3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
soulfox 18.03.22 01:01 am

Best Spells/Prayers in the Game (Elden Ring)

Share which spells/prayers do you think are the most useful/effective, why do you think so. And where can I find/learn them.
For example, at the moment it is most convenient for me to use the Comet enchantment - the magic of shiny stones.

This spell was found in the Lukaria Academy, in a secret room in front of the red wolf boss. Eats a lot of mana, but also hits hard.
But the spell of the full moon, which can be exchanged for the soul of Rennala, was not very pleasant. It casts for a long time, hits the area - but the radius is small. And the damage is rather weak, despite the fact that it eats a lot of mana.
24 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lokonisto 18.03.22

Can you tell me what you need to cast prayers? Like a bell, as it was in dse or something else? And where can I get this bell if I didn't start as a cleric

s
soulfox 18.03.22

Lokonisto
For prayers like seals are needed. Blunt weapon

W
Watapachi 18.03.22

Lokonisto
for magic staff, for prayers of the seal (there are two such bells, on pendants) only xs where he took it already, fell out of the mob like

L
Lokonisto 18.03.22

Watapachi is a
shame, just as soon as he got the horse he immediately killed the rider and the dragon and fell into a trap that takes him to the swamps, well, he lurked there and found a prayer for enchanting weapons for poison, as for me super imba at the very beginning consider) the game, by the way, as for me in times easier than ds, like at level 18 I can kill bosses by inflicting 60 damage on them without problems, they also loot in a high-level lock

x
xSerGx_00 18.03.22

how to use prayers or charms? I put them in the upper square, but I have it gray. What do I need for this?

S
Sad_Jester 18.03.22

The best prayers. 2 of them drop from story bosses towards the end of the game - mass healing (requires a lot of mana but regenerates almost full), and the Black Blade, which deals damage and reduces the enemy's armor. I also use Black Flame Armor, which reduces incoming physical damage.
As for the spell, I know that the imba is Comet (I don’t remember the exact name). The range is not very good, but the damage is just wildly high!!!

s
soulfox 18.03.22

Sad_Jester wrote:
Imba Comet
Comet is a good spell, but eats too much mana, casts medium-fast with good dexterity. I can say from experience that many spells are good, just situational. For example, Loretta's Bow saved me a lot of times (And improved especially). Amazing range and very strong damage. Although it also eats a lot of mana and casts for a long time.
I also used to periodically use Haima's Hammer. Since I don't have a blunt weapon myself, some of the enemies were a hit. Plus it hits the area.
Azura's Comet is very powerful, able to kill any enemy, as long as there is enough mana. But it casts for a long time. It helped out a couple of times.
Doom Stars - about as powerful as a comet, eats a lot of mana. Its plus is that agile enemies are unlikely to evade it.
Meteorite and Ancel's Meteorite - A killer thing, but it eats an obscene amount of mana. And the attack range is short. But a spell applied in time takes everything around.
But the spells of the moon and the dark moon did not work for me

M
Mr Caduceus 18.03.22

soulfox The joke
of the moon is that it flies far, I used it to kill my hands while standing on the wall.

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 18.03.22

Where to find the spell FAITH (prayers) - Lightning Spear????

s
soulfox 18.03.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
https://mapgenie.io/elden-ring/maps/the-lands-between?locationIds=166737
The idea is this. You will give the book to the type in the round table hall, or to the turtle in the temple, where you wash away sins and you can study prayer.

G
GillesDeVanz 18.03.22

xSerGx_00
enchantment - staff in hand and prayers - seal

P
Pomu4 18.03.22

What I use
0. Terra Magicus - 35% damage buff, but you need to stand in the zone, which does not always work. When leaving the zone, it weighs another 2-3 seconds
1. Rock Sling - a powerful spell with excellent range, can stun the enemy if 3 stones hit. Minus - the casting speed and the trajectory of the stones
2. Adula's Moonblade is an analogue of the Carian Greatsword, but better. Firstly, cold damage, secondly, it launches a wave, thereby increasing the range. With the right positioning, you can deal damage with both the blade and the wave, which increases damage by almost 2 times. Minus - casting speed
3. Ranni's Dark Moon - improved version of Rennala's Full Moon. In addition to reducing base resistance by 10%, it can also inflict frostbite, which reduces resistance by an additional 20%. A total of 30% reduction in target resistance. Minus - price, casting speed.
4. Glintstone Icecrag - Glintstone Pebble replacement. More damage, can inflict frostbite.
5. Comet Azur - everyone knows about this spell.
We use a flask for free cast + damage and deal a ton of damage within 10 seconds. Cons - long cast, low range, enemy can move aside

Used
6. Glintstone Arc - good AoE, stopped using 7 after Adula's Moonblade appeared
. Carian Slicer - great in everything, especially in the early stages. Replaced with Adula's Moonblade
8. Loretta's Greatbow - sometimes used to aggro the enemy from afar. Great range, but very long cast
9. Glintstone Pebble - basic spell. Great in everything. Used until I found Glintstone Icecrag

L
Lemencio 18.03.22

Pomu4
Yes, as soon as you get the moon sword spell, and the moon sword itself, the further game turns into a moon meat grinder, you transfer all estus to mana, leaving 1-2 to raise the horse, and if you have a mimic, then a huge ass happens, which collapses the bosses into 4 rolls and crushes them into minced meat, because the mimic does not require mana for casting (unlimited?), And you even throwing kukri (or other throwing) look at everything that happens and laugh.

And where does the patch sit? Where to find all the bosses? where to find sinful turtle? How to open an isolated tower?

s
soulfox 18.03.22

Lemencio wrote:
And where is the patch sitting? Where to find all the bosses? where to find sinful turtle? How to open an isolated tower?
https://mapgenie.io/elden-ring/maps/the-lands-between?locationIds=165650
this is a turtle

https://mapgenie.io/elden-ring/maps/the-lands-between?locationIds=164022
In this patchwork cave.

This is one of the paths to the tower.

A
AndralStormborn 18.03.22

I haven't found everything yet, but I've tried different things. And I will say that the spell here, as in the Souls, is not very convenient - it is not cast as quickly as we would like, it requires a stick in hand.
Here prayers and pyromancy come more, unfortunately, some of the former spells of pyromancy were scattered into prayers, then into spells.
In addition, most of the spells are such that they seem to be either very situational or purely for fun.
In addition, it is more profitable to download prayers - there is more versatility, there are both for damage and for healing, buffs are useful.
So, so far, I have not found almost anything more convenient than the Thunder Spear. And at first he ran with a staff and a Brilliant arc - also not bad.
But the spear is more convenient - a good trajectory, a fairly fast cast, so if you need to shoot into the distance, especially on huge bosses - that's it. I hope one day there will be a stronger version of it, like the Spear of the Sun was in DS3.
And just now I finally found that temple where the beast exchanges for some chips, gave me the signet of the beast, it seems like this - it scales prayers from strength, which is convenient. And a couple of prayers, one is just convenient - it casts very quickly, though for a short distance, like a shotgun, it throws stones like.
All the same, first of all, when choosing, I am guided by the fact that magic should be simple, but convenient and practical. As a result, I have a lot of empty slots. Nothing extra. And not these noisy and spectacular whistles, which while you charge, they will run up to you and stumble.
And for mowing down crowds of small things, and even against large norms - the ashes of war Frosty Stomp are very convenient. Although I'm not a fan of frostmagic, it's still a very effective thing. I enchanted a sword with it, which is very convenient in itself. Although you can still find an ax with it, for those who love hatchets.
And I would also like separately such ashes, as from a huge fluff of a fallen star that fell from a beast - gravity lightning. That's spectacular and effective, after 3 hits, even some bosses are stunned. But I don't like walking with such a shaft on my shoulder.

P
Pomu4 18.03.22

Lemencio
Mimic costs 660 HP, it's strange that you didn't notice it.
The facial expressions from patch 1.03 were nerfed, he became obtuse. Converting all estus to mana - 7 cans of mana are enough for me from campfire to campfire, clearing the location. On kraynyak there is dust on the regen.

Now being at 143 I'm thinking of changing into miracles, yet they look more universal.

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 26.03.22

Guys, tell me please - are these all spells bought for dragon hearts or will there be more ??)

Spoiler

R
Redpath 26.03.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
Will be.

A
AndralStormborn 26.03.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
Will be, but not there. Not on an island. And there is another dragon drama in the Starry Wastes, there is such a castle. There are others, many of them. There are very cool ones that appear after killing special named dragons.

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 26.03.22

AndralStormborn
Thank you, the screen is finally made in the Dragon Temple in the Starry Wastes-)) In short, as I understand it, new spells appear after the next killing of the named dragon-))