3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
danyakiller98 12.04.22 01:18 am

Wild Hunt (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Sorry for the stupid question, but why are the riders of the Wild Hunt elves? From the very beginning they were called ghosts and they looked the same. If the answer lies in the book, I immediately say that I just started reading it and did not reach the moment with the Hunt.
27 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexey Khvesko 12.04.22

danyakiller98
because in fact they are elves, and because of the problems with moving between worlds in the world of the Witcher, they were presented as ghosts. In fact, the ghosts of the elves, but no one knew who was hidden under the armor

A
Alex97914 12.04.22

danyakiller98
Ghosts of the Wild Hunt are the spiritual emanations of elves. Something like a soul that has left the body, which they send to other worlds, because. have practically lost the ability to physically move between worlds, like Ciri. This was mentioned in The Second Witcher. And in the book Lady of the Lake, i.e. last.

f
fustcaper13 12.04.22

Of course, I didn’t read it, but I saw the witch series, how was the series based on books? If so, then not everything in it matches the game. They especially said that the game is made according to books. And I wonder if the continuation of the witcher wakes up or not. I would like to continue with all the characters) i.e. what kind of ending did such a game choose in 3 parts :) eh ... But alas, the continuation does not wake up.

g
gggggh134668 12.04.22

fustcaper13
the series is a general idea, I read a lot, I found only small matches between the series and the book

D
Dmitry_XAN 12.04.22

fustcaper13 I hasten to
please, but the game even coincides much more with the book than the series)))

ps the series is miserable, it would be better if they didn’t shoot it at all

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

fustcaper13
gggggh134668
The series is based on the first two books

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

Dmitriy_XAN
what's wrong with the series? no special effects or what? quite good for 2001.

g
gggggh134668 12.04.22

IArlekinI
on the first two books?) I don’t know, I read three or four books and I don’t remember that there were many moments from the series

B
Brannan 12.04.22

fustcaper13
The game is not written by books. According to the plot, the first game about Geralt takes place 4-5 years after the end of the last book. The only thing is that the first game used quotes from books in some dialogues. The same can be found in other games in the series. Also in games there are references to books, as to the past.

f
fustcaper13 12.04.22

I just don’t understand one thing. How did ciri disappear in part 3 ?? In the beginning, she went for the helmet and that's it. Chet did not catch up.

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

gggggh134668
the series even mentions that it was based on Sapkowski's books "The Sword of Destiny" and "The Last Wish"

A
Ascelladd 12.04.22

fustcaper13
It's a dream, Ciri "disappeared" at the end of the book series yet.

B
Brannan 12.04.22

Ciri saved Geralt and Yennefer at the end of the last book - all three sailed away on a boat. This is where the books ended
. Between the last book and the first game, Ciri took Geralt and Yennefer to another world/dimension - to the apple orchards. Then she started traveling again. Geralt and Ian were left alone until the arrival of the riders of the Wild Hunt, then Geralt was found by the Witchers with amnesia.
(Told at the end of the second game)

D
Dmitry_XAN 12.04.22

IArlekin
I can say that he has nothing to do with books, Swords like those of samurai, Vesimir is a man, witchers live in a cave, teach women, Geralt had a light mutation, Geralt is the only witcher who uses evasions in battle and is therefore considered a disgrace ... this list of nonsense can be continued indefinitely)))

g
gggggh134668 12.04.22

IArlekinI
remember these words, but there is a lot that is not in the books)

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

Dmitriy_XAN
Well, about the mutation, they explain the reason why in the movie. As for the rest, yes, there are oddities, especially regarding women and caves. The rest you can close your eyes. Otherwise, some of the events described in the book are shown in the series. When I looked, I didn’t really go deep into reasoning and comparisons. I liked the series, not to say that it’s a masterpiece, there are jambs in terms of execution, but there are no complaints about the plot.

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

gggggh134668
And for me, on the contrary, it was possible to convey more of the plot from the books. In the series, the main plot is basically described, and in the books there are many memories of Geralt about his adventures, for example, the same story with genie and Yennefer

g
gggggh134668 12.04.22

IArlekinI
Yes, everything is described there in general terms, books are much better to read than to watch a series) a series for the lazy)

D
Dmitry_XAN 12.04.22

IArlekinI
According to the plot, I have a sea of ​​​​claims there))), it just so happened that I saw the series after reading the books and it made a very negative impression due to inconsistencies and jambs, and Geralt was subjected to increased mutations (hence the white hair), but in the series, on the contrary, softer than usual (as explained in the series, in order to preserve his humanity, and this was said by Vesimir, who for some reason was a man there, and not a witcher ... in short, even remembering all this is not I want to)

I
IArlekinI 12.04.22

Dmitriy_XAN
I looked before reading the books. Therefore, I liked reading books more, it is a series, it is a series, it is limited, and you cannot throw words out of a book. A significant plus of the series, for me personally, it shows Geralt's childhood. I didn't find it in the books. Or maybe I didn't read everything? Is there such a thing?