3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tesla707 12.05.22 01:08 am

Catalyst 14.4 disables Mantle in BF4 (Battlefield 4)

A couple of days ago, AMD released a new driver build that includes the new Mantle driver. Firstly, my test program posted in the Thief 2014 topic does not work on the new driver (AMD changed the function addresses and some offsets, so the driver and api need to be reanalyzed). Secondly, BF4 does not see Mantle at close range, although the same Thiref 2014 and Star Swarm Benchmark are easily launched on Mantle.
there is an opinion that this is only on GCN video cards of the 1st generation (i.e. HD7xxx Series). Who has R9 270 and R9 290, please unsubscribe about the presence of Mantle in BF4.
44 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

Why the hell do they do such firewood, at least don't update it anymore!
Now an hour of playing BF3 and a blue screen! I'm back on 13/12!
They seem to do everything for one last series of videos, but for the rest .....

t
tesla707 12.05.22

HoganHog what
about BF4? Is there a choice of which API to use?

Let me remind you that mantle in all three applications described above is available only on 64-bit operating systems.

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

Yes, besides, in the AMD CCC itself, in the performance section, only AMD OverDrive is listed, and in it (even from the previous firewood) there is an uncomfortable, stupid alteration!

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

BF4 had to be removed (I only had 1 SSD for 128g left) I needed a place, the choice fell on the 4th part of the game!
All the same, I just have a face, not Premium - therefore, figs with him! Mnu and in the 3rd doher of work!
In general, I could not bother with firewood at all !!!!!!!!!!!!

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

In now, as it should be mln ...

And there is no point in fucking doing garbage (installing new, new, straight zero) firewood, if the vidyuha is not .... Gee!
He dispersed his economy as much as he could and patties .... and firewood on 13.12 is the last of the series --- ADEQUATE for the masses, and not raw "bullshit" for "single" lucky people, such devices!

m
mister611 12.05.22

HoganHog
On "similar devices" I also consider the best firewood for today 13.12. They are tested on all games, no lags, and I did not see the difference between Direct 11 and Mantle at all, and this way and that rushing to the fullest. In my case, for BF4, direct 11 is generally better, because. through Mantle you can’t run the game in 3D mode, and this is not the same ... I think it’s always better to install certified firewood, and the beta is dumb .. When overclocking
the card and controlling the operation of the cooler and voltages, I always use not a catalyst, but MSI Afterburner - the program is much more convenient and more functional than catalyst settings, it also perfectly monitors processes.

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

I have ASUS GPU Tweak for overclocking because the card is from ASUS, it's just that in Catalyst the values ​​u200bu200bare changing too, which is natural!

m
mister611 12.05.22

ASUS GPU Tweak is good, but it does not have a software user auto mode for controlling the cooler, only automatic and manual as in catalyst. Therefore, I still use MSI Afterburner, there are no competitors to this program today. Manufacturers' software does not bring anything new to the user, which is not in MSI Afterburner, which, on the contrary, has additional useful features. Now I have a card from ASUS, until recently there was a couple of 6950 from HIS, I tried everything, but I did not find an alternative to MSI Afterburner and there have never been any conflicts or lags.

M
Mister-x-3113 12.05.22

Let's see what kind of firewood.))) I'll unsubscribe later.

M
Mikhail Rabinovich 12.05.22

don't put my video is not working now

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

mister611
And what is this?

m
mister611 12.05.22

HoganHog
Exactly! Thanks for the info buddy, otherwise I didn’t notice this function right off the bat, I was really disappointed, now I’ll know)) By the way, yesterday, like new firewood came out 14.4 http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os =Windows+7+-+64 time to update everyone ))

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

mister611 By the way,
yesterday like new firewood came out 14.4......
I also overlooked something
Topic name......
Catalyst 14.4 disables Mantle in BF4... we are talking about these firewood!
of..set...
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win8-64.aspx

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

I'm still waiting for this function to be done ... They promise on the 3rd version of the program, and even they have already forgotten or scored on the 3rd version!

And so I use the chic Bandicam program because I don’t like fraps !!!!

m
mister611 12.05.22

I found the cooler control)) It didn’t work right away .. I set myself a schedule so that the temperature in games would not exceed 70 degrees.
On the topic of the forum - that Mantle, that Dx11 on the new 14.4 firewood work well, smoothly and clearly, I did not find a difference in performance, the frame rate is the same.

HoganHog Topic
title......
Catalyst 14.4 disables Mantle in BF4...that's what we're talking about! the theme was created with 14.4 beta drivers, new certified (whql) just came out yesterday.

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

And I get only Betovskie and set, well, I won’t try again!
He blew up the stairs! And on my Asus HD 7870 (Diablo3), even with my overclocking, 45% of the revolutions is enough on a permanent basis, even 65 degrees does not happen, even though you play all day!

m
mister611 12.05.22

HoganHog
Still, it's worth installing 14.4 WHQL - there are new ones, especially certified ones. I played Mantle all morning today - no complaints, in general, put new ones and try, just be sure to clean off the old firewood.
And the stairs, yes. In general, for modern cards, the norm is 80-90 degrees, but I don’t like such numbers in the old fashioned way, so I add turns. The card is ticking, there is not much noise, which is 48% of the cooler operation (this is the ceiling set by default by the manufacturer, the card warmed up in battle to 85-88 degrees), which is 70% (the temperature climbs a little over 70 degrees in three hours of playing BF4) .
It is better to look at the temperature according to BF4, and not according to Diablo3 - I think it will increase in the battle, it squeezes all the juice from the map, the best optimization.

H
Hogan Hog 12.05.22

Yes, no ... Diablo3 --- it's just me calling the card!

In terms of the game, I didn’t play Diablo, I don’t play and never will, not mine! And I gave the mouse pad (which is included) to a friend!

m
mister611 12.05.22

clear )))

t
tesla707 12.05.22

From the discussions, I conclude:
mantle in the game battlefield 4 only works on:
- either on video cards of the 2nd generation (R9 2xx)
- or on video cards with 3GB or more video memory

in this case, AMD swelled up and deliberately limited the range of video cards running on mantle, t .to. on 14.3 beta, I played bf4 on mantle and could choose api in the game settings, which I can’t do now and bf4 only runs on DirectX.