far I haven't seen anything critical. The only option is to sit on the old wood until you beat the game, or when Nvidia releases new ones, put them on and see what happens.

T
Tim7472 04.03.22

NeXDevil
PS By the way, is it really possible to squeeze FPS above 30 out of the Witcher on your card?

T
Tim7472 04.03.22

NeXDevil
I can also advise you to download Nvidia Inspector, see the priority temperature setting