3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kot Leopold 11.05.22 11:20 pm

Did you like the story? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What are your impressions of the game's ending? To be honest, I was somehow disappointed, compared to the previous two parts, the completion of the trilogy definitely lacked the scale and Intrigue, and this is after the Assassins of Kings! where I wanted to replay the game several times in different ways, enlisting the support of various characters and parties in order to unravel all the secrets and compose a complete storyline (so the first time passing for Roche, you could not even find out about the conspiracies of the sorceresses and who is the Dragon). In the wild hunt, we got the main story straight as a rail, and the impact on the state of the world was essentially reduced to zero, all key decisions will be reflected only in the afterword (in which for some reason they didn’t say a word about other important people in the game such as Philip, Buttercup, Zoltan, Priscila, Vernon, etc.) again strange compared to game number 2,

Compared to the first part, there was not enough plot tension here, which would grow as it progressed, and towards the end it would develop into something large-scale (then I really got cool emotions when Vizima was engulfed in war, the uprising of nonhumans was in full swing, and we this was the time to finish up with the Salamanders and the Order of the Flaming Rose). IMHO, with the growth of interest, everything was in order until the episode with the battle in Kaer Morhen, then the excitement began to decline because there were no big secrets, just "you need to kill the wild hunt", in the final hours of the game I was completely bored. The scale also let us down, I expected that our decisions would affect the fate of the region, and not just in the video after the credits, but naturally, so that we could see the clash of the troops of the north and the nilfs in Nograd, witnessed the restoration and action of the lodge of sorceresses, etc. By that I mean that the end of the plot with the battle against the Wild Hunt did not have enough epic scenery, made up of secondary stories that would reflect the changes in the world. In fact, the impression was made that the world is static during the denouement.

What do you think of it? In anticipation, I’ll say that I really liked the game as a whole, but the above listed moments upset me, especially against the background of how cool they were played in the previous parts of the saga.
47 Comments
Sort by:
B
Blackstormed 11.05.22

IMHO, the best thing that was done in the game in terms of the quality of the plot is the Baron's quest line.

B
Blackstormed 11.05.22

Elite User
Disagree. To make an analogue of development in the second witcher would be almost impossible in an open world. Then the game would have been made for another 5 years. The global line is unchanged, but there is no linearity for individual quests. And the decisions made are really reflected in the consequences. I don't know how it could have been better.

E
Elite User 11.05.22

Blackstormed
Spoiler The branch about the killer in Novigrad, the branch about rescuing sorcerers are also not bad, but they are additional ones. In general, according to the interestingness of the Witcher 3, I personally lose to parts 1 and 2. Waiting for DLC.

A
Alexander Sky 11.05.22

Blackstormed
Nothing) everything is ok))

K
Kot Leopold 11.05.22

The second Witcher is still much more interesting in terms of history, and everything is staged in such a stylish way, remember the trailer)

K
Kosolapyi1 11.05.22

I agree with everyone. Before Kaer Morhen everything was perfect. And then I went, I'm not afraid to say, Dragon Age Inquisition, including the ending ... Honestly, before the release, I doubted the graphics and optimization (for obvious reasons), but I was absolutely calm about the plot and especially its ending. And it turned out that the first two are at my best (not a single bug), but the ending... Happy ending is good, but I was expecting an epic happy ending with cutscenes, emotions and cool dialogues, but not Dragon Age Inquisition ..
Do you think they will fix it or still put a bolt ?

E
Elite User 11.05.22

Kosolapyi1
Correct when the game got one tens? Naive.

K
Kosolapyi1 11.05.22

Elite User
I also think so. But dozens were put without knowing the ending, I'm sure of it.
But still, this game really deserves a better ending.

A
Alexander Sky 11.05.22

you don’t know what to expect from the creators) or maybe they conceived the ending in this way so that the continuation would come out the most epic)

X
X_ray_83 11.05.22

Book ending! So all your choices are nothing. )))

P
Playersaharan 11.05.22

In general, yes, as correctly noted above, it feels like the Poles, when developing the second half of the Wild Hunt, were equal to the last two Bioware games (which was a mistake). Well, at least the normal quests were washed down, and not what was in ME3 and DA:I.

u
u3epJlu 11.05.22

Still, I was more upset by the lack of consequences of the choices of previous games than the ending, because it's not such a secret that Ciri can stop the white cold (there is a lot written about this in the books), and in vain you say that no one about this panics, in the first part the villain, by the way, also wanted to prevent it (and in general, everyone who prays to eternal fire almost went crazy on this topic). And at the beginning of the game, when transferring saves, it would not hurt to have some sign with information about what choices were made in these saves, etc. (like what was in Mass Effect), otherwise when I sat down to play, I already forgot which save about what, I didn’t even know with whom I would have to twist the romance. Well, I liked the story, maybe it really should have ended with the battle in Kaer Morhen, but, to be honest, when it turned out that this was not the final, I was glad, I really did not want to leave the game. But now, when everything has been completed and only questions remained on the map, it has become boring.

z
zoomukc 11.05.22

Blackstormed
Searched for Ciri in Velen, Novigrad and Skelig. Next, the awesome atmosphere of the Isle of Mists and the brilliant battle in Kaer Morhen. I really thought that this was the end of the game (I didn’t read the game is designed for a gallop of hours). Further, everything is somehow too simple and straightforward, without ornament or something. You can’t just take it and ... At the Sabbat, they hung out and cocked the commander DO with witches. I went to the bathhouse to take a steam bath, and there bam - Phillipa washes. In prison, Rita stayed up for something - well, we will cut out the entire garrison without the slightest stealth. On Skeliga, the quests are soulless. Only with Ciri, the quests remained good: her friends in Navigrad, the laba Avalakha, etc. And at the end, Ciri was clearly deprived of a fighting game (game time), again Geralt, like a train, demolished everything.

A
Arbalet 11.05.22

It's strange ... For me, it's just the lack of epicness, exactly how "easily" (or rather - behind the scenes) Ciri defeated White Cold and makes the game scenario so brilliant. For, in fact, Geralt (and we) do not care about White Cold. We don't care that the world of the Alder Folk is collapsing, and that's what drives them to find their way into the world of the Witcher - they just don't have a choice. Does anyone in the game really sympathize with them? Seriously guys, these Aen Elle's are in serious trouble (like an unpaid mortgage and they're being evicted from their home) - you can sympathize with them! But we don't care. We hate them. For they offended Ciri.
Our world (that is, the world of the Witcher, I mean) - the world that gave birth to Geralt, the world in which he lives - is on the verge of destruction. Another hundred or two hundred years will pass (Geralt may even live before that), and the White Frost will destroy him if this same Frost is not stopped... So what? We don't care. We are ready to sacrifice the world so that Ciri does not climb into this damn Tower, and does not expose herself to mortal danger. Seriously, guys, did anyone manage to say with a light heart to this little bitch: "Okay, go ahead, or save all the worlds, I'll wait here"? Well, at least someone? Or did they try with all their might to dissuade her from climbing there, emphasizing that Akvalakh and his adored Lara, with their prophecy, were going on a long erotic journey? And anyway, even if the old elven knower is right, even if the White Frost really destroys worlds... it will be in 200 years!
The game makes us forget the importance of saving the world (all worlds!) for the safety and well-being of one single stupid girl! All our actions in the third part of this saga are to find Ciri, help Ciri, release Ciri from her burden, and everything else is collateral damage. The epicness of a global goal (a global goal that, probably, only heroes of an epic or even divine level could cope with in other games and books) is obscured, sacrificed for the love of one single girl.
And this, in my opinion, is an incredibly cool move. And the fact that not even we save the world, but someone so close to us only adds drama. The feeling of correctness, the need for the sacrifice of the Lion cub from Cintra (even if she dies in this tower) is almost not felt, completely replaced by a feeling of powerlessness and the inability to help her beloved daughter at this moment so important for all worlds.
Yes, maybe in the end of the game someone lacks epic, coolness, pathos, which other games on similar topics like to gush with. Instead, we are invited to simply feel the grief of a real father who understands that his beloved daughter is now sent to her death. But he did not stop, did not persuade, did not hit her on the head, and did not take her home on his shoulder.
What is called, feel the difference.

s
sniper2013 11.05.22

Everything would be fine, but the plot was perfect exactly before the battle in Kaer Morhen, after the battle, everything began to pick up momentum, suddenly everyone decided that it was time to act and after 2 hours the game ended.
"Damn it" - I said to myself when I saw that it was all over, naturally questions immediately appeared, for example
-Is that all? No more quests with old friends, no more finding out what happened in the world, only damn question marks left?
The most annoying thing is that it was the efforts of the developers to make part 3 the final one that forced them to take such a step, to abruptly cut off the story, in my opinion.
Again, the development of the story is too fast, in the first and second parts the main plot itself was much longer and more logical, especially in my opinion the first part is good here.
Now, after I saw everything that happened in the game world during my decisions, mentally imagining how everything could have been if I had made other decisions, I thought about what to do now, because my witcher is level 35, in the game is only 70, I opened all the questions and closed all the quests in the white garden and Novigrad with Velen, what happens, out of 150 questions on Skellige I will get the remaining 35 levels?
Further, Geralt is already as strong as a terminator, and from the very beginning I play pain and suffering on the difficulty, but there are no enemies who could at least do something to the witcher.
Regarding the promise of the developers that all quests are completed and executed manually, well, this is a lie.
I was delighted with the first 5 orders for monsters, and then it is clear that they are executed according to the same scheme.
The game, of course, is not for 60 hours of plot as the developers promised, if you do not take into account that you need to be at least level 22 to finish the game, because then according to the plot you will be wound up to the 30th, then the whole plot will take at most 3 hours.
This is not enough, but there are a lot of question marks in the game.
In short, the game is super and everything is fine, but it has never been a masterpiece, although I honestly admit that I myself considered the game a masterpiece until I saw the credits, all the magic was gone there, unfortunately.

z
zoomukc 11.05.22

All 3 endings received (rolling back). The most lame in terms of gameplay is the best: no activity in it. Some movement and poor dialogues. There is no Yen, no Buttercup and Zoltan, no monster hunting. Even the sword of Zirael was not tested.

Eh, in the end the whole impression was spoiled by the developers. They were in a hurry, that's for sure. And the ending quests could certainly be stretched out for an hour or two and filled with movement, and not show a slideshow of mediocre pictures.

s
sxdemon 11.05.22

Arbalet
Whom do you sympathize with? Aen Elle? With a head not boom boom? Or have you read the original books? Well, in short ... they filled up a bunch of worlds. They made experiments on others and considered themselves superior. They killed all the people. Captured, enslaved foreign worlds. Almost ciri ott ..... whether. in order for them to get a child of higher blood with super powers. Ciri herself they despise and hate to the very ears. Ciri is not a stupid girl, again we read books! Her childhood was, shall we say, very, very difficult. Well, I agree about the donation ... it was too hard to let her go. But he didn’t dissuade her from the game, but wished her good luck, because he believed in her. Tried to play canonical to the book. in the end, a happy ending... but unfortunately a bit too abrupt. A lot of questions.

A
Arbalet 11.05.22

sxdemon wrote:
Who do you sympathize with? Aen Elle? With a head not boom boom? Or have you read the original books? Well, in short ... they filled up a bunch of worlds. They made experiments on others and considered themselves superior. They killed all the people. Captured, enslaved foreign worlds. Almost ciri ott ..... whether. in order for them to get a child of higher blood with super powers. Ciri herself they despise and hate to the very ears.

I spoke about the REASON. The reason why the Alder People are doing this... And again, it's worth reading the book to understand this.
Imagine that... well, a plague has come to your city. The plague is incurable. It mows down people by the hundreds and threatens to completely destroy the population of the city, even after a couple of generations. And now, after a very short time, you realize that the houses whose owners have died have begun to fill with rats, that rats are running around the streets, digging through garbage and garbage, that they don’t care about the plague at all. Wouldn't you try to study it? And if for this you have to kill a couple of dozen, even very cute and beautiful rats, would you go for it? And when it turns out that in order to overcome the plague, you need to pull out some very tricky gene that rats have, but people don’t (and it’s not just “not there”, it’s just lost, but used to be), you wouldn’t try this somehow graft a gene return? Even if someone has to lie down with some mutant rat for this?
The situation from the point of view of Aen Elle - looks exactly like this. As such, hatred for Ciri (for a rat that has the desired gene, due to some wild coincidence, despite years of work, in an attempt to remove this gene from people) is secondary. It stems from contempt for all d'hoine and from envy that one of the "fanged ones" (the elves in the original have no fangs at all) received the necessary gene, while the elves do not have it.

sxdemon wrote:
Ciri is not a stupid girl, read books again! Her childhood was, shall we say, very, very difficult.

I don’t quite understand how a difficult childhood is connected with mental abilities, but oh well ... About the stupidity of Ciri, I mentioned in connection with her idiotic-suicidal desire to save the worlds, under the influence of Avalakha. When she climbed into this Tower, I was absolutely sure that she would not return. And this, from the point of view of Geralt (and me) is idiocy, because the White Wolf (and me) did not need a world (all worlds) in which there would be no Ciri.

sxdemon wrote:
But he did not dissuade her from the game, but wished her good luck, because he believed in it.
Oh-re-no...

X
Xabib1 11.05.22

Can you meet Ciri, Triss, Yennefer and others after beating the game??

S
SayreX 11.05.22

Xabib1
No.