3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Biglittlemath 05.03.22 01:17 am

Game Experience (Contrast)

Such a wonderful game and in such an environment ... I don’t understand why not a single topic has been created yet?
As for me, it's just a delightful idea with the play of light and shadow; and what atmospheric scenes with dialogues of characters! It seems as if you found yourself in an old movie, and under the jazz songs that take your soul, you are simultaneously watching from the side, and at the same time interacting with the characters. The level design is incomparably consistent with the style of that era, which cannot but rejoice. Now only on the second chapter, but it already seems that the developers have tried their best.
Of the minuses, there is just no anti-aliasing, and even through the driver it does not turn on.
3 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverius 05.03.22

Stylish puzzle platformer that looks better than it plays.
The plot of the game tells about the nine-year-old girl Didi and her silent imaginary friend Don, who helps her on the path of family reconciliation and in search of a real father.

The main feature of the gameplay is based on switching between 3D and 2D modes, because the main character Don is able to move into the "world of shadows" and become completely flat, thereby overcoming the necessary obstacles and solving puzzles. Alas, this one chip is not enough to pull out the whole game. You get used to it very quickly. And the puzzles in the game are too simple and of the same type, as a rule, these are manipulations with light sources (to enter that very "shadow") and dragging a box from one place to another. The plot, although it is of interest at first, but in the end it turns out to be rather boring and too "family" (by analogy with films), the girl Didi does not want to empathize at all.

What's good about the game is the style. Everything is as it should be, it was with its visual style that the game attracted my attention, and it was thanks to him that I went through it to the end. But on the whole, alas and oh, "average" for two evenings.

5/10

G
Glock11 05.03.22

In terms of feel and genre, the game can be safely compared with Limbo and Portal. As is often the case with First Person Puzzles, the game, due to the plot, music and general surroundings, turns out to be much deeper and more interesting than, at first glance, a platformer should be. Interesting retro-stylistics, the general slowness of the action, elements of surrealism and a peculiar presentation of the plot a la Shadow Theater create an amazing atmosphere - either peaceful or disturbing.
The plot, although somewhat cloying and anachronistic in relation to the depicted time, still makes us empathize with our touching partner Didi. At the same time, after a happy ending, he suddenly turns upside down, turning the story of a girl running away from family problems with an imaginary friend into a fantasy world, into something like Bioshock Infinite... .

A
Anderby 01.07.22

Contrast on PS3. 100% -- Collected all collectibles.

Very short story three-dimensional platformer. The game feels quickly assembled in some kind of editor - there are no jumps every once in a while, the heroine constantly T-poses, the game starts right from the gameplay, the font is used by Silent Hill's (Downpour), the end credits are cut off. Moreover, Contrast in everything feels like a game of the sixth generation of consoles, it is so original (then almost all games were made on their engines and therefore felt peculiar). The idea with shadows is good, but it is implemented quite crookedly, and the duration of the game is only two or three hours. But I liked the plot, the general style and the setting, it is quite worth the passage.
Spoiler