3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Malice 12.03.22 02:05 am

Choosing between GTX 970 MSI Twin Frozr V GAMING 100ME and GTX970 Gigabyte GAMING-4GD which is better?

25 Comments
Sort by:
R
Red Barels 12.03.22

Palit GeForce GTX 970 JetStream GPU Clock 1152
MHz
GPU Turbo Clock 1304
MHz

F
Filis 12.03.22

Malice
Better than MSI, as for me, they are more reliable. Also, where do you get these prices from? We have at least 4-6 mowers more expensive than these models (Krasnoyarsk Territory).

Z
Zlobniy_KOT 12.03.22

Malice
Everyone will have the same memory structure, cooling is different for everyone and overclocking is different for other manufacturers, the most silent is ASUS STRIX and MSI TWIN FROZR V. for the quietness and normal operation of the card at good frequencies, msi coolers do not work until the temperature of the video card reaches 60 degrees, by the way, it costs for such a price in the REGARD store but in Moscow (at least I saw it only there) about the frequencies everything will be fine there too and stable. I haven’t heard about frame drops in 970. In short, the best choice is the version from MSI, it’s quiet chasing to the maximum and it’s not so expensive (by the way, I’ll take it myself) the gigabyte version is also good but long and a little noisier.It’s pointless to worry about memory, if it were that everyone starts to lag, then everyone would demand a refund!

L
Lisstoman 12.03.22

Malice
You seem to be in general 0. The problem with memory here is from the 970 chip, and not from the company. On all 970 memory is divided into 3.5 and 0.5. Differences only in factory overclocking and CO

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Malice
In the GTX 970 MSI Twin Frozr V GAMING 100ME, the memory is divided into 3.5 and 0.5, they say if all 3.5 use starts the brakes

for all 970 memory 3.5 + 512.
The brakes start when the memory is filled over 3.8 GB. Tested by experience, playing GTA 5 in 4k resolution.

As for the chokes, it seems like the noise comes only after 200+ fps, it's not scary.

chokes squeak not all cards. This. if we get lucky. I have two cards, one squeaks, the other does not. Moreover, the squeak of chokes is treated programmatically.

The forums recommend Gigabyte GAMING-4GD, but its coolers work even in idle time.
Here people write that Gigabyte is worse.

Gigabyte GAMING G1))
This gigabyte has 2 relative disadvantages. The length is 312 mm (it will not fit into every case) and the turntables in idle work at 1600 rpm, in a load of more than 2000 rpm. When the MSI Gaming / Asus Strix is ​​idle, they are disabled, and in the load within 1400-1500 rpm.

Then the price of GTX 970 MSI Twin Frozr V GAMING 100ME is 20010
and GTX970 Gigabyte GAMING-4GD 20510, it doesn't matter at all.

Get MSI GAMING 100ME. You will get a glamorous rug with the face of Pagan Min) in

order to show off))

S
Sirines 12.03.22

Isn't the work of coolers in idle time regulated by software? Even the unloved by all palette has this function.

D
DjDuke 12.03.22

What kind of nonsense about burning? GTX260 stood for 2 years, GTX680 for 3 years, there were no problems from the stove, now I’ve been using the GTX980 SuperJetStream for a year, it’s cold, quiet, with factory overclocking - I’m happy like an elephant, it works flawlessly.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Sirines
Isn't the work of coolers in idle time regulated by software?

so that the vents are completely turned off - you can’t programmatically configure it, you need to edit the bios.

I've been using DjDuke
now GTX980 SuperJetStream for a year, cold, quiet, with factory overclocking - I'm happy as an elephant

burns a palette of strife. pech 970 from palita - mediocre cards. On a shortened board, CO is mediocre.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

how much you can grind this dull topic , the
memory of all 970 is the same and differs only in frequency in different models with overclocking
, so if there was 970, let's say 8 gigs, then that was another story. since it is addressed from the graphic chip.
I also did not observe a convincing decrease in performance in the tests.
the next is what is expected from the card and what are the priorities when assembling the system. here, for example, pitch noise frightens me along the length of the body, I am also almost unlimited. and someone may need a quiet stump so that they can fit into the middle tover without a file. if we choose non-reference, then based on the default and the number of power contacts.

S
Sirines 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Strange, but my coolers completely stop.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Sirines

and who said that they don't stop at the stove? Stop.
Above here they talked about gigabytes, here his turntables are shoveled at 1600 rpm in idle time.

c
cold light 12.03.22

I have a GTX 970 MSI GAMING, not 100ME, I took it at the end of October 2014, I’m very pleased with the card, I don’t experience any problems, it doesn’t beep, I don’t overclock (I don’t see the need - everything goes to ultra, including Witcher 3 with hairline).

-Sergey Viktorovich-, can I have a photo of the rug and its dimensions?

s
saa0891 12.03.22

I've been using MSI cards for quite some time, 580 I was pretty hot, in 780 I was just a gorgeous card, quiet and cold.

And the new MSI line (970,980) uses a new very efficient and quiet cooling system and a very cool cooler operation algorithm, the coolers do not spin at all without load, the temperature is kept within 30-40 degrees, as soon as the temperature reaches 50 coolers turn on.
I have an MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G, I'm very satisfied, you just watch with your own eyes how every generation of cards get better and more efficient, as well as CO.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

Cold light

Please.
Size: 325mm x 245mm
here

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

saa0891
as soon as the temperature reaches 50 coolers

60 turn on.

s
saa0891 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-

There seem to be three different modes.

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

saa0891

You are confusing the operating modes of the card (quiet, nominal, game), included in the program that comes with the kit, and the operation of the fans.

s
saa0891 12.03.22

-Sergey Viktorovich-

I'm talking about them.

c
cold light 12.03.22

-Sergei Viktorovich-
Thank you, and the rug is thick, right? I have almost the same, differs only in the picture

Spoiler

-
-SK.art- 12.03.22

saa0891

are different things. The card turns on the fans at 60 degrees, regardless of the modes.