3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrSmoke67 05.03.22 12:35 am

Time travel? (Fallout 4)

I came across an entertaining video on the net:
Spoiler
In it, the author analyzes the first trailer, points to a character similar to the main character. In the moment where people run to the shelter, he is standing at the fence, but the most interesting thing is that a second before the transition to the next scene, he simply disappears, dissolving into thin air. Maybe this is of course just a bug that got into the trailer. But what if in this way the developers hint at the presence of time travel in the game?
After all, if you remember, then in the second part of the game, traveling through the wasteland, the Chosen One could stumble upon the location "Guardian of Eternity", in the center of which there was a large stone ring. After passing through it, the main character got to the 3rd level of shelter 13, only 80 years ago, and the only goal was to break the water filter. The first game actually began with Vault 13's water filter breaking and the Vault Dweller being told to go outside and find a replacement.
Given this, and in addition, the wild fantasy of Bethesda, I dare to suggest that in the new game, time travel is quite the place to be. What do you think about this?
26 Comments
Sort by:
S
Syndicate 2016 05.03.22

MrSmoke67
The video starts well, it doesn’t show, but I clicked on youtube and watched everything

A
ArtySoldier 05.03.22

It's possible, but I'm not 100% sure.

M
Man without conscience 05.03.22

MrSmoke67
It's G-man...
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

M
MrSmoke67 05.03.22

Csgashnik
At me it is launched. Is the sound coming? If the picture is in the video, try to pause and shoot, or scroll a little. It happens here.

G
Geodesist89 05.03.22

He is in a suit of asylum. And it looks like GG.

g
gmh4589 05.03.22

MrSmoke67
It seems to me that there are suspicions. He really looks like the hero of the game, and stands on the sidelines, as if watching ...

x
xixDemonxix 05.03.22

Geodezist89
in fact, he's in a suit, he's worth watching the trailer again in HD, this is the Persian of the protagonist, fuck the plot there will be what you need! I love games with time travel, and even more so a game that you change the plot yourself! huge + conversation!

w
we get what we deserve 05.03.22

It will be interesting to see this in the game.

B
Barack Kamacho 05.03.22

yes, one to one Persian from the presentation

S
Simply The Cat 05.03.22

HOLY SHI~ what's next? Illuminati dogs?

B
BlackWolfTL 05.03.22

Maybe just an easter egg

O
Oleg Lisitskii 05.03.22

option 1: we-g-man (observer, 25%)
option 2: we-Gordon Freeman (remember teleportation from place to place in hl1 and hl2?, 25%)
option 3: we-gg from singularity (those who played will understand ,fifty%)

S
StaticSaysMyNamE 05.03.22

At first I didn’t understand anything, and then I didn’t understand anything again ... however, I figured, according to the presentation, the inhabitants of the town did not seem to have time to get into the shelter before the explosion, so theoretically, if this is not a bug of course, this could be a hint to how GG survived the explosion, namely, he jumped in time and went to the shelter earlier, well, as an option

L
LeopoldoMendoza 05.03.22

I wonder then how the timeline was changed. And how was it really? Surely this is due to what the main character actually achieved in fallout 4.
For example:
the original
UN timeline was not disbanded. Therefore, it did not come to a nuclear catastrophe. However, the aliens attacked and gouged everything, humanity was not ready. Then the Vol'tec, with the last of his strength, creates a time machine and sends the agent into the past.
New timeline
Our gg is sent to the past, it somehow causes a nuclear war, the warned vol'tec creates a lot of escapes, the purpose of which is the only one - experiments to create weapons to fight the aliens. Because of the nuclear war, the aliens think that humanity is destroyed and do not attack, one way or another giving odds. Having completed his task, he arranges the salvation of himself in this timeline, which otherwise would not have had time in the shelter.

In the game, we will face a dilemma: go back in time and try to prevent a nuclear war and deal with aliens, or leave everything as it is, but have problems with people (radiation is all fruitless, plus 97% are infected with FEV).
A short period of play in another timeline (in the original, where there was no nuclear war) is also possible if gg chooses the first.

Also, without loss of generality, you can replace "aliens" with "FEV super mutants", that is, a catastrophe according to the resident evil scenario, only instead of their virus, the FEV virus.

E
Ennxte 05.03.22

Or maybe GG will just have parishes, and he, as it were, looks at his memories from the side (wat?)

k
kostya-moscow 05.03.22

I think it's a common bug

L
LeoBig220 05.03.22

Where did he find such a clear frame??

A
Alexey Ostrovsky 05.03.22

I think that one of my acquaintances told him why people live in shelters, they say China and America staged a nuclear war and everyone hid in shelters, and he imagined how it was and was an "invisible observer"

M
MrSmoke67 05.03.22

LeoBig220
full hd video, I didn’t find normal ones on YouTube, but in the Steam trailer the quality is good, it’s clearly visible there.

P
Prostouser 05.03.22

damn, the trailer is made on the game engine, and looks more like a bug, or rather, as I think they took a free camera and forgot to remove the GG from the frame. But I want to believe in time travel.