3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 03.04.22 07:07 pm

Can games boost self-esteem?

Well, for example, a person plays well, goes through difficult games, scores a lot of points, can this somehow give self-confidence?)
16 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 03.04.22

Katanar
For me (an adult), games are nonsense, they are important only for youngsters...

S
Sweety_Mustard 03.04.22

of course - if you take the title of master of sports in chess. Well, or at worst, you start to earn money with these games. The fact that you pass the snake at the last speed on the phone will only make your legs and ass numb.

M
MunchkiN 616 03.04.22

if a person achieves success in some things, his self-esteem increases.
and regarding games, their main danger is not some kind of gambling addiction, but raising self-esteem, because games are basically built so that the player achieves better results than in life, with the exception of games where the player is against the player or the player is against the donation.

K
Katanar 03.04.22

Pavel Rally, I don’t think that games are nonsense, right now they are making a lot of games, not just mindlessly shooting, killing. But they also add puzzles, and when you play more carefully, look for workarounds, turn on your brains, how best to kill smarter, I think it develops both attentiveness and logic too. Yes, and when you struggled with a difficult game for a long time, then when your brain boiled up and you solved the problem of the game, there is still a feeling of joy, a little confidence) And if it’s just thoughtlessly, mediocre, playing wasting time, of course it will seem like nonsense)

k
kurskiy 03.04.22

Katanar
Self-esteem can grow, self-hypnosis in general is such a thing. But, as with other achievements (imaginary and explicit), everything depends on how much they help in real life.

P
Podvipodvertov 03.04.22

When I played War Thunder, and on realistic difficulty I was able to single-handedly drag out the battle, and at the same time destroy 7 enemy tanks, I jumped around the apartment and yelled that I was the king!
Then I walked all day with my head held high, and when I told the peasants about it at work, in their eyes I was an alpha!
I want to say that it all depends on the environment and your hobby, and if, for example, you really love some game, like me, for example Tundra, and for example, the same high-level tank makes a much more impression on me personally than the neighbor's Porsche Cayenne in the parking lot, and at work, everyone is still passionate about this game, and we are, so to speak, in a common gaming environment, then I think yes, such victories do not raise self-esteem sickly, and for example, I don’t care and it’s not interesting who bought a new car there, opened a business, earned money .. .. for me, such achievements are out of my interests, so for me their value is zero.

V
VETER15 03.04.22

Katanar
When the meaning of life for you is the game, probably...

P
Pirat13666 03.04.22

When you play games, real life passes by unnoticed. Personally, I am offended that I spent 5 years in the lineup, but I could shine myself with my loved ones who are no longer in the world of the living.
But it's your choice. Now for me personally games, only in my free time, not to the detriment of my personal life.

K
Katanar 03.04.22

Pirat13666, And what do you attribute to me that I just like you can play games all day?)) It takes me a minimum of time to play games, because I have enough of my worries and troubles, in real life, so calm down))

S
Sweety_Mustard 03.04.22

Katanar wrote:
It takes me a minimum of time to play games, because I have enough of my worries and troubles, in real life
, yes - all addicted gamers who spend their whole lives at the computer say so!

K
Katanar 03.04.22

Sweety_Mustard, Look after yourself, not others, and maybe life will get better))

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

Katanar wrote:
Well, for example, a person plays well, goes through difficult games, scores a lot of points, maybe this somehow gives self-confidence?)
No.

y
yariko okami 03.04.22

What is self-esteem? This, as I understand it, is some kind of tangible (not virtual) own achievements, an assessment of their social usefulness and recognition. Raise self-esteem of the game - Can. When, for example, you write your own game, or, as they wrote, you become a chess champion, or Shogi, higher. I had a case, posted my game on a torrent - from just a player to a developer, this is already worth something. And just scoring points in the game, passing on time (speedrun) and the like is nonsense. The games themselves are killing time - rest from work, nothing more.

r
requiemmm 03.04.22

As a temporary phenomenon - yes. As one of the topics for conversation and phallometry in the company of the same nerds - yes. But the older and more experienced you become, the better you understand that in gaming achievements, for the most part, there is nothing to be proud of. In sessions, like the tundra and tanks, most of the online is with a light and medium form of debility. At the same time, the developer quietly interferes in your game, in one battle you get 20 frags, in another - barely 2, and the enemy does not demonstrate skill. Just like always, you aim at him and press the trigger, he does not maneuver, but in one battle he falls, and in another ... hit, hit, hit, and you were killed with one bullet that flew in from no one knows who and where. At the same time, the frag left for you in general to the left chmyr, kilometers from the battlefield, in the case of the tundra.
This is not at all something to be proud of, because you cannot be sure that this is your merit, and not the script built into the balancer. Be proud that you were not dropped in the hospital? Well, that's an achievement.
An MMO, like WoW, is a cast-iron ass competition that is won by the Chinese who swing the same character in shifts, 24 hours online.
Slashers, like sauces, are a competition for reaction and memory, the attack algorithm is static, the main thing is to have time to press the button, and this is pure biology. RPGs, and especially JRPGs, are also essentially simple, there is a build, there are bags of experience, so long as the mouse does not double, otherwise any healthy person will pass everything without problems. And shooters, and racing, and platformers. Again, the industry is trying to expand the audience every year, games are becoming simpler and simpler, dumber and more pointless, while more expensive and more buggy. Strategies, tactics and wargames stand a little apart, because chess is their basis, but they also have several times fewer fans than dotan with coding and battles.

About the fact that life goes somewhere there. It passes in any case, regardless of our desire and possibilities. The more interesting question here is what are the alternatives. A gamer does not become a good life, usually most of the alternatives are simply closed, tightly, and the rest ... let's just say, if a gamer was interested in all this, he would not wind up thousands of hours at the iron box.
Usually women raise this issue, implying that they, with their plans for your life, are definitely better than a box of microcircuits. Quite debatable, in fact. First of all, because they cannot be turned off, well, you can, but the Criminal Code does not order, but this is not about that now. Here you waved a little at work, then vomited home, ate some kind of surrogate vodka and plan to rest, but it begins, the second shift, now at home. Who said what, that on TV, which continues to yell in your ear, what has broken again, where you must definitely go, what to do, and all this on an area of ​​​​a maximum of 64 squares, from where there is nowhere to go. And she also has a mother and she will come on a day off, or will live with you, it’s so convenient, right?) And they yell at you in two throats, not shutting up for a second and not understanding at all how it is to be silent. They even talk to the cat
And you start drinking like a pig, because while you grunt in your pen, you are not touched and you do not hear them. But health is not iron and, at 45, you can finally relax in a mansion "two per meter".
Maybe it's better to kill 10 wolves, then 10 bears, collect 10 shells and 99 stars, huh?

y
yariko okami 03.04.22

requiemmm
Why doesn't the Criminal Code say?, application for divorce and goodbye. Just do not forget to use a protective rubber band so that the "receipts" do not arrive later.

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

yariko ookami
requiemmm
Guuuuu!!!!! Vaughn, I went to the club on Kumars, ultras, found a pussy, capitalized and let's go, then fuck someone in online sessions until the morning on the weekend. And if pisya also drags on computers, then this is truly a marvelous diva. You can fight with her in battles. And between fights, you can each other ... well, you understand) And then again into the network abyss of wars) I personally never use an elastic band. Always on hardcore