3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RedBlack23 10.03.22 12:10 am

Which iron is better to choose? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In general, I have already asked more than once, but I want to clearly dot the I.
At the moment, my config:
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
Proc: Intel Core I3 - 3245 3.40GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Monitor: 19 inches ( max resolution 1280x1024) and this is the most important, because. I consider system under it.
Actually, when changing from low to high graphics settings, the FPS practically does not drop (quite a bit).
What should be changed in order to enjoy the game at least at 30fps at high settings?
I will be grateful for answers.
68 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eroppo 10.03.22

ingvar_taver
and where is there confirmation of the nonsense about the incompatibility of some colors of video cards with shades of processors? What is a bottleneck in the normal sense, I did not ask - this is already known

v
viktorvvv555 10.03.22

RedBlack23
You fucked up a new topic to open, everything was explained to you in the last one

K
Kutelev Dmitry 10.03.22

First read here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Optimizing-The-Witcher-3.aspx

Went on Core2Duo E8600 (dual core 3.33 Ghz, 6mb L2) without strong subsidence ), 16 GB DDR3, Radeon 5870.

Grass range at minimum, textures are average, the rest is maximum. Hairworks off.

G
GTX7J 10.03.22

If it's good, then the processor needs to be changed. on i5 for gaming. because i3 is more suitable for multimedia than for games. moreover, the LGA1155 platform has been discontinued and then it is better to change the motherboard to Socket LGA1150. Now there are games that do not support dual core processors. But in your case, you need to increase the RAM to 8GB. to buy a video card here you already need to look at its length so that it fits in the case and on the power supply so that it is enough. well, for the price. first of all, change the video card and increase the RAM. I would personally consider building from scratch. you need to know how much you are willing to spend and the power of the power supply.

w
warp 37 10.03.22

GTX7J, what's stopping you from getting an Ivy Bridge generation Core i5? Performance is still in place.

S
Scorponozhek 10.03.22

lookaway
Well, of course, you're a "wise guy" and it's not given to you to know. And what do you personally have in Novigrad on my side, I say because I know. The R9 270 differs from the R 270x only in a lower frequency, Google is to help, and before you blurt something out, are you right))
ZY . And yes, I made a reservation that 270x is not overclocked, but 270 is underestimated in frequency, but this does not change the essence, otherwise one to one ...

G
GTX7J 10.03.22

warp 37 unless used i5 is more expensive than 6 thousand rubles. otherwise there is no point in paying for a stone for a dead platform. because a new one costs the same as a similar one for a platform that will support 5th generation processors. it is better then to buy a new mother for no more than 5,000 rubles. take the stone to her. all new and under warranty. for example. MSI H97 PC Mate+Intel Core i5 - 4570 OEM+ GTX970 and play fine. than throwing away money for R 270x or something like that)))

I
IOne86 10.03.22

RedBlack23
I advise you to download PlayClaw http://www.playclaw.ru/download.php , it can be configured to show the load in percent of the processor and video card. So you can find out what the game is missing.

For example, if the video card is loaded at 99%, and the processor cores, say, at 50%, then the performance rests on the vidyuhi. if the vidyuhi load is less than 99% - to the processor.
Keep in mind that in order for the processor to have all the cores 100% loaded (assuming that the game rests on the processor), the game must have perfect optimization for multithreading. Sometimes there are poorly optimized games that can only load one core, while Windows evenly distributes the load between the cores, and PlayClaw can show the core load, for example, at a maximum of 50%, while the game will still rest on the processor. In The Witcher 3, optimization for multi-core is decent, and the cores will be loaded by 90 percent if there is enough video.

If there is not enough RAM, Windows will use a hard drive instead, which is much slower than RAM, in games this usually manifests itself as slowing down for 1-2s when data is read from the hard drive. Also, when you exit the game, the desktop will take a long time to load. due to lack of memory, it was transferred by Windows to the hard drive, when the game exits, it is loaded back into the RAM.

S
Scorponozhek 10.03.22

lookaway
I also have full video in Novigrad, the percentage is not fully loaded. Yes, and look at the tests, you will see that it is not a processor-dependent game. As for these videos, they are both renamed 7870th, so you know (the frequencies are different only) 270th is changed to 270x in 2 minutes (although it’s better to just overclock to frequencies even higher than 270x). Try to flash the bios from the 280th in the 270s)) How tired are you of couch analysts, well, nothing soon on September 1, you will become smaller.

S
StavaasEVG 10.03.22

In order to play comfortably for a year or two: take the i5-3570K Ivy Bridge, 8 GB of RAM from Kingston and video from sapphire - starting with R9 280x there are video cards that will be played more or less comfortably.

For the rich:
Prots is better to take with a huge margin - i7, but not the top one, but some kind of i7-2700K Sandy Bridge
RAM for the future 16 GB from kingston, savage, 2 bars It is
better to take a video card Sapphire R9 380 4GB, or R9 390 8gb, the price difference is small. MSI does not inspire confidence in this line, because. all 3xx cards support 4 or more monitors, and MSI have lowered the number of monitors to 3 in ALL new videos.

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
In Novigrad, my ps fell even more, and another moment...
In the task with Keira Meitz (or whatever it is), you stupidly run around the cave, no cities and people, and in this cave, my fps was very large, well, 40 I would give offhand, with high-medium settings.
So all the same, it's in vidyuhi?

S
Scorponozhek 10.03.22

RedBlack23
In vidyahe and in lack of memory, I watched your video takes out this game, not without difficulty of course)
It seems to me that your system is still dirty, Windows has been installed for a long time and how are things in other games, programs?
This is what I mean by what you said after closing the witcher, your computer cannot recover for another 5 minutes ...

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
By the way, there is a lot of truth in your words))) Windows has been standing for 4 years already, and even before it worked much more stable))) I launched many processes and everything worked perfectly, for example, installing a game, a torrent, and I watched a movie, and no problems it wasn’t, now it’s difficult even to launch the browser when installing the game))) Does it make sense to update Windows?

S
Scorponozhek 10.03.22

RedBlack23
Was that a rhetorical question?))
Although I monitor the system and the computer as a whole, I reinstall Windows once or twice a year ...

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
Hmm, I have to try, thanks for the tip))
By the way, I got excited about Novigrad, I'm already used to it, but in the city I have maybe even a little more FPS than in Velen

S
Scorponozhek 10.03.22

RedBlack23 Try of
course, save only everything you need somewhere and format the disk, put Windows on a clean one.

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
I have two local drives, C and D, and usually I format C)))

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
I'll try it now, then I'll unsubscribe what happened)

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
Reinstalled) The system crashed, and the Witcher began to work more smoothly, but still not ideal (it's understandable). After exiting the game, the computer works fine, no brakes))
I actually wanted to ask where it is worth starting the upgrade, from the RAM and video card?

R
RedBlack23 10.03.22

Scorponozhek
in short everything at once and at a time)))