3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22 08:05 pm

How to pierce shieldmen with a mage!? (Elden Ring)

I already have a nervous tic caused by these damn freaks - they block almost all damage from magic (the only spell that works against them is the starting spell "prisoner", because it works with a delay and you can get the hang of hitting the shield man in the back / side)!!!
I don’t know where to look for the answer anymore - browsers give out only “where to find such and such a shield” to this question, YouTube gives the same answer
... the creature from the defensive stance always hits - with magic to hit only spend mana, and hitting the shield makes the character open for a counterattack !!!
31 Comments
Sort by:
B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

There is a spell that does not shoot from your character, but flies towards you from behind the target. https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ambush+Shard

Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22

BeDaLeK
Well, until the moment when the player himself finds this place, he will die from every second shieldmen =________=
There must be some weapon moves/tactics to counter shieldmen without magic. It's stupid when you choose a class and the game tells you - you can't beat these freaks at all; here the warrior breaks through everyone, but these are created for show (?). The question arises - why the hell did they add magicians if the first third of the game they are raped by every second bum with a shield? I would understand if it was possible to make calls several times ...

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 03.04.22

Yarven1033
So, where are those shield villains? at the beginning of the game or where?

And how are you with bears, such hefty bears the size of a giant?-))

B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

Yarven1033
Each build has its strengths and weaknesses, and you need to learn how to use it. Nobody prevents the magician from taking a shield in his second hand and taking a hit on it in order to counterattack. And the same warrior with purely physical damage also does not always decide.

n
nighthawkreal 03.04.22

BeDaLeK
Staff to counterattack? )

R
Rin Shiroyuki 03.04.22

Yarven1033
Take moon veil. And there will be no more problems with shields. That's how I got through the game. Staff in left hand, katana in right. Especially fat mobs can be killed with Azura's comet by starting to cast it before the enemy sees you. It is advisable to make a bottle before this, where 15 seconds of mana will not be spent. Knights of the Crucible, for example, I one shot.

Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22

Evil Spirit of Yambuya
After the horseman boss, there are ruins, there are fighters with a spear-shield and the "commander" is the same - if it doesn't go wrong with simple ones, then their commander generally tanks almost all magic damage with a shield and almost does not give time to conjure. Plus, simple shield fighters at least sometimes open slightly before a strike, which is why they can still be prescribed with a sword, then their cap doesn’t open at all before attacks - they’re rushing like a locomotive ...
It’s also an ass with bears, but at least damage enters them normally - I beat them with magic not bad from a horse ...

n
nighthawkreal 03.04.22

Yarven1033
The commander is like a mini-boss here, it's better not to climb to him without pumping. I carried him out with swords, forcing me to stand with my back to them.

B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

NightHawkreal Is
it forbidden for a mage to pick up a weapon? There are a lot of weapons scaling with wisdom. A magician, especially if you walk with a spell that throws stones at opponents - very often they are knocked out of balance and you can run up and riposte with a dagger with good crit damage.

n
nighthawkreal 03.04.22

BeDaLeK Shield
in one hand, staff in the other, how to counterattack? There was a good thing in DS2, the Blue Sword was called, it's a pity there are none here.

B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

NightHawkreal
Um... You have three slots for each hand and you can practically change weapons on the fly. I have a staff, a katana, a bow for my right hand.
DS2 do you mean blue moon sword? He is here too. They put it in all their games like.
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Moon+Greatsword

Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22

NightHawkreal
I also endured it like that with the Prisoners, but the Astrologer does not have this spell

a
azazello777 03.04.22

Reel? No, seriously? In a game where mages are supposed to talk about difficulty vs shieldmen?

n
nighthawkreal 03.04.22

BeDaLeK
It's possible, I wore a misicord in my right hand, for finishing off, but a couple of times I even got confused with the habit in battle, besides, it all weighs.
No, Blue Flame.

azazello777
Mages harness for a long time, plus many enemies have good defense against magic. The academy will be interesting.

Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22

azazello777
I'm talking about the problem with the Astrologer and at the beginning of the game. Although what to talk about, if the developers didn’t even add descriptions to the skills (the same Ashes of War - found what he was doing, guess), and you can’t even see what the buff / debuff icons mean, you have to scour the Internet =_____=

a
azazello777 03.04.22

Yarven1033
Yes, without a wiki it's like without hands, you can't argue here. And so the magician knock out a brass shield, take 16 strength + two-handed, which is 16 strength and 110 crit and in the forehead on counterattacks is already a good alternative at first.

B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

Yarven1033
Strange, why do I have descriptions of ashes in inventory? As in all souls - in the inventory, when choosing an item, you can change the display mode and a more complete description can be seen there. Key hints at the bottom of the inventory.

s
soulfox 03.04.22

Killed this knight with magic. Played as an astrologer. And I don't remember a very strong resistance. To guess the moment and shoot a spell, then dodges - it is quite possible. And in the NG+ game, I smeared it with melee weapons. Playing as a mage. Calmly so, making counterattacks and knocking him out of balance.

S
Slonvprotivogaze 03.04.22

Yarven1033
I run a staff/weapon - I don't experience any special problems. I go in the back and hit. Enemies generally evade most of all magic.

B
BeDaLeK 03.04.22

Slonvprotivogaze
The most "cheating" spell is where three stones are thrown at the enemy, and the opponents dodge at the moment of casting, and not when the boulders arrive at them. Therefore, they catch all the pebbles with their bodies calmly. Also, in terms of balance, the damage is not weak - they often fall for a riposte from them.