3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vasyaholly 10.05.22 11:54 pm

Game won't start (Fallout 76)

Previously, it was easy to play. About 3 months ago I deleted it and reinstalled it today, and after launching it hangs in my processes for 5 seconds, and then, without any errors, it crashes. The only thing that has changed in the PC during this time is that it used to be on the HDD, and a week ago I bought NVMe and installed the game on it. I have already deleted all kinds of Riva Tuner, Msi Afterburner, Avast, checked the integrity of the files, demolished everything from the Documents, nothing helps.

So far, the only thing I have been able to achieve is when I launch the game, and it appears in the Task Manager, and if at the right time I guess and set some priority for the game, the window with the game pops up, but unfortunately nothing happens beyond this window and only through the Dispatcher it turns out to be closed.
30 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 10.05.22

vasyaholly
vasyaholly wrote:
...Riva Tuner, Msi Afterburner... removed...
The game now blocks them, or conflicts with them? - there were no problems before (I played in 2020), I calmly monitored Burner with RTSS during the game and even recorded video.
SpoilerConfigs in the profile and video captions.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly
Have you transferred your account to Steam? Or through the besedkin launcher launched?

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

SonyK_2
I don't know if it blocks or not. It’s just that I read absolutely everything on the Internet, and redid absolutely everything that was advised. That is, now I can name any thing, I did everything, with the exception of only reinstalling Windows, because for the sake of one game I'm not going to do this. Yes, yesterday I even changed the video card from GTX 960 4GB to RTX 3060, and the problem did not go away

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
I bought the game in Steam and launched it through it. The Besedka launcher has never been installed on the computer, and the only thing where the login was asked is in the game itself, but now it doesn’t even start, it just stupidly disappears from the processes after 5 seconds without errors. I have already really done everything except reinstalling Windows, which I will not do.
For the sake of interest, I installed the Launcher, you can’t run the game through it, because I didn’t buy it in it. Even if I just keep it open and launch it through Steam, everything is the same, after 5 seconds the game itself closes

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

So, once the game let me in. Deleted the appcache folder in Steam and the game started up and showed me the opening video and "Press any key". The game did not respond to anything, even when the gamepad was turned up. Only when the Dispatcher opened via Ctrl+Alt+Del did the sound appear that the key was pressed. The music remained playing, but I was no longer allowed into the game.
Now I'm trying to repeat it, but nothing comes out.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

SonyK_2 wrote:
The game now blocks them, or conflicts with them? - there were no problems before
No, it does not block and does not conflict - for the sake of interest, I launched the first rah today after transferring the profile to Steam. Everything is fine.
vasyaholly wrote: removed
everything from Documents, Removed everything
from the My DocumentsMy GamesFallout 76 directory?

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
Yes. And deleted everything from there, and deleted everything from AppData. And I just tried to edit .ini files in different ways - nothing helps.
I opened the ports on the router for the game - it did not help. VPN included - did not help. Launched the game in offline mode - did not help.
I read somewhere that when Steam gave this game 3 days to play for free, you played it, and then bought the game, but now you are faced with such a problem. I just played those 3 days, and then I bought the game. Therefore, the solution is supposedly, it is necessary to untie the account on the Bethesda website and then bind it again.
I unlinked the Steam account on the Bethesda website - it did not help, I tied it back - it did not help.
As I already wrote, absolutely everything that is possible to do to launch the game - I have already tried.
The only thing I can’t do is 2 points
1 - reinstall Windows, because for the sake of one game I don’t want to do this, although yes, many write that it helps
2 - update the firewood for the mother and percent. Here, too, is not an option, because the Mutant costs, and the mother is stitched under it. But in defense of this, I want to write that the update of the drivers did not help many, well, even before, somehow, the game worked fine on this system, after all. Yes, and absolutely all games now run smoothly without problems, from the oldest to the newest, and even checked other games from Bethesda, including TES Online and Fallout 4, they work.
Here on the forum, and in the Steam discussions, some people have also already encountered exactly the same problem, but unfortunately no one has found a simple solution

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly Have
you tried to contact the technical support of the gazebo? There is clearly some problem with the game itself. As far as I remember, the username and password of the gazebo account is requested in the game itself at the first start. And here, even as I understand it, it doesn’t even come to that. In general, the gazebo account data is stored in the Fallout76Custom.ini file, in the [Login] section. Just in case, look at what you have written there.

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
Support ignores. There is no such [Login] section in Fallout76Custom.ini. Was she ever there at all? Even just deleting this file, and even the entire folder, nothing changes and the game does not start, but creates only 2 new files Fallout76.ini and Fallout76Prefs.ini

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

So a new joke. I had the Documents folder on the HDD, transferred it to NVMe, and now the game has time to show a black screen, and then crash.

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

Does anyone have the game installed without any mods? I'm just wondering how much someone's game weighs and how many files it contains if you click on the Fallout76 Folder Options? I have
Size: 74.2 GB (79,751,920,760 bytes)
Disk Size: 74.2 GB (79,752,327,168 bytes)
Contains: Files: 160, Folders: 5

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly
I don't have any mods after transferring my profile to Steam:
Spoiler

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK Is
n't it difficult to take screenshots of what is inside the folders? (If you can still send screenshots, then please make a View in the form of a Table so that the size of the files can be seen).
It's just really not clear where to dig. Everyone who has encountered this problem writes that reinstalling Windows only helps, but I still want to understand what the real problem is, and maybe there is still a way to solve it not so radically.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly
I think it would be more correct to compare the checksums of the files. After all, it is possible that the size is the same, but the content is different. In the case of a checksum, changing even one bit will lead to a change in the checksum.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/aVrWCbzdEOuu9w - here I posted a file with checksums of all files. CRC32 checksums.

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
In general, only the Fallout76.ini file did not pass the test. Can you send it?
Although I understand in advance that this is unlikely to change anything, but still. I check everything in a row))

Maybe someone else has some ideas where the dog is buried? Well, there should be an option in which you can cure the game without reinstalling Windows, but I have already lost all ideas.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly
Sent the file in PM. Even wondering if it helps. Although it is also somewhat doubtful. Usually this file is used at the first start and that's it. Or if there is no ini file in the settings directory in the user profile.

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
The file did not help unfortunately, although I thought so in advance, but I had to check. Even if I delete this file and start the game, it doesn't get created automatically.

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

In general, I already wrote Fallout in the Registry and deleted all files and / or folders that were associated with Fallout 76 - it did not help

B
BlackTigerTK 10.05.22

vasyaholly
The file in the game folder should be. This is generally part of the game itself during installation. It is created at the first start, if there is no ini-file, in the My DocumentsMy GamesFallout 76 directory:
Spoiler
I also found that there are files in the user profile C:Users\AppDataLocalFallout76 the number of shader cache files, as I understand it, is with the dds extension. Try to clean it up?

v
vasyaholly 10.05.22

BlackTigerTK
This is the simplest and almost the first thing I did. I deleted and edited. Nothing helps.
As I wrote above, once the game let me in a little bit, when I took it all down, plus I took down the appcache folder in Steam. But I couldn't do it anymore