3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lllllllama 12.03.22 02:05 am

I don't understand Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed: Syndicate)

As you know, Ubisoft released a lot of games on the same (almost) engine.
It was originally called Scimitar:
- Assassin's Creed
- Prince of Persia (2008)
- Shaun White Snowboarding
Then it became Anvil, but there have been changes and improvements in many aspects:
- Assassin's Creed II
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Next came AnvilNext:
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Assassin's Creed Unity (AnvilNext 2.0, has graphical improvements)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
And a version of the engine called AnvilX (I didn't see any difference from AnvilNext 2.0, at least in gameplay videos):
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate
And now the question is: Why tell people that the new version is completely different, a previously unseen engine created specifically for a game? This problem has been around since ACIII, and now Ubisoft claims that the next part of the series is being developed on a completely new engine (I'm talking about ACSyndicate and its AnvilX)
PS Information about engines, their names and games is taken from Wikipedia.
26 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya233 12.03.22

Nobody understands them...

s
satium 12.03.22

Ilya233
more proofs, about where they said "on a completely new one", because there can be many options ....

N
NIxonMars 12.03.22

This is a common marketing ploy.

I
Ilya233 12.03.22

sattium
The user made a mistake?

S
StalkerVirys 12.03.22

managed transport appeared, optimization improved (I hope), we worked on tools for developers, a lot of little things. so in the end, and on the new version of the engine typed. and you don't have to see a big difference in the finished product.

M
MudrichenkoO 12.03.22

They have a normal engine, but not for shooters, but for games like Assassins Creed, everything is super, I like it with the engine, there are no problems, but with the plot

L
Lllllllama 12.03.22

StalkerVirys
A new version of the engine, but not a different one!

A
Adamantokha 12.03.22

And what should they be understood, they are Bablorubs in Africa - Bablorubs!

S
StalkerVirys 12.03.22

George Dark
but I have not heard about the fact that the engine is completely new.

L
Lllllllama 12.03.22

StalkerVirys
They repeat this almost every year. At the beginning of the topic, it was not in vain that I took these games as examples, but now I also remembered how they told before the release of Unity that they would change the opinion about the series and the gaming industry as a whole. Here they are, Yubiki.

S
StalkerVirys 12.03.22

George Dark
is all they say.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 12.03.22

George Dark
Do you know what all the developers are saying now? No one even utters a word in the direction of Battles and Kolda, although they have more abrupt flights, but someone just decided to shit on the AC series and they began to imitate him, and now this is already a mandatory procedure on the AC blog. If they say a new engine, this should not be taken literally, Yubikov has a new one - it means a modified old one, when will people like you begin to understand this?
In general, it is well written, but the text does not carry absolutely any semantic load. And by the way, exactly the same blog was already created last year, it's starting to become a tradition to make a blog about the AC engine before the release of a new game in the series.

K
Kosolapyi1 12.03.22

When you understand, write back)

L
Lllllllama 12.03.22

Pavel0198
Blog? Where is the blog?

L
Lllllllama 12.03.22

Pavel0198
And, I forgot to say, I am one of the many fans of the series, which only makes me want a better product, not an engine check (as happened with ACIII and ACUnity). Everyone has already come to terms with COD and BF. And about the fact that all the developers say this, I doubt it, Rockstar with RAGE can be an example (fans listen and improve it, while Ubisoft experiments on the engine, replacing already well-working parts, but rarely listening to fans).
PS If you haven't noticed in the list of games developed on Anvil, there are not only AC games, but also others (it's just that Ubisoft is experimenting with the wrong series).

A

George Dark
I'm kind of a fan of the series too. I haven’t paid attention to the endless stream of dirt from degenerates and schoolchildren for a long time, they always don’t like everything. There is no such game to which they have no complaints.
And experimenting with the game engine is their business, if they want, let them do it, they must somehow develop the series. Unity was a trial copy on a new engine, Syndicate, I think they will already do it right.
By the way, Ubisoft has an interesting game, very similar to Black & White, called From Dust, I advise you to take a look, you play as a certain deity, it personally dragged me in, it’s a pity that it’s short.

L
Lllllllama 12.03.22

Pavel0198
Already played, I liked it too. In general, I don’t really like god simulators and other games of similar content, but this one dragged me out thanks to the original gameplay. Maybe I'll replay it soon.

I
IrisAllen 12.03.22

Pavel0198
Well, the opinion about the series was largely turned upside down, or cranked, in general, it didn’t turn out well ...

A

IrisAllen
I agree, right now it feels like you're not playing a killer clan simulator, but a revenge simulator. In every game, GG takes revenge on someone, since at least the Black Flag has gone far away in this.
In general, the standard of the series is the first part, I still hope that in some of the parts they will again make a bureau of assassins, they came, they gave you a goal, they gave you a feather and ran to extinguish the goal, you don’t need all this garbage with revenge. Also perform preparatory tasks in order to learn more about the goal, absolutely everyone will play such a game and no one will say a bad word about it.

D
Dr_Drift_RU 12.03.22

George Dark, here you are approaching Yubik from the position of the consumer, saying "I think this is stupid." But Yubiki is a commercial company, their goal is to cut down the loot, at minimal cost, the costs also include reputation.
Probably the mass consumer reacts better to a lot of small information stuffing. That "unique dviglo", then "grafon is cooler", then "a new word in the series", something else. In fact, they seem to have more accurate sales records than we do. And since they behave this way, it means that it makes sense and there is no threat to reduce sales. According to this conclusion: You can at least wrap poop in candy wrappers, while they are willingly bought.