3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
User855140 11.04.22 10:56 pm

Beep from RAM backlight

Hello! Problem: squeaking from the backlight of the RAM when changing the color, brightness, backlight mode. The squeak disappears only on 2 colors - red and blue at maximum brightness, when the backlight is turned off, the squeak becomes quieter, but still quite noticeable. Memory DDR4 3200MHz GeIL ORION Red RGB (GOSR432GB3200C16BDC) - total 64GB, 4 dies. I wanted to replace it with something else, but the prices bite now.
PC:
Amd ryzen 5900x
Msi Tomahawk b550

Before that, the memory was in Asrock b450m pro4, the problems were the same, I sinned on the motherboard, bp.
Is there any way to fix this problem?
4 Comments
Sort by:
l
longerr2007 11.04.22

User 855140
Apparently, only the forced shutdown of all this garbage color music. True, I have no idea how this is done (and, in general, is it possible).
PS / I can’t even imagine why backlit memory is needed ??? does it work better or faster?

U
User855140 11.04.22

longerr2007
Initially I wanted to take Crucial without any highlights, but at checkout they said it was not available, with xmp 3200 there was geil with backlight a little cheaper crucial, or other companies, but with an additional charge of something around 5k (I don’t remember exactly), so I took geil. To be honest, it doesn’t matter to the backlight, the computer is under the table. I could not even imagine that there would be such problems due to the backlight.

B
BDmitriy 11.04.22

User 855140 wrote:
red and blue at maximum brightness
You don't care, the computer is under the table. Set and enjoy the silence

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

longerr2007 wrote:
I have no idea why backlit memory is needed??? does it work better or faster?
It is more beautiful with backlight, especially when the lid is transparent from the body and everything is visible.