3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
maxzeva 23.04.22 01:01 am

4K display resolution for laptop

Has anyone bought a laptop with this display resolution? What are the advantages over 1080p? Is it worth overpaying money, and indeed the impressions in general?
38 Comments
Sort by:
S
SeFeRus 23.04.22

I do not understand what "no diagonal" means. I am sure that even a person with limited vision will see the difference in a 4k display, and 1080p on a 15-inch diagonal. Just conveying it to people who have never seen it is very difficult!

L
Lisstoman 23.04.22

Considering that even the top normal cards do not export such a resolution, and in laptops there are cards 2 times weaker (to get gtx 980, you need to have 2x980m in the laptop) 4k is wild for a laptop. Well, only if you sit in the browser

A
Allinos 23.04.22

By the way, I found fps indicators for the 980th on the network, playable.
http://i69.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0521/72/4cd8adfab34414a0bbebb5a6fa63f072.png

R
Raykor 23.04.22

SeFeRus
Of course he will, only with the release of the 10th version of Windows the difference will not be so noticeable, since it will be optimized for such a screen resolution!

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

So you didn’t throw it off for 4K. It's only FullHD. For 4K, I have not yet seen tests in games. especially for mobile graphics

A
Allinos 23.04.22

Yes, but even for Full HD it was not easy to find, for 4K there are still really no reviews, let alone tests. However, this is quite significant, albeit on a full HD.

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

For Full HD and do all the tests of video cards. 1980x1020 Ultra settings. How else do you think video cards are tested?

R
Raykor 23.04.22

Here is a link where these video cards are also tested with games in 4K resolution and at high settings http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html

A
Allinos 23.04.22

maxzeva
That's because the review resulted above Raykor. By the way, thanks, otherwise I didn’t find it myself, the numbers are very indicative.

R
Raykor 23.04.22

Moreover, quite good indicators, moreover, tests that were done in 4K resolution using high settings, so if you reduce something, you can increase the number of fps

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

definitely not thick. max 20 fps? it is already better to play at 1980, then the picture will still be as beautiful.

A
Allinos 23.04.22

Well, these 20 fps will not be everywhere, many games will normally pull. Yes, and it's nice to use a beech in 4K, only in the most demanding ones to switch to a smaller resolution.

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

Are you joking now? You yourself saw the test results for 4K, what are you talking about? We are not talking about games at all. Maximum 4K on the desktop, and then while the plug is on Windows, it cannot work normally with it

-
-SK.art- 23.04.22

Today I posted a video in another topic:
PS: 4k for a laptop is pampering and complete crap, as for me. There and Full HD, sometimes superfluous .. These typewriters 1366 x 768 are the most. What is there at 15 "you can see something, puff your eyes into this small screen ..

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 23.04.22

The limit for a laptop is 1600x900, and then for 17 "models. They don't need more.

A
Allinos 23.04.22

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
Let me guess, it's because you have one? :)
In general, there is no limit to perfection, and if there is, it seems to me that it is higher.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 23.04.22

allividic
I generally have 1024x768. If he had a better matrix in itself, he would be completely satisfied. There is also with 1366x768.
And what about a laptop with FullHD, what about 1600x900 - there the difference is visually indistinguishable (only if you don’t lean close to the screen and start looking for pixels). And there will be less lag. With laptops, this is the main problem.

R
Raykor 23.04.22

Well, I don’t know, I have FullHD resolution on Windows 15 and it’s quite good, but on Windows 8 the icons look a little small, but with the release of the 10th version of the OS, this problem will be completely solved!