3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mr.berry 04.03.22 11:14 pm

Ladder restart and bankruptcy. (Diablo 2)

Good day to everyone. I’ll say right away that I’m not one of the fathers of this game, but I have quite a solid experience. The bottom line is this. Please explain to me why it was necessary to restart the ladder? I’ll express my opinion now. and the advantages of this extremely dubious in my opinion undertaking.

So let's start with the cons. If you are not too lazy to read, I will tell my story. After a long break (the last time I played in the 2000s and didn’t have much gear), I returned and started playing with a friend over the network, communicating via Skype. Trial and error on 3 character, I finally got a very decent gear. There was a lot of gear for several characters. I didn’t go through the Uber quest, but I wanted to. I left this activity for later. and the thought of the presence of gear warmed the soul. And just recently I decided to return and immediately stopped playing for an understandable reason. Everything accumulated by long work was gone.
So the cons of this venture in my opinion.
1) In my opinion, this is simply immoral. This game already takes too much time if you want to have a normal gear, and then they just take everything you have accumulated from you.
2) The outflow of players. The game is not new. Even such a legend, due to its antiquity, cannot be popular. This applies to all old school games. Only veterans remain and everyone has their own reserve of patience. Well, honestly, I still want to play, but again I no longer have the desire and patience to go to Mephist, Baal and the Countess 1000 times. So there is a run on pvp, hang out on br, but start such a long journey from scratch. In fact, the server will lose players in this way.

Pros:
1) While playing, I met so many snickering, greedy and vile nerds who ask for a small or a pool for garbage. These people, seeing that you need a thing, simply do not know honor and can ask for the entire inventory for it and this will not be enough for them. these freaks have lost everything the truth warms the soul.
2) An insignificant plus. Previously, you were dependent on your gear and having all the top gear for forty, it would be too lazy to play as a druid despite the desire to create this character.

Bottom line: Maybe the idea in the name of maintaining order and balance is not bad, but there are obviously a lot of shortcomings. Still, the opinion of the majority is strength, but the opinion of those who disagree must be taken into account. This is human. restart is more civilized and, for example, in special cases, do not overtake a character in a non-ladder? As an exception, consider my case. There is good equipment for 1 character. full right because we will spend a lot of time and knocking out, bargaining for it.

For the rest. If there is something to say on the case, I will listen with pleasure, but I ask you to keep mockery, trolling and insults to yourself.
88 Comments
Sort by:
p
passed 04.03.22

Why should I suffer because of this?
Play single with funny pictures.

o
obsessed 04.03.22

embarrassing. neighed. :-)
bdsm, nahg'ena you tg'at your vg'emya on this asshole? :-)

T
T Fox 04.03.22

TS troll.

F
FeeD959 04.03.22

On the topic...
1. The influx of players with a restart has only increased, motivating many oldfags to play from scratch on an equal footing with everyone.
2. On off-servers every year there is a restart.
3. ~1000 runs on a mef or whatever in this game is just negligible.
4. The whole essence of the game is not in gear, not in lvl, but in the community of players who are here and spend time together (sometimes not together).

f
firkax 04.03.22

Only veterans remain and everyone has their own reserve of patience
, you write some kind of nonsense
if you have been playing for a long time and have played enough, then it's time to do something else, and not whine
if you haven't played enough, then play and also not Noah
In fact, this is how the server will lose players.
the server does not need players, the server needs electricity (like all computers)
it doesn’t need anything else for its existence,
but whether you personally need the server or not is already exclusively up to you

L
Ladder_new 04.03.22

This is a game for nerds who have no privacy. Sit in non-ladder or single.

o
obsessed 04.03.22

pvpmasta , I honestly didn’t read the topic much .. :-) I only looked at a couple of phrases and realized that people were floating somewhere to the side .. the server

doesn’t need players personal life Ladder_new, it's not so bad ;-)

L
LeoHao 04.03.22

Well, the author, as he was a homeless person, so he remained. I am sure that his gosu-uber-schmuber wind druid would have been dressed for a hum at most.
And in order to play, you don't need cool things, you don't need locomotives. It is enough to remember that the whole season is ahead and farm feasible mobs for your pleasure. My forty in the single killed everyone ... But no, that's not it.

d
death228 04.03.22

the author of p.. touches his zeal to contact the administration in order to transfer his Persian from the non-ladder))))
why does such an Important person need d2 at all?)))

d
death228 04.03.22

that feeling when you are ashamed of the afthora .. or even ridiculous, somehow)) Write the
author, at least what kind of gear do you have there?)) at least I’ll laugh at maleh)))

P
Patza Vats 04.03.22

mr.berry, write your acc so that sympathetic and compassionate players can help you.

R
Rivnyanyn 04.03.22

mr.berry
Imagine a picture. You played for a month, the second, you got tired again and you merged. Five years have passed, you have been overcome by nostalgia (or something has changed in your life). You returned to PG, and lo and behold, your forty is still in the ladder. You go into the statistics and you see a person of twenty 99 level, tobish in the top you have no time to be. You can’t dress cooler than others either, because there are only 15-20 people left online (there is no one to trade with), of which there are a couple of fans-packers who take turns trying to cut off your ear)))
You will play in a password-protected game alone- alone, somewhere in a month, you will get bored again and you will merge again.
Most of the local users hold on because of the presence of a competitive element - pvp, state gear, a place in the ladder, each has its own goals. Carrying out a rezet is a common thing on any server, and just the same, on PG you have ~ 3 years for everything, and not half a year or a year, as on other servers.
So answer me the question: why should the whole server revolve around you?

b
bomzh-boris 04.03.22

it’s nice to realize that after the restart I didn’t get poorer at all, as I was a homeless person, I remained so

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 04.03.22

the range of likes in this topic characterizes the community well)

P
Patza Vats 04.03.22

I also have a lot of other things to do. And in the evening it’s quite possible to play for an hour. Why should I suffer because of this?

Because the game was then created. :)

o
obsessed 04.03.22

The thought that these freaks have lost everything really warms the soul.
Spoiler The administration either hasn't read it yet or doesn't want to return the zakarum and Um rune to me, everything is clear, you all are gone,
and you still pay me a freak, and you are all the same freaks.

k
kewelldkny 04.03.22

Yesterday I wrote an official letter to the administration, signed and dated. In the letter, he correctly stated that I did not have the opportunity to devote much time to d2, wrote my employment, attached documents about work, marital status, dacha affairs, well, in short, everything is as it should.
Below I noted that during the reset of the ladder I lost half a smither, and in the new season, there were financial difficulties with the purchase of a 40th stick. In the final part, I summed up by saying that I am not asking for a freebie, but just asking for the return of my favorite smithor - krushiteltristrama.
The answer came quickly, though not entirely clear.

"We will think" Administration.

In general, I wait until, as it will be known, I will inform you.

U
Uncle Fred 04.03.22

I wrote too! I'll call you later! I only needed two runes before enigma... let's get the nonladder back, comrades!

o
obsessed 04.03.22

kewelldkny, damn it! I want to return Ani from Non! I'll write to Alera, thanks for the idea!

I must say right away that I don’t belong to the fathers of this game, but damn it, I have quite a solid experience
, just like it was said about me! .. :C

S
SergeyS1988 04.03.22

toje napisat wole pis'mo odminu, mne toje budet dostato4no vernut odnogo persa s merkom rasumeetsa.