3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
another imbecile 10.05.22 11:54 pm

How and where to install English on Diablo II LOD 1.14d (Diablo 2)

Since I play diablo 2 repack, most of them are offered with Russian voice acting and text. When I more or less advanced in the game, I decided to go for uber quests, but a problem arose, from the answers of this forum it turned out that English was needed so that the game would not crash. But in search, I did not find where it would be possible to change the language to English; rather, it gives me links in the opposite situation, so I decided to turn to the community of this forum again, where you can install English on Diablo 2.
27 Comments
Sort by:
E
Exeline 14.05.22

T-Fox
Well, the remaster was fully voiced in Russian and made the correct translation. Due to the new graphics, you can see the clothes you are wearing (although there is no variety in them, the maximum will be
repainted in a different color).
spiritual-heirs-whatever.
I remembered what it is like when you get a yellow piece of clothing, and it has all the necessary attributes on it.
Just like in PoE. More precisely, this PoE stole a lot of things from the diablo.

S
Sweety_Mustard 14.05.22

Exeline wrote: there is no
correct translation
of this. "Skill casting speed", "20% chance to block", etc.

E
Exeline 14.05.22

Sweety_Mustard
There is no error.
Faster Cast Rate can be modified equiping items to reduce the cast time.
And the chance of a block is considered not only by this attribute, there are others.
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Blocking

S
Sweety_Mustard 14.05.22

Exeline
says "20% chance to block" on the shield. This is misleading. In the original - "increase chance of blocking". The same with recovery on objects - in Rusik it says "+% faster recovery after hit" - it seems so, the original - "+% faster hit recovery" - the meaning is lost again.
Skills can be different - for example, the blocking skill is the same, the rusik does not indicate spells (stsuko, but in the Titan quest it is precisely "spell speed"), but skills.

All this is clear when I already played, but for a beginner they can simply put such pearls on 4 bones) And I haven’t dug into it yet - it’s purely what immediately catches your eye.

This is due to the fact that for several years Blizzard has not hired locals for localization, but has been using one sharaga - for all languages, hence machine translation.

D
Doberman 14.05.22

T-Fox
, by the way, you noticed that there is no need to update the lock after the chain. clamped with any skill, switched on the body and back to the skill, now all this without releasing the mouse, imba druid :D

T
T Fox 14.05.22

Dobermn No
, I'm updating in the old fashioned way. From this I did not pay attention that it is no longer necessary. Cool, but the enemy will now also have such an opportunity;)

D
Doberman 14.05.22

I also update T-Fox
out of habit, but it’s cool, if I didn’t have time, then it still remains; D
but not all opponents need it, barb with Asya and the druid don’t have many duels where they are chained; D

blizzy is still very convenient to throw in 2 times further))