3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
night channel 17.04.22 10:28 pm

Games with a strong visual style released before 2010

Before Hotline Miami and a number of indie games came out, games didn't use flashy, acidic visuals very often. What games from the 90s and 2000s were distinguished by their striking visual style? Audiosurf comes to mind.
9 Comments
Sort by:
r
requiemmm 17.04.22

Quest for Glory.

y
yariko okami 17.04.22

So far, only Threads of Fate (epsxe) comes to mind, the picture is not "acid", but moderately bright, the game still has a rather interesting plot and gameplay
Spoiler

M
MunchkiN 616 17.04.22

Any cell shading comes to mind, basically implying a bright visual style. if it’s some kind of unique, memorable, which is difficult to confuse, then I don’t remember the names of the games. if it's just a funny cringe picture, then instant and majik 3-heen and wizardry 7 are some for example.
if specifically acid gamut, then I don’t particularly remember anything like that, maybe there is some part of the need for speed, there was some kind of vandert bridge and it’s worth looking at 2005-7 when the full-screen bloom was powerfully used.

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

I make them all acid visual through Reshades) Well, I like the colorfulness in the game, what can I do)

y
yariko okami 17.04.22

Yes, I agree with the comment above, in theory, you can turn any game into an "acid" game by playing with the monitor settings. That's just a rather dubious pleasure, a bright picture is good, but everything needs a measure.
Well, here's another game with a bright picture of
Spyro

l
lapwing mouse 17.04.22

yariko ookami
I have never played with monica settings, but through ansel, retinues, reshades, graphic mods, the picture in the game is moderately for myself) But there are initially acid games where you can play without these manipulations. For example The Ascent.

D
Danilozavr 14.05.22

Well... If you can write about games released in 2010 itself, then Just Cause 2.

f
frendzy 14.05.22

torchlight 1

S
Slayer1993 16.11.22

Jet Set Radio!