3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SeIfish 14.05.22 01:52 am

Alvin from 1 part (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What do you think happened to Alvin and why was he simply forgotten? So the older blood flows in him too
34 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lazarev 14.05.22

Geralt killed Alvin!!!! Alvin is the Supreme Head of Flaming Rose!!!!!

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

He died in the first part at the hands of Geralt. You would have gone through the plot of the first part to the end before asking stupid questions.

S
SeIfish 14.05.22

KoranRazmus
he killed Alvin from another universe before claiming play carefully

S
SeIfish 14.05.22

Lazarev
huh?

s
shvetsov0711 14.05.22

Alvin traveled back in time from the village where the squirrels took hostages, and became the Grand Master (which he always played as a child). In the swamps, he explains everything transparently to Geralt at the first meeting. Jacob from Aldersberg and Alvin are the same person.

L
Lazarev 14.05.22

SeIfish
The medallion that was given to Alvin, then Geralt took it from the Grand Master!

Y
Yarshal 14.05.22

As far as I understood the plot of the first part, Alvin moved back in time in chapter 4, became the head of the order and Geralt killed him, so he should not be in part 3.

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

SeIfish
I played carefully 8 years ago, when this topic was relevant. And there were no parallel universes there. Alvin / Yakov is the source and does not control his powers, and accidentally flew into the past as a small child, after which he became the head of the order. And confirmation of this is the medallion on the corpse of Jacob, which Geralt gave him for protection, I don’t remember why. So do not talk nonsense and close the topic.

S
SeIfish 14.05.22

shvetsov0711
but it seems to me the opposite, since during the final battle he transfers him to his world, which was destroyed by white cold.
KoranRazmus
then where did his roof go about the prophecy of itlina

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

SeIfish
The Witcher Chapter IV
During the clash between the Scoia'tael and the mercenaries led by White Raila,
Alvin (Istok) teleports to a world where the white cold has devoured everything, and then back to his world only to the past. Seeing the white chill in action, he becomes driven

w
wild rider 14.05.22

There is only this letter from Alvin.

SeIfish
"he killed Alvin from another universe"
what?

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

SeIfish
I clearly explained?

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

Yes, in general, I don’t care, the developers stir up such things on the motives of the saga so far from it that they can not only draw Alvin there, but also record the onset of white cold in some kind of DLC.

Wild Rider
Great reference, where did you find it?

S
SeIfish 14.05.22

KoranRazmus
is just not fucking clear, they radically changed the game, even though he flew into the past, even though he flew in from another universe. It’s just that in the Witcher there are worlds where Geralt’s world ends because of the white cold, so I thought that Alvin was from there

w
wild rider 14.05.22

SeIfish
"at the final battle takes him to his world, which was destroyed by white frost."
No, it was just an illusion. The elf from part 3 even talks about it at the end of the game.

Saloknir
"Alvin (Source) teleports to a world where the white cold devoured everything, and then back to his world only to the past. Seeing the white cold in action, he becomes driven"
He moves in time, but I do not remember that Alvin-Yakov said that in reality he was in a world destroyed by the White Frost. Only visions were mentioned.

KoranRazmus
One quest each in Novigrad. "Old friend" is called or something like that. You just need to find a bookseller.

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

Wild Rider
I added this on my own against the background of the passed part 3

w
wild rider 14.05.22

In general, I was counting on the appearance of Alvin in the Wild Hunt. This could have been mixed up in the plot ... so many different options are spinning in my head, of course, taking into account the choice made in part 1. Reveal Alvin's secret at some climactic moment by revealing that he is Ciri's son, for example. And then his Elder Blood will be in place. He could be in the ranks of the Wild Hunt (otherwise why did Eredin need to take his soul? Yes, and he can be "resurrected" easily, like the book Geralt) and at the last moment, in the manner of the sixth episode of Star Wars, save his "mother" from Eredin / White Cold (by sacrificing himself, instead of Ciri, repenting for what he had done and blah, blah, blah. In short, the drama could have been taken out here too). Here is the key choice made in part 1 could affect the ending of part 3. And it would be a great masterpiece. And the projects spat on all these elections and Alvin was safely forgotten. I haven't read the last book in the series yet, so I don't know how my fantasy will harmonize with the canon, heh.

Saloknir
Well, anyway, we can only assume that he saw with his own eyes the real White Cold. In any case, we can say for sure that he is not from their alien world, because. Geralt writes in a letter about "our world".

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

Wild Rider
I did not write that he is from a strange world

N
Nemesis 14.05.22

Wild Rider
I think the fans asked for "canon" so Alvin was forgotten. But in vain. Projects' non-canon came out the most interesting.

Yes, and Shani, I would choose instead of two fools Triss and Yen

w
wild rider 14.05.22

Saloknir
I know, I just added. It was necessary for the author of the topic to answer.

Nemesis
"I think the fans asked for canon, so they forgot about Alvin. But in vain. Non-canon at Projects turned out to be the most interesting."
+

"Yes, and I would choose Shani instead of two fools Triss and Yen"
It's up to taste and color)