3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GTAfan073 19.05.22 01:10 am

They slow down games that didn't slow down before.

In general, such a problem: games slow down after changing the motherboard, PSU, Processor and increasing the amount of RAM, I can’t understand why. The earlier computer configuration was like this: AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 128 MB video memory, VIA AC97 sound card, on this configuration, all games were running fine until 2006, almost without brakes, now the computer configuration is as follows: Intel Sempron 1.8 GHz, 768 MB RAM, Ati Radeon 9550 128 MB video memory, built-in Intel sound card, and here on This configuration started to slow down games that were running fine on the old configurations, I can’t find the reason, I reinstalled the drivers of all devices, I also reinstalled Windows, nothing helps, who knows what could be the reason, I ask for your help ...
31 Comments
Sort by:
f
frendzy 19.05.22

it's all about the suspicious Intel Sempron process

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

frendzy
Damn, Intel Celeron, more precisely, made a mistake)

R
RicoChico 19.05.22

Topic from the past?
Such is the case with Celeron. The frequency is probably 1.3 Hz.

In general, I would buy a used system unit for 5-10 thousand. With some kind of Core2Duo, and Geforce 9600.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

RicoChico
It can’t be in Celeron. I was told in the service that the processor was installed a little more powerful than it was, and in principle it is so, the old one supported only SSE, and this one supports SSE2. And there is no money for a new system unit at the moment, they will later, but now I would like to find the real reason for the brakes in games, since the current configuration is no worse than the one that was ...

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

RicoChico also has a frequency in the processor of exactly 1.8 GHz, and in general games such as CSS and GTA SA should not slow down even on Celeron!

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 19.05.22

GTAfan073
ATI Radeon 9550
From the video it is clear that the system is old. The processor is generally not for games if they are less than 10 years old.
If it were Celeron 1000M (mobile 1.8 GHz), then you could still play something.
I can say very conditionally that the old video card GeForce GT 430/530/620 would be good for games.
About the processor from the ancients, think about models of the Pentium Dual-Core 2.0 GHz level (you should not look for a Pentium D).

R
RicoChico 19.05.22

It has an AGP bus, so modern cards are out of the question.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 19.05.22

RicoChico
8800 GTS 320MB seems to have been. But it is clear that without a motherboard with support for at least Allendale, there is no point in such a video. Of the earlier ones, it seems there was a 7950GT (or at least 7900GT/GS).

R
RicoChico 19.05.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Geforce 7800 is the latest with AGP, ATI 4000 has a series.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

By the way, I have a Gigabyte GA-8IE2004 (-L) motherboard (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio), and it seems like it is possible to put a PCI video card on it, but what about the brakes in games, I found the reason, I they just slipped a defective processor, which barely works already, I already had a couple of cases with it when I ran some program and my computer rebooted ... and sites with Flash content are terribly slow ... in general, everything is due to defective processor.

R
RicoChico 19.05.22

GTAfan073
No way. Requires PCI Express.

m
masha 19.05.22

Why did you give up your old computer? I overclocked my sempron.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

Yes, I didn’t refuse, it’s just that my Sempron had already served its purpose, it heated up strongly and already when it reached 48 degrees the computer automatically rebooted, so I had to change it, but the current processor got me for free, they gave it as a used part, but however the mother I got the board and another 256 MB memory stick the same way, but with them (pah pah pah) everything is fine, but the processor was out of luck ...

W
Wheatley. 19.05.22

GTAfan073
I feel like a king compared to you to be honest

M
MunchkiN 616 19.05.22

I think the problem is in the motherboard or in the extra memory. as I understand it, 1 scarf is 512 meters and next to it is 256. that's what 256 slows down the motherboard and cuts the neighboring memory. need to know its exact characteristics. those nada to tear out excess memory.
a defective processor is nonsense. then the computer would hang and not get out of the blue screens. By itself, it is so slow that it is clear that it probably slows down DVD movies from 8GB discs.
Well, if it’s not Windows 8.1, of course, it’s standing with watch whistles and fakes

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

MunchkiN 616
But then how to explain the reboot of the computer when opening some programs and the brakes on Flash sites if these problems clearly indicate the processor? And how is it possible for a harmless memory bar to slow down the motherboard? To be honest, I have not heard of such cases .. although the devil knows. In general, here are the characteristics of my memory sticks:
DIMM1: SK Hynix (512 ÌÁ PC3200 DDR SDRAM) (main memory, always stood)
DIMM2: 256 ÌÁ PC2100 DDR SDRAM (new bar)
As for the processor, I have Windows XP SP2, movies are great, and those in 720p, problems only in games and Flash sites.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.05.22

GTAfan073
purely from the definition, one most likely works at 133 MHz and the older one is more than MHz. all the same, probably the memory should be of the same class, otherwise they are reduced to weak memory. and there it begins that the Intel bus should operate at a frequency no higher than the memory frequency, etc.
since the pitch is old and I didn’t have selerons, I’m breeding with pitches

N
No more drugs 19.05.22

GTAfan073
Did you rob a museum? Where did you get this antique?
Somewhere I have pieces of iron lying around:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor with cooler
Motherboard ECS HT2000 NFORCE4-A93
DDR 1Gb memory
Video: RX1600PRO
Pay for shipping, I'll give it to you for free..

v
vovanRUS 19.05.22

People have computers for 100 pieces, and they lag. And you wanted to play on the "calculator" from the 90s%)

a
alexandrovitch 19.05.22

Proc needs 3 gigahertz, or watch slideshow with friezes