3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 17.11.19 12:59 pm

The CPU usage is at 100%

I have the old computer Athlon XP 1700+. Use it to run DOS-programs (installed Win.XP, but the DOS programs are run through the motherboard with AGP).
Set it 2 the game (under Win.98 and ME) in 2000 and 2001 (on Intel with Win.7 x64 on the Intel Win.XP, these games do not run, but on Athlon XP 1700+ they work well). When you run these games CPU is loaded on 100%, even in the menu. Reduction settings in the game does not reduce CPU usage. The processor is not heated. The graphics card is loaded with 50%.
AMD Athlon XP 1700+: CPU=1,47 GHz.
Who dealt with such ancient computers, tell me what could be the problem.
37 Comments
Sort by:
o
onvoid 17.11.19

I read in Internet, Win XP and Win 98 is a different platform
probably should be put in parallel Win 98

I have a computer at alone 1700+,
could you tell me the names of the games you can put yourself and figure out how best to run them

only the sound is buggy, for 2 columns, you have to put like mode 4, or the sound of wheezing, and during the lightning ceased to work built in network card, but it is fixable

v
vftor 17.11.19

onvoid
onvoid wrote:
probably should be put in parallel Win 98
Win.98 is a DOS emulator, but the Windows is very unreliable. Win.XP AGP motherboard more reliable, and can run some DOS programs. I think that the download percent is 100% tied to Win.XP.
onvoid wrote:
could you tell me the names of the games
1. Star Wars.Episode 1 - Racer.
- Year of manufacture: 1999, 2000.
- System requirements: OS: Windows® 98. CPU: 1 GHz 32-bit. VIDEO: 98 MB DirectX® 9. RAM: 128 MB
2. Master Rallye.
- Year: 2001
- System requirements:
OC: Windows 98/Me/XP. Processor: 1.6 GHz. Video: NVidia or ATI Radeon with 256 MB. RAM: 512 Mb
onvoid wrote:
for 2 columns you have to set the mode for 4
It's like 4 ?

My computer is Athlon XP 1700+
- CPU: was of 1.47 GHz, dispersed to 1.84 GHz.
- RAM: 1.0 GB DDR. was 1470 MHz (133 MHz x 11), dispersed up to 1834 MHz (166.7 MHz x 11).
- Video: Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB. The resolution on the monitor: 1280x1024

o
onvoid 17.11.19

if you think the problem of 100% CPU load is not related to Windows XP, it means that
1) wrong game(broken), to find other versions of the assemblies this game and try them out
2)wrong driver, download the drivers from the developer's site of the motherboard and the video card, it is advisable to install XP again, and install the correct driver (write the motherboard model, I'll try to find it for firewood)
3)broken HDD, install Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 5.30, it will show information on the HDD and if there's bad sectors it will transfer them to another location, HDD would work better, I have so old Windows has stopped running, I ran Windows Live(this is Windows loaded from the CD without installing to HDD, i.e. hanging in the RAM), if you have Win Xp Zarzuela install it on Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 5.30 or any other version

4)broken RAM , is, the program Memtest86+, to check RAM, there are different old assemblies to restore Windows
here's an article on it: https://www.pc-user.ru/view_post.php?id=88
I myself have where was the disk with a program that can be loaded when you boot the PC
in PC to leave only ONE die DDR, and test not less than a night
I had a case that the PC does not run Memtest86+ have tested for about 2 hours and all tests were normal, but the PC does not start
left to be tested at night and in the morning ,the program Memtest86+ there were red lines that say that some tests are not passed, then DDR-ka broken(emission)
in another case, the other PC runs but is unstable worked, sometimes(randomly crashes blue screen) and hard to slow, began to test the RAM Memtest86+ and found a few broken DDR-OK, replaced the other normal and the PC came to life, works this one with the soundcard and network card flew ,

and on account of the mode in 4-d column , this is not necessary, it is my old computer of problem ,but nothing, and it turns out that it outputs audio to the 2nd column of the 4

D
Dogmit 17.11.19

vftor
the processor it's time to dump

o
onvoid 17.11.19

and to begin, remove acceleration
Aida32 test there is a Stress Test totally ship percent PC-chip materinskoy fees if temperatures are normal and the PC falls out in BSOD , then fine, but Hard Disk Sentinel Pro and Memtest86+ to be sure

v
vftor 17.11.19

onvoid
1. Now this ancient PC drivers can not be found, and what is left on a CD from 2000. Also the old RAM has to be found. Recently changed the bar of RAM on 2-core Intel with Win.XP somehow found/used on Craigslist. The same Win.I have XP and on another computer it is OK.
Percents are loaded on 100% and overclocking. In my opinion acceleration are not affected.
2. Also and games, in the Internet, somehow found and downloaded.
3. About the HDD. 40 GB. Speed recording/play. = 59 MB/s. It is certainly not enough. Took the Athlon XP 1700+ the other b/u HDD=80 GB. Set it Win.XP SP2 and measured - Speed recording/reproduction. = 59 MB/s, same as on the 40 GB. Weird. Can download percent depend on the speed of recording/reproduction. ?

v
vftor 17.11.19

Dogma
Dogma wrote:
the processor it's time to dump
And what if the DOS program to run. Only on such ancient and they work.

D
Dogmit 17.11.19

vftor
On dos emulators

v
vftor 17.11.19

Dogma
Dogma wrote:
On dos emulators
So a DOS emulator is in the Win.98, which can only work on an ancient computer.

D
Dogmit 17.11.19

vftor
so take in 3-4 thousand sistemnik under the same seven and (put it on dos) you will be happy

v
vftor 17.11.19

Dogma
I checked it out. Not set Win.98 2-core. He needs 1-core and ancient.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 17.11.19

DOS Box, Virtual Box.

v
vftor 17.11.19

Sanchez Ramirez
Sanchez Ramirez wrote:
DOS Box, Virtual Box
This is understandable, but why have these complications. I still have 2 ancient computer that I use under DOS, and these ancient games set in the appendage for entertainment. Still have 2 x core (for the common needs and games until 2005) with the Win.XP and Win.7 x86 and 4 core (game) Win.7 x64. So everything has its place.

v
vftor 17.11.19

onvoid
Here is the data on the motherboard:
Athlon XP 1700+ - KT400-8235. BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD v.6.00 PG (09.26.2002)
Athlon XP 2600+ - GA-7VAX-a BIOS: Award Software International, Inc V. F2 (08.10.2004)

o
onvoid 17.11.19

regarding 2nd ,understand that this is a Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A
Driver here must be original.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-7VAX-A-rev-10#support-dl-driver-audio

and 1st can't say, because KT400-8235, is a feature of many motherboards need the name of the company
the KT400 chipset and the South bridge 8235
need the name of the manufacturer of the 1st motherboard

v
vftor 17.11.19

onvoid
Athlon XP 1700+: motherboard:
- manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc
model KT400-8235.
the manufacturer of North. bridge VIA
- model SEV.bridge KT400 (VT8377)
the manufacturer of the South. bridge VIA
model South. bridge VT8235
- CPU: AMD Athlon XP. Thoroughbred. Socket A (Socket 462)

o
onvoid 17.11.19

please take a photo of the motherboard, as clearly as possible ,that would be the whole motherboard included in the photo

v
vftor 17.11.19

onvoid
Unfortunately I can not, I have nothing to photograph and even cell phone.
Drivers Athlon XP 2600+ downloaded. I didn't have them. Thank You Very Much.
If You are so not difficult, you can still drivers on Athlon XP 1700+

o
onvoid 17.11.19

on the motherboard itself, there is the name and model
directly remove the PC cover and locate the label, and write them here
KT400-8235 such motherboards a lot, a lot
there are several ways to determine the name of the motherboard
1)
2)
3)https://ok.ru/video/9276491082
according to the 3rd method, you need to install AIDA 32

I will be glad to help, but if you know the full name