3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Po2L 26.03.22 02:00 pm

Factory overclock conflict between MSI X470 Gaming Pro MAX and RX5700

Hello.
I want to say right away that I don’t really understand overclocking, my knowledge in this is mediocre.
I have the following characteristics of a campuchter:
Video card Gigabyte RX 5700 8GB
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro MAX
RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB
SSD Crucial BX 240GB
HHD 1T
The problem is that since the purchase I have encountered frequent crashes, reboots of my hardware .
And it didn’t matter at all whether I was playing or surfing the Internet - a stable reboot (sometimes more than one) or a crash once a day/week...
I read the forums, everyone scolds the video card, driver curves, etc., but rolling back to previous divers, I still ran into this problem. And recently I noticed that disabling Game Boost and A-XMP in the BIOS solved my problem with crashes and reboots, but added new ones - the RAM now in the CPUID CPU-Z program shows 1199 MHz, but in the dispatcher the frequency for each die is 2400 MHz
Now the hardware often mercilessly lags, freezes and still in games and surfing ...

I wanted to ask you for advice, maybe someone has encountered this problem, or can someone tell me where to look for information about the correct overclocking, because where to start I have no idea at all ( (
Plus, I’m often in a hurry and I can bury the iron with my pens if I don’t finish reading something, or I don’t understand)

Is it worth setting automatic overclocking in the BIOS, and then I would also like to know how to deal with crashes and reboots)
62 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Po2L
Try it on another PC and motherboard, there is a problem in MSI along the way! The same video card hat Radeon everything worked well on the old motherboard, as soon as I inserted it into MSI, crashes and blue screens began!
And then I went into the updates of some BIOSes, everything became clear, the BIOSes are crooked and the video cards of the Radeon can work poorly. In short, these miserable MSI asses.

This is called hands from one place at MSI ((((

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Po2L
Here is overclocking, but this is a temporary solution to the BIOS curve and it shows up in many places in the work!

P
Po2L 26.03.22

X_ray_83
Thank you so much for the vidos, I'll take a look tomorrow, I'll go to sleep already)0
As it was, I updated the BIOS, I had a problem with the mouse cursor, it lagged furiously when I started the computer, and after 10 minutes everything seemed to start working slowly ... update BIOS helped solve the problem.
As I understand it, I need to update the BIOS, or even flash it, if of course there is such an option?

P
Po2L 26.03.22

X_ray_83
Thanks for the answer )
And I already spit on the video card, there is a lot of negativity on it on the Internet, both on mine and on the XT version, I read guys with such problems on other motherboards, they also did not understand what the catch was with them)
I decided to turn off overclocking in the BIOS purely by chance, and for now I’m sitting at least without crashes and death screens)
I wanted to ask, what do you think there may be a problem in Windows software as well, they say some update patches conflict with AMD?
They also advised to turn off this fucking daw, which is in the photo - the method helped on the strength of two weeks)
It seems to me that I need to look for a way to flash the BIOS, because there is nowhere to check it stupidly (

P
Po2L 26.03.22

L
Loken 26.03.22

Po2L
Po2L wrote:
now in the CPUID program CPU-Z shows 1199 MHz, but in the controller the frequency for each die is 2400 MHz
That's right, CPU-Z should show half the effective RAM frequency. This is a feature of DDR memory. 2400 is shown as 1200, 3000 as 1500, 3600 as 1800.

Regarding video, I had an RX 5600 XT, I know about the problems of 5000 Radeons firsthand. If the problem returns, disable hardware acceleration in the browser. I was also helped by a small drop in the frequencies of the video memory and the GPU itself, literally by 30-50 MHz. It is desirable to do this directly in the AMD Adrenaline software without using MSI Afterburner.

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Loken
Here it is the problem of the motherboard, even in the drain it does not work correctly through one place and underestimates the frequency of the processor and sculpts the left voltage per cent td.
MSI do not know how to use motherboards and did not know how if such a game happens even on the drain, but the fact that there is a conflict with Radeon RX570 video cards and so on is already the bottom in itself.

L
Loken 26.03.22

X_ray_83
Not rx570, but rx5700.
AMD's 5000s came out crooked, they often have problems on any motherboard. At least 5700xt, 5700 and 5600xt. According to the statistics of the German Mindfactory 5700, it's the worst card, and if it's Red Devil from Power Color, everything is very, very bad. I myself had a 5600xt and caught all kinds of multi-colored screens, crashes and sudden reboots. The repairman's channel, which I sometimes look at, also says that AMD's first generation RDNA chips came out super crooked.
I can’t say anything about MSI motherboards, I spent my whole life on Asus.

P
Po2L 26.03.22

Loken
Tell me please about the underestimation of frequencies in Adrenalin'e?
Maybe some kind of already configured profile that is most suitable for my govnosituatsii)0

Where do I need to go here?

L
Loken 26.03.22

Po2L
Turn on the checkboxes like mine in the left column and lower the "Max. frequency" values ​​​​in the GPU section and in the Video memory settings section. Do not touch the memory synchronization parameters, voltage and power consumption.
Spoiler This is a screenshot from my current 6600xt.
At one time, I lowered the frequency of the GPU and video memory by 30-50 MHz at 5600xt and this helped me to remove crashes. And crashes from the browser helped to remove the disabling of hardware acceleration in the browser (in the browser settings).

By the way, what vendor is your video card from? If from Power Color, then they have the most kosyachnye 5000th cards.

P
Po2L 26.03.22

Loken
Thank you.
I have vidyuha from gigs

P
Po2L 26.03.22

Loken
That is, right now, I can safely turn on the factory boost of my motherboard for percents and RAM, and at the same time lower the frequency of the vidyuhi and the problem, in theory, should disappear?
By the way, I never had crashes from the browser, there were only reboots of the computer, the screen goes blank and the computer reboots, and then in adrenaline they write about an unexpected error and a reboot and that all settings have been reset to factory settings

L
Loken 26.03.22

Po2L wrote:
That is, right now I can boldly turn on the factory boost of my motherboard for percents and RAM, and at the same time lower the frequency of the vidyuhi and the problem, in theory, should disappear?
Try it and you'll see. At one time I learned about this method and it helped me. If it doesn't work for you, then the problem is somewhere else.

Po2L wrote:
By the way, I never had any crashes from the browser, there were only reboots of the computer, the screen goes blank and the computer reboots, and then in adrenaline they write about an unexpected error and a reboot and that all settings are reset to factory settings
. It was the same, either blue / green screen, or just reboot with a message from the driver.

I
Ixiot 26.03.22

X_ray_83
I have Msi z490-a pro. No problem with her. The RAM is chasing even profiles.

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Loken
Not rx570, but rx5700.
It doesn't matter what video card - it tells about the BIOS level if the standard functions do not work with MSI!
I always used Asus, there was no such nonsense and no, Bios when the stock one does not know how to use standard functions.

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Ixiot Watched the
video above!?!? When the Ryzen 1600 stock "auto" is set to 3200 and it should be 3600! This is already an indicator of where the hands grow from MSI "programmers".
So do not, I understand this ram for half a year, I had to take Asus Prime and not know grief!

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Po2L
Just go to the store and buy Asus Prime x470 and forget about this clumsy ram right away, don't listen to anyone.

L
Loken 26.03.22

X_ray_83 wrote:
When Ryzen 1600 stock "auto" is set to 3200 and it should be 3600!
So ryzen 1600 has stock and 3200, and 3600 is boost. Or what are we talking about?

X
X_ray_83 26.03.22

Loken
No, the Ryzen 1600 has a stock 3600 in the BIOS, it shows the maximum frequency, it was like this when I bought it and then suddenly the BIOS glitched and it became 3200 not only in the BIOS but also in Windows!
Moreover, I did not change the settings of the processor "AUTO" mode lives its own life and removing the battery does not help.
And then I watched the Game One video where the same frequency and the same nonsense, everything became clear with their BIOS.

L
Loken 26.03.22

X_ray_83
I don't know how many processes I had, always in the BIOS in default it showed the stock frequency, not the boost. Right now it costs 3700x and before overclocking on the Asus prime x370-pro in the BIOS it wrote a frequency of 3600, although it also has a boost up to 4400. Now it is overclocked for all cores at 4400 and in the BIOS it shows these 4400. If I remove the overclocking, it will show again 3600.
The 1600th stock is 3200, it shows 3200 as it should. If he overclocks the percentage to the conditional 3900, it will show 3900 in the BIOS.