3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LittleJoke 05.03.22 10:26 pm

Gtx 770 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Owners of this video card, how many fps does this card give you in loaded places? In a lot of places I see how guys with 770 say that on ultra-high or even ultras (without hair) everything is fine for them, fps 40-50+, below 30 it doesn’t fall anywhere at all and all that. Here, I made a video where I show my FPS at medium-high, ultra-high and ultra (without hair) in rainy weather in vronnitsy and undergrowth: . As you can see, on ultras without hair, there are generally 20 fps, on medium-high (medium draw distance + shadows, shading ssao, no hair, everything else is high, there is nothing on ultra), exactly 30, in the garden of vronnits for a couple of seconds up to 28 -29 falls. Is everyone in the same situation? Because I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that people with the same hardware say they play with 40+ at ultra-high)
PS Iron showed at the end of the video - 770, i7 3770, 8gb, full hd, the latest drivers for vidyuhi.
80 Comments
Sort by:
W
WWQ 05.03.22

Pon4ik007
Well, sorry, my Internet connection is weak (
it will open when I share it.
PS here is a reviewer
http://www.playground.ru/blogs/witcher_3_wild_hunt/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_v_1_04_test_gpu-144911/
by the way, in terms of performance, and there appears 770 though for 2 gigs, if you add overclocking and another 2 gigs of memory, then the FPS that I talked about will come out, well, you can see in the video.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

WWQ
Which game is missing two gigabytes of video memory at 1920 x 1080 resolution? Especially if you remember the fact that most new games are ports from consoles, and there they didn’t even think about such a amount of memory. Therefore, such a volume is useful only in Battlefield 3 and Metro Last Light.
It turns out that four gigabytes is an unnecessary luxury? No, but let's just say three is enough, especially when you increase the resolution. For this reason, the GeForce GTX 780 is very well suited for 2560x1440, and the AMD Radeon HD 7970 is still relevant.
Conclusion: At standard resolution, the difference in memory is minimal. How much does a witcher eat???? Yes, and acceleration will not give much. I already drove to those frequencies that you indicated.

W
WWQ 05.03.22

Pon4ik007
3-3.2 eats, overclocking gave me as much as 7 fps, and on such an uncomfortable edge as 30 fps + - this is essential.
PS For example, GTA 5 eats 3.5 for me, dying light - 3.4 giga, but almost all new games 3.2+ haw.

o
oceloteqt 05.03.22

Pon4ik007, how about MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR?
She lags worse than watchdogs, zhta5 and other nextgens ..

W
WWQ 05.03.22

I ran stubbze00790
, ran for 10 minutes and deleted it, I didn’t like it, but I don’t remember the lags, it seemed to go smoothly.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

stubbze00790
This is the first game to eat that much.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

WWQ
And I use the RAM for swapping and this levels the difference.

W
WWQ 05.03.22

Pon4ik007
Vidos booted up and a new driver came out, the kepler was optimized normally, now you can even play with hair, though 30-32 fps is not very ... but you can)

L
LittleJoke 05.03.22

WWQ
Watched your video. Firstly, you filmed it in a not very demanding place - in the same vronnitsa or undergrowth in which I shot mine, the fps is 5-10 lower (+ it was raining, which also took away some of the fps). Secondly, you had global shading turned off, completely, not even SSAO - you yourself showed it at the beginning, turned it off while you were still in the field, this also gave you an extra 5-10 fps. And you didn’t show what your grass drawing range is (only 1 time you entered the “general” settings and didn’t scroll to the end, and it’s this setting that eats the most after the hair). But even if we assume that the drawing is on the beyond, you still fell to 31 in this village. Turn on HBAO+, go to the top of the crowns/undergrowth (with the old driver) and get those same 22+ fps. And there are a lot of places like vronnitsy / undergrowth in terms of FPS in the game.

P
Pon4ik007 05.03.22

LittleJoke
That's what I told him about, but they told me otherwise.
The new driver gives from 4 to 8 parrots as a plus: a trifle, but nice)))

B
Black_Sunlight 05.03.22

Set the draw distance to low, and the rest can be set to ultra (well, play around with the settings without touching the draw distance)

T
Traun 05.03.22

Gigabyte gtx770 2gb
Shadows and grass on medium, the rest on high (not ultra) hair off.
at least 37 fps was, so it holds in the region of 40-42. The game does not work very smoothly on any settings, I can not understand why

D
Destroyer_26 05.03.22

Gtx 760 palit JetStream, Fhd, medium high settings, 30 fps lock, no drawdowns. But I have a temperature limit of 60 degrees, that is, the vidyuha resets the frequencies. for this vidyuhi norms? I just think to remove this restriction

W
WWQ 05.03.22

LittleJoke
Hbao + and I turned on the sharpness, then cut it out, it hurts my eyes, I did not notice the effect on the FPS. And about the drawdowns, I said so above that I didn’t see less than 31 fps, and in your city without hair, 34-36 fps normally keeps on the outrageous ones.

C
Caliscan 05.03.22

Keep the quality of water and shadows to a minimum. The draw distance is medium or high. shading - ssao. And be sure to see that there is a full screen mode, and not windowed without frames. He eats fps and adds friezes. Everything else can be set to ultra. If it still slows down, then either a lock or a resolution of 900r as in Juan. FPS will immediately increase.

L
LittleJoke 05.03.22

WWQ
Sharpness does not affect FPS, but shading still affects it, I can't imagine how you could not notice it. I'm currently sitting on ssao because there is + ~ 4-5 fps, and if you cut it out, then there will be the same increase. If the city holds 34-36, then I would shoot a video there, because it was about the city, why was it necessary to shoot in the initial village. In any case, your video did not show anything new. there is no demanding location, no outrageous settings, everything has remained in words. And now the new driver has already come out and the FPS will be about the same as you are talking to him.

F
File_X 05.03.22

In the SLI GTX 770 2GB (everything is set to high, in post processing only anti-aliasing is on) it produced 60 fps in the fields, in the forests and villages it rolled down to 45 (the feeling of constant inhibition just infuriated), I solved the problem simply, turned off vertical synchronization and the fps rose to stable 55-60. PS NVIDIA Hairworks Off

K
Kosolapyi1 05.03.22

Guys, how are things with the new patch? Has the performance been improved? I can't check yet.)

T
Thomas Sevchenko 05.03.22

If an increase of 1-2 fps is considered an increase in performance, then yes it was increased.

V
Valentine2009 05.03.22

LittleJoke
I have 770 for 4GB and a frequency of 30-60 ... (all settings are on ultra except for shadows and vegetation rendering distance, these parameters are on "high" and Hairworks is off...