3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22 01:23 am

Post-final discussion. Spoilers. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In general, I finished the passage of the Witcher with pleasure. Ending - Ciri became a witcher, and Geralt stayed with Triss Merigold. After passing, an open world opened up for me, I wanted to visit Kovir to see Triss, but such a location does not exist, unfortunately. Therefore, the question is: how, after passing, the entrance to the openworld did not open. Since without intriguing quests, it's not interesting there (And I don't want the game to roll back to the pre-final state). Can you help? Or is it inevitable?
26 Comments
Sort by:
D
Danil01 14.05.22

I didn't understand the essence of the question

A
Alxmo 14.05.22

opens in any case, even if the emperor takes over the world, Ciri will sacrifice herself to save the world, and Geralt will die after finding her (Vesemir) witcher's amulet. The question is, how could Geralt stay with Triss if she still went to Kovir? And there are no intriguing quests after passing, it seems like)
Oh, and it will be sad for the person who comes here without paying attention to the word spoilers)

d
dmitrians 14.05.22

Mr_macmehon
eh ... this topic has been discussed hundreds of times, in short, then - don't care what the ending will be - you will appear in kaer morhen alone, the world will be empty and only Zoltan and Dandelion will remain in it, with whom there is nothing to even talk about, this is a big jamb developers who may be corrected by 1 out of 16 dls or one of the modders will help, but for now the open world sucks after the story, it’s easier to start a new game (considering that at lvl 30 you already endure everyone with your eyes closed even at level 4 difficulty , then this is another reason to start the game from the very beginning)

f
fre33e 14.05.22

Somehow it becomes sad after passing the game, you run around this openworld, but everything is not the same ..

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Alxmo
How did Geralt stay with Triss? Mission - Now or Never, you have to tell her to stay and also "I love you". After Dijkstra will say turn around and she will walk behind. The main thing is to break with Yen, so that when there is a speech at the very end of the game and the fate of the heroes is voiced, it will be like Geralt left with Triss for Kovir. In general, I wanted the game to end on this and the open world did not open, because it’s not even logical here, he left with Triss for Kovir and returned to Kaer Morhen. Rave. IMHO.

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

fre33e I
completely agree with you, and I don't even have anyone to share my impressions with... But this is not a game, but a masterpiece.

T
Thorgal 14.05.22

I haven't finished the game yet. I have a question, if Geralt dies in one of the possible endings, then who to play in freeplay after the end of the storyline? Or will there be no freeplay after such an ending?

C
Chukchi in the plague 14.05.22

With the mind, of course, you understand that this open world is more likely just a sandbox for the future - and there will most likely be a set for modders, and branded additions and extensions. But I want so much right now and all at once.

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Thorgal
Quote from the person above: "opens anyway, even if the emperor takes over the world, ciri will sacrifice herself to save the world, and geralt will die after finding her (vesemir's) witcher's amulet."
And after the final, the game does not go to the pre-final state, when Geraldus is still alive

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Chukchi in the plague
I understand everything, the developers wanted to make an open world so that the players would not be bored after such a beautiful plot (But alas, it turned out to be crap, not OpenWorld). But for me it would be a reasonable decision to make a choice - to finish the story of Gerald and not get into the open world, or to continue the journey. I would lean towards the first option and put the game on the shelf with peace of mind. And so this moment does not give peace, it feels like something is not finished. Well, budmt wait for new additions. Maybe they will introduce Kovir into the game and you can again enjoy a beautiful walkthrough ...

T
Thorgal 14.05.22

Mr_macmehon
That is, if there is a "pre-final" state in the freeplay, then you can play the final over and over again if you wish?

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Thorgal
No. The final has already been played by you. There will be no story quests in the freeplay, it will just be the state of the game.

C

Mr_macmehon
Well, I still hope that they will do the same with Oblivion :)

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Chukchi in the plague
And how did you do with Oblivion? I just don't know.

C

Mr_macmehon
Well, after the completion of the main story, which could have been very short, two big normal additions were released. Plus, fan-made add-ons - some are no less than the game itself and turned out to be very playable.

A
Alxmo 14.05.22

Mr_macmehon
that's it. from your first message, I understood that Triss still went to Kovir, if Geralt wanted to see her there. So she didn't stay with him on this quest. I just didn’t understand what you were talking about the final videos, it happens)
And about the "fates of the heroes", if Geralt decides to die, then it is also not logical that after that he will end up in Kaer Morhen. The answer is this: The final is shown earlier than the events of the open world, which could possibly be. That is, after the main plot, he is still engaged in all sorts of garbage in the world, and after that that finale already happens - he diesleaves for Kovirputs a kilogram of fisstech in his **pu and sets fire with the help of Igniany other option) By the way, you can see that when it is just loading in Kaer Morhen - the first couple of frames can still see the last plot task - Something ends, something begins (for me it is to find an amulet). That is, this task is implied, but it is not visible, because the result is already clear, and it is important what happens before that

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Alxmo
I got the best ending, in which Ciri became a witcher. After that, slides appeared, where Dandelion told what had happened to whom. I have Gerald and Triss lived in Kovir. ALL. Openworld does not solve anything, it is simply created to "be". It doesn't matter if it happens before or after. The main thing in my case is that Gerald stayed with Triss.

A
Alxmo 14.05.22

Mr_macmehon
how did you get such an ending, if not a secret?
It is clear that he does not solve anything, but you cannot refuse him, since the player most likely did not do everything he wanted, all sorts of additional quests, etc.

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

Alxmo
If you're talking about Triss, then you need to complete the task "Now or Never", after the quest comes to an end, you need to ask her to stay and confess your love. The words that Gerald said to her will not give her rest and she will stay and go to Kaer Morhen to help with the Wild Hunt. After going through the story on the slides, Buttercup will say that Gerald and Triss went to Kovir.
PS I forgot to say that you need to break up with Yen (Tobish don’t confess your love, but simply throw it away)

As for passing with Ciri:
1) Play snowballs with her
2) Immediately go to Bald Mountain to kill Imlerich
3) Allow to arrange a rout in the laboratory Avalakha
4) Let her go alone to the council of the Lodge of Sorceresses
5) Visit Skjal's grave.

Screenshot of the ending with Triss:

M
Mr_macmehon 14.05.22

ChristianDior
What are you wearing? It doesn't matter how you finish the game, the openworld will open for you. Read where you want. And if you are eager to prove it to me, then find me at least one person who has not opened the open world.