3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tesla707 12.05.22 01:08 am

Catalyst 14.4 disables Mantle in BF4 (Battlefield 4)

A couple of days ago, AMD released a new driver build that includes the new Mantle driver. Firstly, my test program posted in the Thief 2014 topic does not work on the new driver (AMD changed the function addresses and some offsets, so the driver and api need to be reanalyzed). Secondly, BF4 does not see Mantle at close range, although the same Thiref 2014 and Star Swarm Benchmark are easily launched on Mantle.
there is an opinion that this is only on GCN video cards of the 1st generation (i.e. HD7xxx Series). Who has R9 270 and R9 290, please unsubscribe about the presence of Mantle in BF4.
44 Comments
Sort by:
F
FuckNato 12.05.22

So the question is: update Catalyst 14.1 to 14.4. ? I began to notice that the FPS sags heavily in BF4! On DX11.1 Before that, there was a Catalyst adding a mantle to the BF settings, the FPS was higher, but the picture went with micro jerks?! rolled back the catalyst became normal.
Quad core 4.2 GHz Radeon 7870, Windows 8.1 -64 RAM 8 GB

m
mister611 12.05.22

FucNato
14.4 is currently the newest certified driver for AMD cards, of course it is worth updating, it works fine without any complaints, I have tried it on many games since its release. The fact that, as you write, Mantle support for 7000 series cards is gone is not such a big loss, if the c / processor copes with the game, this support is not needed. For example, I don’t see any difference at all, what’s on the direct, what’s on Mantle. They disabled support for this technology in the latest drivers for cards of the previous series, possibly due to inappropriate results during testing in beta versions of firewood (detection of lags and other inconveniences that could not be fixed), it’s just that something is missing in the hardware itself, but As I already wrote - the loss is not big. From Mantle today I think more noise than good.
I advise you to download and install drivers only from the office. site, otherwise you can run into drivers with a "gift" (virus) inside, and then be surprised that something is wrong .. http://support.amd.com/en-us

t
tesla707 12.05.22

mister611
there is a possibility that everything works on the license, tk. on a pirate with R9 280 3GB in the game settings there is also no choice of mantle.

I want to clarify that the mantle was not cut down for HD 7000 Series video cards, tk. Thief 2014 and StarSwarm continue to work fine on this API.

most likely the mantle driver has been redesigned for better optimization of Battlefield 4 (as it was done in the same Thief 2014) and most likely DICE has updated the game (or rather the executable). And crackers break only major updates, where there are a lot of fixes and other things, and they missed this update by the ears. That's all.

do you have a license? Does your R9 290 mantle work in bf4? If yes, please check on a pirate (the latest actual update from 3DM Update11).

m
mister611 12.05.22

tesla707
"that the mantle was not cut down for HD 7000 Series video cards, because Thief 2014 and StarSwarm continue to work normally on this API" - then it is clear that the problem is only in a pirated game. I really only have BF4 with Mantle, of course, a license, and yes, it works (I wrote above). I do not want to put a pirate, sorry. Better try to install the license yourself and check, at the same time you will play the coolest (without sarcasm) combat multiplayer to date, especially since the price tags for BF4 have fallen.

m
mister611 12.05.22

New prices

t
tesla707 12.05.22

mister611
maybe buy, but only in June-July. This month, I spent all the salary and the bonus on a helmet (a credit car), there are not many left and I can’t give a thousand for the game - the realities of rashki.

F
FuckNato 12.05.22

My subjective opinion: catalyst 14.4 sucks, with my hardware in bf4 performance is lower! On 14.1 and 13.2 in Shanghai, it does not drop below 60 FPS (at the peak).
In 14.1, you can safely increase the overclocking (multiplier) + vidyahi. Right before the game. Therefore, the performance is greater. With the new driver, I put overclocking before the game, I had to restart the computer and remove the overclocking.

m
mister611 12.05.22

Hogan Hog
"That's it, it makes no sense for us to update firewood anymore!" - I do not agree with this opinion. New drivers are released primarily to improve the optimization of new games, and not just to support upcoming new generation video cards. Previously, if you remember, such updates were monthly for "ati". What cards are supported at the office. site - there is info and if your card is on that list - you definitely need to update the drivers, especially since you only have a card of the last generation, still quite fresh. If the firewood is certified, then it has passed all the necessary tests before release. I recently (a month ago) still had a couple of HD6950s in the cross, always used the latest WHQL drivers and did not know any problems. Problems with firewood sometimes arose after installing any beta, but always returned to certified ones. Installing new drivers

f
frostway 12.05.22

New drivers are released primarily for improved optimization of new games
I agree, but in the case of Catalyst 14.4, everything is different, at least for me. My already ancient HD5770 card with driver 13.12 pulled battlefield 4 on the "Medium" preset from 40-50 fps, even in the most difficult scenes below 30 frames did not sag. After installing the new version 14.4 of Battle on the same settings, the setting began to give out around 30 fps. I rolled back to the old version and everything went as before. The conclusion suggests itself that old cards with this driver only lose power, or this is such a flaw or they were specially made to buy new cards. So new drivers are not always "better" than old ones.

m
mister611 12.05.22

frostvay You
can't argue with the fact, maybe they messed up this time with the support of old cards. I have been using AMD cards for many years, I don’t remember such a flaw, but everything happens for the first time ... who knows, maybe you are right. I read somewhere that 14.4 has two types of. firewood. The first ones released full ones and something was lagging on some configs, after which they released firewood without any component, a little smaller in size. Maybe this is your case. I don't remember the details, because Everything works fine for me, but there was such an info, it's worth checking.

f
frostway 12.05.22

It seems to be downloaded from the AMD website or driver.ru, I don’t remember anymore. The name contains Whql, which means it has passed certification, it weighs 285MB for x64 systems. Although it doesn’t matter anymore, I’ll use 13.12, but in general I’m thinking of switching to Geforce.

F
FuckNato 12.05.22

It's funny, in the test mode BF4 CTE mantle on dr.14.4 from AMD works fine. That is, switching to Mantle leads (although in my case not significant) to an increase in FPS and the absence of image slowdown. I go into the usual BFchik on, mantle and the brakes begin !!! Any ideas? Scored on the battle!!! I play in the Test client, less glitches. A couple of times I was able to run around the corner and survive.

F
FuckNato 12.05.22

.... and by the way, dudes with level 100 are already running!!! Moreover, everyone in BF4CTE starts from scratch.

v
vexPahan 12.05.22

Tell me where to find a patch with mantle (I have upd11)? There is no driver for latest 14.7 for Radeon 7970, Windows 8.1 x64 with this mantle patch.

m
mister611 12.05.22

vexPahan
Buy the game, all the patches will install themselves..

v
vexPahan 12.05.22

mister611
Single company is not worth buying, I don't need multiplayer.

m
mister611 12.05.22

vexPahan
Why do you need a mantle with such a card? You won't notice the difference visually, but the performance in direct and on your head. You should not bother.

B
Brannan 12.05.22

I have a Radeon R9 270X (Sapphire), Driver 14.9 and BF4 1.0.0.104788 (Update 8)

Mantle is not even displayed in the game settings.

m
mister611 12.05.22

Brannan is a
pirate? what questions can there be, burst other versions ..

B
Brannan 12.05.22

mister611 Pirate
or not, if the in-game archives are not touched, then Mantle should be.

Tell me, with what patch did Mantle support appear in the game?