3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kot Leopold 11.05.22 11:20 pm

Did you like the story? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What are your impressions of the game's ending? To be honest, I was somehow disappointed, compared to the previous two parts, the completion of the trilogy definitely lacked the scale and Intrigue, and this is after the Assassins of Kings! where I wanted to replay the game several times in different ways, enlisting the support of various characters and parties in order to unravel all the secrets and compose a complete storyline (so the first time passing for Roche, you could not even find out about the conspiracies of the sorceresses and who is the Dragon). In the wild hunt, we got the main story straight as a rail, and the impact on the state of the world was essentially reduced to zero, all key decisions will be reflected only in the afterword (in which for some reason they didn’t say a word about other important people in the game such as Philip, Buttercup, Zoltan, Priscila, Vernon, etc.) again strange compared to game number 2,

Compared to the first part, there was not enough plot tension here, which would grow as it progressed, and towards the end it would develop into something large-scale (then I really got cool emotions when Vizima was engulfed in war, the uprising of nonhumans was in full swing, and we this was the time to finish up with the Salamanders and the Order of the Flaming Rose). IMHO, with the growth of interest, everything was in order until the episode with the battle in Kaer Morhen, then the excitement began to decline because there were no big secrets, just "you need to kill the wild hunt", in the final hours of the game I was completely bored. The scale also let us down, I expected that our decisions would affect the fate of the region, and not just in the video after the credits, but naturally, so that we could see the clash of the troops of the north and the nilfs in Nograd, witnessed the restoration and action of the lodge of sorceresses, etc. By that I mean that the end of the plot with the battle against the Wild Hunt did not have enough epic scenery, made up of secondary stories that would reflect the changes in the world. In fact, the impression was made that the world is static during the denouement.

What do you think of it? In anticipation, I’ll say that I really liked the game as a whole, but the above listed moments upset me, especially against the background of how cool they were played in the previous parts of the saga.
47 Comments
Sort by:
I
Incognito21blr 11.05.22

The last 4-5 quests are sucked out of the finger, not very much, but nishtyak)

K
KanoVoxLian 11.05.22

I personally liked the game, of course there are minor flaws, but what about them. Many thanks to the Poles.

F
Fatum Sibir 11.05.22

Complete satisfaction from the finale, I do not regret at all about the decisions and words I made, everything ended as I wanted. BUT!

It was a little embarrassing how little was said about the characters in the final game, which was clear with Buttercup from the books (he became a very revered poet and writer, published his work "Half a Century of Poetry" and everything is fine with Priscilla, judging by his words, during the winter) no worries about Zoltan at all - this dwarf will find a way out of any guzn =)

But what about Roche? Bianca? Leto's fate is also very interesting, and to find out how Hatori and Dudu Bieberveld could live side by side with blacks in Novigrad is also interesting, not a word about it and it's very sad ..

Not so much left before the release of the new Batman and there will be enough other activities, I will leave the world of Witcher 3 until the beginning of 2016 and there I think the game will already be completely polished with patches (now there are actually a lot of bugs, although there were only a couple of critical ones) I will buy add-ons and I will go through the game far and wide, on the first playthrough I managed to miss a lot of quests and the passage took 67 hours, very little for such a big game, I will catch up in half a year.

M
Mercurionio 11.05.22

I liked the ending (which I blinded according to the plot). Much better than the torn epic with ME, where even DLC was released for new endings (facepalm)

M
Mercurionio 11.05.22

Fatum Sibir
I think you will learn all this in the DLC, so I'm looking forward to 2016 with similar images, both DLC packs and rebalance mods. That's when I plunge into this beautiful (in terms of quality) world again.

F
Fatum Sibir 11.05.22

Mercurionio
Why fashion? The balance is now, to put it mildly, bad, I agree, but I’m sure by that time the developers will fix everything and there won’t be such nonsense as mine - in Velen I was afraid to get close to many high-level reptiles, and on Skellige I frankly mocked monsters, turning on the shield and drinking a couple of elixirs.

M
Mercurionio 11.05.22

Fatum Sibir
Well, they won't do that. In general, I'm waiting for the rebalance of ALL skills, otherwise bleeding at 2k per second is too much.