3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yarven1033 03.04.22 08:05 pm

How to pierce shieldmen with a mage!? (Elden Ring)

I already have a nervous tic caused by these damn freaks - they block almost all damage from magic (the only spell that works against them is the starting spell "prisoner", because it works with a delay and you can get the hang of hitting the shield man in the back / side)!!!
I don’t know where to look for the answer anymore - browsers give out only “where to find such and such a shield” to this question, YouTube gives the same answer
... the creature from the defensive stance always hits - with magic to hit only spend mana, and hitting the shield makes the character open for a counterattack !!!
31 Comments
Sort by:
s
smitersan 03.04.22

BeDaLeK Incidentally
, yes, I also noticed this feature)

A
AndralStormborn 03.04.22

Shield bearers are not difficult to kill in miles, even with a magician, at least by someone. You just need to take the norms of the shield yourself, for example Brass.
And keep the block. And walk around the shield-bearer, trying to fail his blow into the void, going behind his back and inflicting a critical blow "sharpening in the kidney"
And it's also worth taking a magician a rapier or a spear - it's convenient to poke them from the block.
You won't be able to play as a pure magocaster, especially at the beginning of the game - you won't have enough mana, you don't have the necessary skills, you should learn to fight for miles.

n
nighthawkreal 03.04.22

AndralStormborn
Without a good level of stamina, the shield will be knocked out from the player first. You can throw a couple of bottles into it, especially if you know where the seeds are.

A
AndralStormborn 03.04.22

NightHawkreal will be
eliminated. But, here you need to stand in the block just in case, but try not to catch the blows, but go around behind your back. I danced like this for about 5 minutes with the first shield bearer, starting to play as an astrologer. Yes, sometimes they knocked out stamina and missed hits, spent all the estus, but still managed)
And with smaller enemies it works even easier, and it’s not difficult to simply stun them on a counterattack from a block and apply crit.

a
azazello777 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
The point is to get a BIG shield. Almost any attack bounces and you do a counterattack. 2 times and already you will write a riposte. Since the magician does not pump much strength, the shield will be 90-95% of the physical (it seems to require 16 strength), but due to the fact that a large opponent will not be able to prescribe the entire series of attacks into the shield, and after the first the weapon will bounce = damage to stamina is small and even the magician will work out with a bang.

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

azazello777
You see how cool. That's why I prefer big shields, even when playing magic builds.
Put more ashes - Break the shield. There, in general, they can run alone to ram everything, demolishing bosses. And if you take the seal from Gurnak, then you can also pump the Strength and throw a boulder.

W
Wing42 11.04.22

Yarven1033
Awesome, Hidetaka was able to make a mob that mages can't take down from one or two castes!

1_AID 11.04.22

I have a sword of night and flame for everything))

a
azazello777 11.04.22

Wing42
It happened by chance, he didn't want to) He even removed the stunlock from the ugs so that his poor magicians could not be humiliated) But in fact: magicians are generally removed as a class. Much of the content and feel compared to the game of milik past the checkout.

a
azazello777 11.04.22

1_AID
So what's the point? The same range cast, the same imbalanced damage, but not from the staff, but from the special weapon.

W
Wing42 11.04.22

azazello777
Truly! All interesting guns either scale or require Faithfulness, Sorcery, or Wise. Or both at the same time. In pvp battle "melee vs mage" the mage always wins.