3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
antique gold 18.03.22 09:21 pm

Performance issues.

Good afternoon! Recently I encountered such a problem that the FPS in games is low, despite the fact that the video card and the CPU are not loaded and are not heated. If you are willing to help, tell me what settings you need so that I can enable them in MSI Afterburner. I tried reinstalling Windows, cleaned it from viruses, downloaded drava for vidyuhi and mother, overclocked memory - it's all useless. I read my question on the forums, but did not find a clear answer. 1060 6 Gb + ryzen 7 2700; 16gb of RAM.
14 Comments
Sort by:
a
antique gold 18.03.22

Tried on hdd and ssd - same thing

V
VETER15 18.03.22

antiquegold
What games, or do you play all at once?

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

antiquegold
And you can show it with the statistics of msi afterburner, and riva tuner on the example of any game.

a
antique gold 18.03.22

VETER15 I
forgot to note that the graphics settings, in principle, do not affect the FPS in any way. I tested Pathologic 2 and played Phasmophobia with the boys a month ago. They are both in Unity. elden ring has the same problem, but for now, for obvious reasons, it makes no sense to look at performance there. In RDR 2 a month ago I still played at low levels, it sagged less than 60, but it seemed to be quite playable, I didn’t notice wild drawdowns.

a
antique gold 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
and what parameters to enable, I would like to know what exactly interests

a
antique gold 18.03.22

Kartonkratos

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

antiquegold
CPU load and frequency, gpu and video card memory load and frequency, and how much video memory and ram it consumes, and power consumption of gpu and cpu.

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

antiquegold
Can you test it in games like rdr 2, cyberpunk 2077 etc?

a
antique gold 18.03.22

Kartonkratos

are low. card loaded

a
antique gold 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
on medium the same FPS
, well, that is, in the initial scene 50-60

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

antiquegold
So everything is in order with you, as it should be! and the screenshot of the first game that you threw off, then that there is an underload of the video card, so this is the engine of the game itself is to blame, since the curve is very.

a
antique gold 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
eh .. well then! thank you very much for responding so quickly!

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

antiquegold
And by the way, in rdr 2, this initial location is very chewy! further along the story in other locations, the FPS will rise very much, almost 2 times.

l
legusor 18.03.22

antiquegold wrote:
1060 6 Gb + ryzen 7 2700; 16gb of RAM.
what do you want from this iron? everything is fine with him in terms of performance.
the video card is the top of the budget segment of 2016, and the processor is a one and a half from FX of the same prescription. 16 GB of RAM is already not enough for playing in modern products on windows 10 11, and your memory frequency is hardly high, although a high one will not help here. Especially AMD, which always means spontaneous brakes, freezes and crashes from everywhere.
RDR2 has no optimization. if you run the game at 1920x1080 at all the maximum manually set settings and MSAAx4 anti-aliasing so that the picture is normal, then the 12900K and RTX 3080 on DDR5 will not master 60FPS without blurring with a decrease in resolution through DLSS.
DLSS is designed to mask the miserable performance of the last two generations of graphics cards.
but this is not about that - with the available hardware, you will not achieve greater performance and stability, besides, in the games you listed above there is also no optimization. in Elden Ring and RTX 3080 freezes with drops regardless of settings.
Additionally, you can check Windows for an interesting bug: windows 10 and 11 can suddenly load 1-2 processor cores at 100% at any time and you can’t do anything about it until you reboot, at least. if you suddenly see sharp friezes and brakes in games, when, in your opinion, they should not be, then exit all games and monitor the task manager for the presence of the above symptom from the "system interruptions" processes.