3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22 10:05 pm

Question about NVMe storage.

I bought a second Samsung 980 NVMe drive. I have two slots on the motherboard for them. In one I already have one, which is between the processor and the video card, and the second slot is just located under the video card. The problem is that, according to reviews, this drive heats up quite a bit. Hence the question, is it reasonable to install it directly under the vidyuhi or is it worth finding an adapter to take it out of the way? Maybe I'm paranoid? Please help me figure it out. Thank you very much in advance.
20 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Evening in the hut. If it doesn't make it difficult, what is your temperature m2? I also have a Samsung. Topic 34C. Worth the bottom card per slot. When I stood under the very same card, it warmed up to 39C. It is logical to assume that a lower temperature will be easier to perceive by any component in the pitch. Therefore, put under the vidyahu on the slot below or, if possible, above. It's much better when the card is on it.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa I
forgot to tell you about the adapter. Why not. I have one of the 500Gb WD ssd satas connected through it. The speed is one to one, with or without an adapter. That is, nothing is cut.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Well, somehow I didn’t look at the temperature, since my second one is free, but this one has no desire to shove a video card, and I don’t have more free slots for ssd on my mother. But I think, as an option, you can buy a radiator and stick it on it so that it gives off heat to it, and not to the video camera.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
But I can look at the temperatures and throw off the screenshots if necessary.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
I have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus for 250. The other day I did an experiment and connected it through an adapter. There are two connectors for m2 and one for sat. Checked everything through Magikan and Kristad Disk. The speed corresponds to the manufacturer. Therefore, take an adapter and do not be afraid for the speed. I took ORIENT C296E. For 2000 rub. Now it costs 1300. If there is a desire, then I will take one more for future m2, when the place on the hdd runs out.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing

Here are screenshots with temperatures.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
What is the motherboard for the computer now? m2 performance is excellent.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

lapwing
MSI B450 Mortar Max

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Oh, holy apostles peka!!!!!!!!! So you have darkness on the motherboard where you can pokemon m2 through adapters !!!!!!!) I thought that everything was running) But it wasn’t there. mother fire! What to think then? If you are as paranoid as hell as I am, then put it in the very last pci slot. And you will have a temperature to calm your soul) Buy an adapter and put it in the lowest slot. Our motherboards are not much different. So you also have one of the ssds, like mine)

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Talk to Denis. He will explain to you in detail the details of temperature and connection. I need to get away from the computer.
Spoilerhttps://users.playground.ru/1053579/

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Understood. Well thanks for the advice buddy. As I go to the city I will look in the dns adapter. And then we have a village here)) there is nothing)))

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
I have this:
Spoiler
Heating up to 43°

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

I have the first one like this, between the cooler and the vidyuhi, and the second slot is right under the vidyuhi. Therefore, it is better to put an adapter.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 17.04.22

Denis Kyokushin

Here such adapter ordered.
Spoiler

01001000 01101001 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
you install it and it will now interfere with the airflow of the video card.
I would put it up and see. 40-50 is more than normal. Permissible up to 70. Samsung 980 is colder than 970. Moreover, this is the second one, I think for games. Most of the time no load.
By the way, cold air is heavier, so below the video card is exactly the cold zone. I strongly recommend that you cancel the order, and if your hands itch like that, then glue the radiator on top. I have it on my motherboard.
But this will not be necessary, because. the numbers there will be lower than those of the upper module.

A
AnPei 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
samsung system costs m / y video card and processor, wd under the video card on it there
were no online games failures. On the motherboard, I have factory radiators on the disks. Radiators can be bought in addition and adapters are mainly used for expansion, upgrade and can cut speed.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Hello! Don't listen to the gardener! I have an adapter, and there is minimal airflow resistance. I fanatically took care of it at the end of November. The adapter is negligibly short in length, this is not a second video card for you, which would interfere with real air resistance. So put it on and don't worry about high temperature problems. You don't need to glue anything. Do not arrange a corn collective farm in the building.

01001000 01101001 17.04.22

MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
Do not arrange a corn collective farm in the building.
Good advice is not to buy useless adapters and put them in their place in the slot.
In general, I can’t imagine what a troubled head the adapter came to advise. More stupidity I have not seen. Quietly stand in the slots and the temperature is normal. Hand face.
And of course, any object obstructing the free airflow is a problem for the normal cooling of the parts. After all, the wires, such collective farmers as Myshivur, carefully hid and tidied up, and screws lurk behind every degree, with the sound of a Boeing flight.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

01001000 01101001
Mishivurs are the ancient followers of gaming pitch for the glory of His word and who will not advise corn heresy to please gardeners. We always have proofs where we hide the wires, so that nothing interferes with the aeronautical flow of the motley winds of the warp from the far corners of the galaxy's pitch. We are starting to continue this path under the radiance of the stars of the galactic empire for good fellow gamers of the whole universe. I said everything. This is the way against the heresy of corn analysts.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 05.05.22

I put this SSD through an adapter. I ran a test for the speed of reading a record and it did not give out more than 1600 mb / s. I already thought that the drive was defective. Rearranged directly into the slot without an adapter, the same story. It turned out that the drive runs on pci-e 3.0 x2 instead of x4. But this is a feature of the motherboard. If there is a drive in the upper slot, the lines are cut off on the second slot. Here is such a story.
In terms of temperatures, I saw a maximum of 40. But this, in my opinion, is because the drive does not work at full speeds. Thank you all for your help. The only solution is to buy another motherboard.