3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KISFly 23.04.22 12:48 am

Character nickname stolen (Diablo 2)

The question may be old, but still. How is it even possible to steal a character? On HC, someone under the *nub9 account is engaged in such fishing. Selects names and engages in extortion. Isn't it already so easy to just go ahead and create a character with someone else's name?
30 Comments
Sort by:
M
MyatKO. 23.04.22

QLinkee, if the fact of impersonating another player is confirmed, then, of course, punishment will follow, so far there have been no complaints about this particular issue (at least to me). It is not forbidden to use other people's names of characters.

l
lightpet 23.04.22

What about other people creating game accounts like KlSfly / KISfIy / KlSfIy (if, for example, KISfly has a KISfly account (or even if there is no such account))?

M
MyatKO. 23.04.22

Lightpet what?

y
yamas 23.04.22

Lightpet
Good question

T
Travodur 23.04.22

By the way, a couple of days before the reset, the dude let him drive, so he was thrown with the name of the Persian, similar to mine)

l
lightpet 23.04.22

MyatKO.
1. Well, let's say there is someone on the forum with the nickname KISfly. Let's say he has the same name acc in the game.
Suppose a certain *nub100509, knowing that KisFly has a lot of good and helpful friends, because he is a good dude, creates an acc, in the name of which he changes two very similar letters as he wants - capital Ai and capital El.
At what point are these accounts or actions from them identified as "impersonating another player", which is punishable? Is it enough just to create such accounts? Or should the player proudly declare somewhere at 8 ppl: "I am KisFly!"? Or should he beg something from KisFly's friends? Or not just beg, but also beg? (well, there will already be complaints, the facts will prove, Nuba100509 will be tied).

2. Everything is the same, but let's imagine that KisFly does not have an account of the same name in the game.

And what if an attacker from a similar account recreates a character ripped by KisFly? While he is being punished, he will 100% divorce at least half of the CF friends.

If people, knowing about the crafts of a certain player, do not check with a simple khuiz whether Lena is real or unbearded, God himself orders them to step on this rake with accs, like a rake with names.

K
KISFly 23.04.22

OK. The hijacking scheme is already clear, it remains only to figure out how to catch the thief. Indeed, sometimes this fruit impersonates another player. But until a certain point, until he is specifically asked for certain actions related to the former owner of the character. Yes, and basically it is the same figure with the main account *pk7 and the character pk-sor. I really don't care about the actions of typical PCs on Hardcore (e), but his actions are beyond the scope of ethics. Many well-known character Die-Die quietly and silently poured out the unlucky ones without extorting or asking for anything.

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 23.04.22

Lightpet
will be punished by the admin if he decides that this is required,
and he is very, very intelligent
, so there is no need for him to breed legal matan here, either he is guilty and will go to the bathhouse, or he is innocent and will merge bishibosh with Lena, since he likes it so much

M
MyatKO. 23.04.22

If impersonation of another player really takes place, then you should send a complaint to [email protected], supporting this with an evidence base (screenshots, respectively).

T
T Fox 23.04.22

In that season, there were 5 fake kvrs hanging in the chat, but one was banned - who begged for runes. And he was banned only after a day or two.