3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GTAfan073 19.05.22 01:10 am

They slow down games that didn't slow down before.

In general, such a problem: games slow down after changing the motherboard, PSU, Processor and increasing the amount of RAM, I can’t understand why. The earlier computer configuration was like this: AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 128 MB video memory, VIA AC97 sound card, on this configuration, all games were running fine until 2006, almost without brakes, now the computer configuration is as follows: Intel Sempron 1.8 GHz, 768 MB RAM, Ati Radeon 9550 128 MB video memory, built-in Intel sound card, and here on This configuration started to slow down games that were running fine on the old configurations, I can’t find the reason, I reinstalled the drivers of all devices, I also reinstalled Windows, nothing helps, who knows what could be the reason, I ask for your help ...
31 Comments
Sort by:
d
djsup 19.05.22

throw this rubbish away!!!

t
tatunserg 19.05.22

nifiga you have a computer, I had a more powerful one 10 years ago. Now this is not even worth 100 bucks.

N
No more drugs 19.05.22

tatun
Correction: with the current exchange rate, it's not even worth 25 bucks...

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

MunchkiN 616
In general, I removed one memory bar (the one with 256 MB) and it got better anyway, everything slowed down and slowed down, so it seems that the processor is to blame for the brakes ...

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

By the way, I forgot to say possibly important information: many games slow down in different ways, that is, there is no such thing that all games slow down all the time, basically the brakes appear periodically, for example, in GTA 3, brakes sometimes occur when there are a lot of cars in the frame, in Painkiller the brakes start, when monsters appear, in CSS the brakes are almost always, it doesn’t slow down only in the dark on De_dust2, in FlatOut2 everything is fine, but for some time wild brakes start, they stop only if you restart the race, in Cry of Fear the brakes are only in open spaces, indoors, the game is running fine... in general, I have no idea what the reason is, everything points to the processor, but I still doubt that these problems are due to it... in general, I ask for help from those who can guess what cause I really want to solve this problem...

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 19.05.22

GTAfan073
Painkiller seems to have a minimum of 384MB and a recommended 512MB. 256 MB did not go even with Win2k.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

Well, I have 768 MB of RAM now, Painkiller should go with a bang, and it worked fine for me at 512 MB ...

By some miracle, I managed to launch Left 4 Dead, the fps of course is expectedly unplayable (7-15 fps), but one I still passed the company. I tried to run the game at 512 MB, it also started, but in the shelter at the start of the companies the game immediately crashed, but I remember that the FPS was at least 25-30, and now only 7-15 (
What the reason for all these brakes in games, I don’t know at all, I’ve been looking for a solution to the problem for a month now...

7Rain7 19.05.22

GTAfan073 Sorry
for the off topic question, but is there really no way to earn money for something? I'm not trolling, but it's just that even a student now or a schoolboy can earn extra money and earn even for a simple system. Sori if there are no opportunities due to physical limitations.
But I think you are a troll.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

7Rain7
I already wrote that right now I don’t have money right now, they will appear, but later, now I just want to solve this problem, and I’m not a troll at all, if I had money now, I wouldn’t be messing with This junk, and even more so would create a topic here? However, here is the proof that I'm not lying, I really have such an old system.

7Rain7 19.05.22

GTAfan073 Calm
down, I guess I missed it. I'm not coming. Just asked.

G
GTAfan073 19.05.22

People, share your ideas of what it could be, it’s really very strange, I’ve already rearranged the drivers for the chipset, nothing helps at all ...
By the way, I noticed another oddity in the Flat Out 2 game, in addition to the fact that everything sags in places on the cards -the same fps, so also in the derby, when the cars of the opponents explode, the fps becomes less and less, for example, at the start of the race, the fps is normal (35 - 45), then after the explosion of three cars it is already 20 -15 fps, and at the end of the race, when almost all the cars are destroyed in general, the fps drops to 2-3, moreover, if you press pause, then the fps in the menu is normal (35 - 45), but if you return to the race, it again rapidly drops to 2 - 3 fps ... very strange ...