3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eloi 17.04.22 10:28 pm

Fps drops on a new video card (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Please tell me, does everyone in this game have such fps drawdowns as I have at 0:14? fps sometimes drops even more and a micro freeze occurs. I can’t understand the matter in the game itself or in the new video card.
ryzen 5 3600
graphics card rx 6600 xt 8gb
ram 16gb
power supply 700w
motherboard asus prime b 450 ma 2
ssd game
19 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eloi 17.04.22

and such a micro freeze happens, I won’t say that it happens very often, but it happens, especially in the city

E
Eloi 17.04.22

and here it is at 0:59

K
KENIG_39 17.04.22

depending on how you unscrew the graphic settings, with what resolution you still play, maybe stupidly the video card does not have time to process something

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

Eloi
User KENIG_39 wrote you perfectly correctly: depending on how you twist the graphic settings, with what resolution you still play, maybe the video card does not have time to process something
Go through everything! Absolutely all the settings, like me in my time in this game. She, like Assassin Valhalla, has been fixed for a long time and is on the podium of honorable optimization. Proofs, I can give you at least darkness. Therefore, start experimenting with graphics settings. And there is a whole field for them to experiment!)

M
Marsj 17.04.22

Some quibbles about fps without limiting the fps ceiling.

01001000 01101001 17.04.22

Eloi
Your processor is overloaded and needs to be replaced. I say, take you already 5600X. And still need to work on the RAM. Since your fps is the processor with the memory subsystem. Without it, there will be no normal fps. But the frieze, this is ...
---- Separately output - turn off disk parking in power saving mode. Can create this. And try to put the priority of the game higher.
1) Disable game mode and XBOX Game Bar services.
A little more:
2) SERVICES, disable sysmain (+stop) - demolish this rubbish.
3) As I said, do not touch the swap file - let it be at the choice of the system and of course the location of the SSD.
4) You can take the reverse, clean the cache memory. ISLC is worth installing (and setting up).
Spoiler
Although, you can take it from the opposite -
Or 4) Registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management, find LargeSystemCache there and switch to 1.

There is also this:
Spoiler
If HPET is enabled in the BIOS (and it is enabled by default), then in Windows the timers must be turned OFF so that only the motherboard crystal oscillator is used and there are no interrupt conflicts between software and hardware.
To disable the timer software emulator in Windows, you need to:
1. Run the cmd.exe command line (as administrator)
2. Enter commands to disable the Windows timer software emulator (you can copy it from here):
bcdedit / set useplatformclock false
3. Press Enter (the command above disables the timer emulator). Then enter this command:
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
and press Enter (the command above deletes the useplatformclock value from the boot registry).
4. Reboot.
After that, get stable FPS - there should be no lags at all.
In general, work on optimizing Windows. And don't forget to update to the latest version.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.04.22

01001000 01101001
01001000 01101001 wrote:
Your processor is overloaded, needs to be replaced
. At the time of the drawdown, the GPU frequency drops.

L
Lex one 17.04.22

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
His GPU frequency drops during drawdown.
That's right, the percentage did not have time to prepare the frames, VK is resting, lowering the frequency.
Wangyu again rests on the RAM, the GPU is not loaded.

S
Sayman95 17.04.22

There was such a problem not so long ago, when the 1660s appeared, R5 2600 percent. There were also similar friezes, but only after a certain time. The decision to change the API from DX12 to Vulkan helped. If you play on direct, try to put a volcano. Do not listen to stories about replacing the processor, because there are 0 friezes on my

X
X_ray_83 17.04.22

Lex-one
He did not create the topic, and there the latency of the memory is 100! And what are the "problems" and "may" be)))

01001000 01101001 17.04.22

Sayman95 wrote:
There were also similar friezes, but only after a certain time.
By the way, yes, I agree. DX12 curve. The game runs smoother on the volcano. But I didn’t have friezes, but staters. Switched and gone.
Sayman95 wrote:
Don't listen to the story about changing the CPU, because mine has 0 friezes
What's yours (especially yours), that this one is rather weak for such a card. 5600X is quite cheap on Ali, you can and should replace it. The percent is excellent, and its core is much more powerful.

S
Sayman95 17.04.22

01001000 01101001
Perhaps you are right about the card account, it's just that your friends have personal examples, one has R5 2600 + 3060ti, the other also has R5 3600 + 3070, and they are all right. Of course, these prots do not fully reveal these cards, but there is a nice gameplay. So I don't think it's the issue.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

01001000 01101001
You yourself are crooked! Play the game first, then breathe on it with your poor 5950x. I have never played, probably, but I drew conclusions. I have about a thousand hours there, gardener. And on Vulcan, the game goes poorly on green cards. Much better on dx12. He hung himself with a huge number of unnecessary cores, and with some kind of gtx 960 card and pretends to be a first-class installer master in games. Where are the proofs that the game goes worse on dx12 with cards of the 3xxxx series?

X
X_ray_83 17.04.22

Sayman95
It's a matter of memory, he has already been written to change either the memory, or to shamanize with the settings, he did not get it!
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/video/rx_6600_xt_padaet_chastota_videokarty-1011722/

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

Sayman95
Spoiler Yes, his religion is probably not in order, since he carries such a witch's heresy. There are no proofs, but there are so many words that even my cat speaks less. Or he plays on a pirate, where the patches are a hundred years ago. For more than a year, adequate guys have switched to dx12 in this game. There is soap on Vulkanishche, for example, the back of a horse is soapy, the boards are soapy, the roofs are wooden with a poor rendering, which cannot be said on dx12. Either he pecks in the eye that he does not see the difference, or he is really blind. That he writes heresy in Siberia, so he managed to jump even higher and got to the holy Redemshen 2. I follow him everywhere now. This is how some people play the pirate Valhalla with the first patches and spread the stench that supposedly there is poor optimization))))) The hand of an ancient hippo egg, where they are generally created by such gardeners ... At the same time, they are even afraid to throw proofs, masters of balabol fight) ))

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

The light of righteousness against the darkness of medieval heresy. I have said everything, for this is the way to the gates of heaven!

3Lexas 17.04.22

the game has so-so optimization, nothing surprising

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

3Lexas
On the fourth stump - yes)

K
KENIG_39 17.04.22

3Lexas
has everything with optimization, I started it on the FX-8320 and GTX1060 6GB, 24RAM, if you don’t twist the graphics to the point of stupidity, provided that the car doesn’t take out, then you can easily get your 30 frames. so no need to poison tales about optimization